Author Topic: Homeland Security Conducts Unannounced School Lockdown Drill  (Read 1447 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Homeland Security Conducts Unannounced School Lockdown Drill
« on: March 15, 2014, 11:33:25 AM »
The Department of Homeland Security is expanding its operations by running unannounced school lockdown drills, another sign of the federal agency’s encroachment into more areas of Americans’ lives.

“The NJ DOE team told us that of all the schools they have visited, GRHS was one of the best,” said Superintendent Dr. Mucciolo, confirming that the drills are now becoming commonplace throughout the region.

While authorities justify school lockdown drills as necessary exercises to prepare for potential school shootings, the likelihood of one happening is miniscule. Critics have pointed to the fact that the drills achieve little else than traumatizing school children.

Some have also argued that teaching kids to “shelter in place” rather than evacuate the scene of a shooting is bad advice because it is likely to lead to more casualties. The process of having children submit to armed masked men during school lockdown drills is also contradictory in that it teaches them to behave exactly the same way towards an actual gunman.

Check out this abbreviated list from Slate's Dahlia Lithwick ...

Ukiah, Calif., Tuesday, Dec. 10. Three South Ukiah schools locked down after a report of a man with a rifle near the church behind one of the schools.
    Hiddenite, N.C., Tuesday, Dec. 10: Hiddenite Elementary school locked down after a nearby bank robbery.
    Columbus, Ohio, Tuesday, Dec. 10: Fort Hayes Arts and Academic High School locked down after a “vague threat” found written on a bathroom wall.
    Lake Villa, Ill., Tuesday, Dec. 10: Five Lake County schools locked down over two separate incidents, one involving a man wielding a rifle in his home during a domestic dispute, the other involving a student who brought a weapon to a middle school.
    Milwaukee, Friday, Dec. 6:  James Madison Academic Campus put on lockdown after unsubstantiated report of a gun on grounds.
    Tempe, Ariz., Friday, Dec. 6, Fees College Preparatory Middle School locked down after police found a boy carrying a BB gun on campus.
    Stockton, Calif., Thursday, Dec. 5: Grunsky Elementary School placed on lockdown as a result of a domestic dispute in a nearby residence.
    Genesee Township, Mich., Thursday, Dec. 5: Kearsley High School placed on lockdown after someone calls in a bomb threat.
    Howard County, Md., Thursday, Dec. 5: Lockdown at Laurel Woods Elementary School and Forest Ridge Elementary School.
    Orlando, Fla., Wednesday, Dec. 4: West Orange High School on lockdown after a 15-year-old student shot by another student in face and abdomen.
    Dayton, Ohio, Wednesday, Dec. 4: Meadowdale High School on lockdown after unconfirmed reports of a student with a gun.
    Cincinnati, Wednesday, Dec. 4: Lincoln Heights Elementary School locked down when a woman was shot in the neighborhood, and someone shot into the back of a school bus dropping children off. 
    Wake Forest, N.C., Wednesday, Dec. 4 : Wake Forest Middle School, Heritage Elementary School, Heritage Middle School, and Heritage High School all locked down after a robbery at a local bank.
    Greenbriar, Ark., Wednesday, Dec. 4: Greenbrier schools on lockdown when parents of children in the district were involved in a domestic dispute off-campus.
    Wingate, N.C., Wednesday, Dec. 4: All of Wingate University placed on lockdown after two people were fatally shot on a nearby street.
    Nashville, Tenn., Wednesday, Dec. 4: Rutland Elementary School on lockdown after man crashes car nearby and escapes from police on foot.

That’s just a fraction of them. And that’s just one week.

She's unhappy about the increasing frequency of these drills as well, but chooses to blame the prevalence of guns, not DHS and not the fact that we're rapidly becoming a police state, despite writing the following:

"I don’t recall any serious national public dialogue about lockdown protocols or how they became the norm. It seems simply to have begun, modeling itself on the lockdowns that occur during prison riots, and then spread until school lockdowns and lockdown drills are as common for our children as fire drills, and as routine as duck-and-cover drills were in the 1950s."

Dots unconnected.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Homeland Security Conducts Unannounced School Lockdown Drill
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 12:07:29 PM »
Critics have pointed to the fact that the drills achieve little else than traumatizing school children.

Well that is the point isn't it. Its to get them scared and used to submitting to armed authority - in the guise of a gunman or a police officer.  That way when the police do no knock raids to search for illegal guns the children will know what to do and offer no resistance.

By the way, inducing such trauma is exactly how you brainwash people - you can bet the "educators" are taking full advantage of the trauma to indoctrinate the children with the right ideas.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 03:41:46 PM »
As recently as the late 1980's,  most schools didn't even bother locking the doors during the day,  you could just wander in if you wanted.   I even remember  a stray dog got in the building and was wandering around one day in my grade school. 

Compared with today.    I go to see my nephews school program.    Do I just go in and see the program.   Nope.........   

They have you sign in, put the name of the student your there for,  they hold an ID (yes, hold the ID,  not just look at it,  they hold on to it when your in the building). They also ask the name of the teacher (which I didn't know of course,  so that delayed my entry).    That is after they have buzzed you in the building to the office (an exterior door that has clearly been recently installed).   Thankfully it was only his grade level,  I can't imagine the line for a whole school program. 

Would all of this stop a gunman?   

Not a chance.   It only ensures the first victim is the school secretary (like at Newton). 

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 08:27:27 AM »
Not a chance.   It only ensures the first victim is the school secretary (like at Newton).

No, it doesn't even assure that. At most schools there is a defined start and stop time as well as this thing called recess.  If someone is bound and determined to kill a bunch of grade school children one only needs a roof top  somewhere around the school and a schedule.

Of course, if someone is bound and determined to kill grade school children, simply dressing like a police officer and  handing out poison candy would probably be still easier. Thanks to the unquestioning compliance being bred into adults and children, and even school officials,  no one will even suspect a problem until the first victim gets sick. Of course, if that happens the first thing libtard will do is demand we ban candy (whoops already  doing that aren't they?)  and then forbid police form coming to a school, suggesting a special, militarized unit of DHS be deployed to every school.  If it saves even one life ... we must all live like slavish sheep and obey the demands of the govt shepherd.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 01:46:58 PM »
Stop voluntarily sending your kids to Fedcoat Indoc Centers.

We need a massive don't-go-to-work/school/pay-taxes/everything boycott of sufficient (open-ended) duration to send the message to all oligarchs we're not taking this shyt anymore.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 08:10:40 PM »

We need a massive don't-go-to-work/school/pay-taxes/everything boycott of sufficient (open-ended) duration to send the message to all oligarchs we're not taking this shyt anymore.

Today, in my local congregation of the Lord's church, there was a prayer request for two young people, who had been raised as Christians, who have succumbed to the pressures of the state church, and now believe in Darwinism. They still proclaim that there is a God, but assert that he is powerless and ineffective.  How awful that is.  They have no hope, at the moment. Our prayer will be for the restoration of their faith and the cleansing of the poison the state schools have instilled in their "mind." 
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 06:45:31 AM »

Today, in my local congregation of the Lord's church, there was a prayer request for two young people, who had been raised as Christians, who have succumbed to the pressures of the state church, and now believe in Darwinism. They still proclaim that there is a God, but assert that he is powerless and ineffective.  How awful that is.  They have no hope, at the moment. Our prayer will be for the restoration of their faith and the cleansing of the poison the state schools have instilled in their "mind."

Requires an intervention.  But since those are frowned upon by the state (where did I hear something about people not being allowed to help teens struggling with sexual identity issues?) there is such thin separation of state into church now that that would be hammered down either by compliant church elders responding to a vocal minority or by the state at the urging of a vocal minority...or just by the state directly once hearing any wiff of it.

Such is latter day America...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.