Author Topic: Explaining "Tea Baggers" to your Mother  (Read 852 times)

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
Explaining "Tea Baggers" to your Mother
« on: April 19, 2011, 04:55:36 AM »
Last Saturday, I rode with my octogenarian parents to a funeral in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. The two hour drive gave the three of us some time to catch up and discuss politics and the overall state of the country. I credit my mother with teaching me from an early age about politics and government. Both of them have been active in the Republican Party for as long as I can remember, even taking us kids with them to vote for Eisenhower and Goldwater. My mother was the minority member (Republican) on the Surry County Board of Elections for several years. During our conversation, my mother casually used the term "Tea Baggers" when referring to the Tea Party Patriots.

Oh Boy. . .

My mother is, to borrow a phrase from the President, a typical white southern person, having lived in North Carolina all but two years of her life. She never would have used the phrase as a description of the Tea Party were it not for the Progressive Media's constant use of the term, knowing full well of the vile and disgusting origin of the term. She would have been mortally embarrassed had she used the term in polite company and had a stranger explain to her the original meaning of the word. As a loving son, I had a duty to educate my mother.

"Mother", I began, "I think I had better explain where the term 'Tea Bagger' came from."

CNN's outed homosexual anchor Anderson Cooper is credited with first using the pejorative "Tea Bagging" to describe the grass roots political movement that spawned the folks carrying the "Taxed Enough Already" signs at political rallies. Anderson Cooper and David Gergen laughed like a couple of seventh grade girls after Cooper notoriously on live t.v. said "It's hard to talk when you're tea bagging." This from two serious media commentators?

Fox's Greg Gutfield had the best take-down on the childish antics of Anderson Cooper:

Now, if you're too old or too high to get what's going on, here's the joke: The liberal-leaning media are goofing on the tea parties by invoking the term teabagging, a phrase used to describe an act of oral sex performed by a man - either on another man, woman, or in Alec Baldwin's case – a cheeseburger.

There was no way to sugar coat the explanation for my mother. If I was too "delicate" in explaining the term, the disgusting aspect of the word may be lost. "Mom, I don't think that it's proper to use the term 'Tea Bagging' to describe folks who are protesting high taxes. The Leftist Media has borrowed a term from the homosexual lexicon to reflect poorly on conservatives. The homosexual term 'Tea Bagging' refers to a sex act where the man rests his testicles on the chin of the man giving him oral sex. Tea Bagging is a vile and disgusting pejorative term, Mom, and needs to be challenged every time someone utters the phrase in your presence."

I don't think I was this uncomfortable talking about sex since my parents told me where babies came from.

Annotations:

Anderson Cooper Tea Bagging Video Anderson Cooper: It's hard to talk when you're teabagging
Greg Gutfield Red Eye: http://www.dailygut.com/index.php?i=4169
Yeah. So what. He's gay: http://gawker.com/#!5392766/anderson-cooper-is-a-giant-homosexual-and-everyone-knows-it

Cross posted at Red State: http://www.redstate.com/bigalsouth/2011/04/19/explaining-tea-bagging-to-my-mother/
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 05:14:09 AM by BigAlSouth »
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Explaining "Tea Baggers" to your Mother
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 07:41:06 AM »
"or in Alec Baldwin's case – a cheeseburger"

::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 10:02:50 AM »
What was your Mother's reaction, BAS?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 10:14:41 AM »
The joke is actually on mr fag anderson cooper....I mean, it is actually ON HIM.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 11:05:48 AM »
What was your Mother's reaction, BAS?

I was driving so I could not see her facial expression. I think she was grateful that she was informed of the nature of the reference to "tea bagging."
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 11:39:00 AM »
I'm not sure my mother understands the exact definition but she does get that it's not "nice".
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 11:48:12 AM »
Yeah, my mom too.  She wants more info, she'll have to talk to pops, I ain't touching that one!

::exitstageleft::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.