Author Topic: Now the Ebola has made it to North America...  (Read 28695 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Now the Ebola has made it to North America...
« Reply #160 on: October 13, 2014, 02:16:59 PM »
Ever since the UN and Progressive Dem's saw an avenue to morph the US military into a humanitarian tool and a captive social experiement it has gone downhill...troops, salilors are marines were designed to break crap and kill people, period.  Now, the Pentagon celebrates that new mission!

::pullhair::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #161 on: October 14, 2014, 12:27:16 AM »
NBC "Health" correspondent violates "voluntary" quarantine and thus sentences entire news crew to mandatory quarantine.

"Doctor" Nancy Snyderman, a close personal friend of HRC they say, just had to visit her favorite soup restaurant.

Idiot.

-------------

101st Airborne prepares/trains for suicide mission to Liberia (lots of photos 'cause DailyMail)

It is thought (trap-by idiots) that with the right training and precautions, the risk of infection for soldiers earmarked for the battle against the deadly virus is low.

But the soldiers' families are still desperate to know how the military can keep their loved ones safe from the epidemic - a new addition to the Army's long list of threats. (trap-IT CAN'T)

As soldiers prepare to face the deadly virus, it emerged over the weekend that a nurse who treated Ebola 'patient zero' Thomas Duncan in Dallas, Texas, had contracted the virus - despite wearing all the correct protective clothing and following safety protocols. (trap-click on this link for a brief reminder of what bio-safety level 4 equipment and protocols* are supposed to be like...think these hospitals have this stuff? No?)

Nina Pham, 26, from Fort Worth, Texas, is currently in a stable condition with the virus in an isolation unit.

The only sensible way to deal with this thing:

--------------------

Also read somewhere today that the infected nurse in Spain had a grand total of 30 minutes of training time before being tested under fire.

--------------------

The new standard in air transportation safety: Treat literally anyone who becomes airsick as a potential Ebola victim.

Um, yeah, but each airline seat comes with an airsickness bag because puking on a flight isn't uncommon. This may, in and of itself, kill the airline industry.

Probably another false alert BUT...these people (presumably men) had just returned from Meca where they had been doing the jihadi bump and grind with several thousand other muslims (sort of a gigantic islamo-ebola blender) and it would be totally unexpected if some of them weren't from Africa so...who knows?

The jihadi pilgrimage to Meca DOES offer a very unique and opportunistic scenario for the Ebola virus to spread itself into a new area. Personally, it's difficult for me to imagine a much more heart-warming vision than several thousand islamic nut jobs with hemorrhagic fever puking, bleeding and sh*tting all over themselves instead of proudly hacking another innocent's head off.

---------------

When dealing with biological hazards at this level the use of a positive pressure personnel suit, with a segregated air supply is mandatory. The entrance and exit of a level four biolab will contain multiple showers, a vacuum room, an ultraviolet light room, and other safety precautions designed to destroy all traces of the biohazard. Multiple airlocks are employed and are electronically secured to prevent both doors from opening at the same time. All air and water service going to and coming from a biosafety level 4 (or P4) lab will undergo similar decontamination procedures to eliminate the possibility of an accidental release.

And if you poke around at the link it becomes pretty obvious that the hospital in Dallas (and Spain and nearly everywhere else) is using bio-safety level 1 and/or 2 procedures and equipment. Brilliant. These are the much vaunted CDC protocols that the experts just can't figure out as to why they have a viral infection on their hands.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 01:01:52 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #162 on: October 14, 2014, 06:29:41 AM »
The jihadi pilgrimage to Meca DOES offer a very unique and opportunistic scenario for the Ebola virus to spread itself into a new area. Personally, it's difficult for me to imagine a much more heart-warming vision than several thousand islamic nut jobs with hemorrhagic fever puking, bleeding and sh*tting all over themselves instead of proudly hacking another innocent's head off.

I love a story with a happy ending!  And as far as Ebola goes, the only happeir ending to this outbreak would be Obola & Co getting it as well.

Fate, karma, Devine Intervention...the universe would be put back in balance! 

::whoohoo::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #163 on: October 14, 2014, 07:10:49 AM »
Trap mentions the hospitals using only level-1 or 2 bio-safety, but that is all they have, they were never planned to have anyting higher because the need was never there.

This poor 26 year old nurse, Nina, is getting a transfusion from an Ebola survivor who matches her blood type, I hope she makes it!  My sister being an RN this makes me nervous, and now she is on a mission to Guatemala and took her eledest boy along with.

And there are about 70 people who may have come into contact with Duncan to worry about!

And the desure to establish a top-level bio-containment hospital in each state to treat highly infectious diseases like Ebola makes sense, but it is not going to happen overnight, so...

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #164 on: October 14, 2014, 11:32:39 PM »
I am sitting on ready to order my masks.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #165 on: October 15, 2014, 02:18:07 AM »
Tonight's installment of the Ebonics epidemic...

Seems that the boyfriend of the newly infected Dallas nurse has himself been admitted to the same hospital in (get ready for it) an abundance of caution. And to make matters more interesting, said boyfriend works at Alcon, a company that specializes in eye products. Wonderful.

An email sent out to the Alcon staff by its CEO reportedly said that the ebola nurse’s boyfriend was admitted into hospital with “Ebola-like symptoms.”

Gotnews.com has received word from two different Alcon employees, both of whom asked not to be identified.

Alcon’s U.S. headquarters are in Fort Worth, Texas. It is an ophthalmological pharmaceutical company.

Requests for comment from Alcon were not returned.

As a reinforcement to my post from last night here is a pdf file of the CDC's protocols for putting on and taking off PPE. Yeah, you can totally see how someone could get infected by following this procedure.

Don't believe me? (I know you do but I had to ask) Follow this link to HotAir's Quotes of the Day and scroll down to see the video of CNN's medical "expert" attempting to follow said protocol and proving that it does not work.

More: Can't find the link right now but I read today that it is supposed to take 20 health care workers to care for each individual Ebonics victim. If that's true it won't take very many infected people to completely shut down health care in the US. After all, if you have most (if not all) medical staff caring for Ebonics victims then there is no one left to care for anyone else. OR...alternate scenario: This guarantees that if you go to the hospital or the local quick clinic for (pick your reason) you are all but assured that you WILL be seen by one or more people who have recently (like fifteen minutes ago) been wiping Ebonics puke off of themselves.

And...since (pretty much most) hospitals have been demonstrating for years that they are incapable of halting staph infections, well...connect the dots.

Thanks to the feckless CDC director starting in on the post-Duncan finger pointing and blame-gaming, the nurses' union has decided to take the gloves off and spill their collective guts about the godawful mess that was/is Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital...real life leftist circular firing squad:

Nurses at the Dallas hospital where the first patient died of Ebola in America have spoken out to insist there were no protocols for dealing with the disease in place - and claim that no hospital in the country is prepared to deal with the deadly virus.

The director of the National Nurses Union RoseAnn DeMoro directly contradicted the CDC's initial claim that a breach in protocol lead to the infection of Nina Pham as she treated Thomas Eric Duncan.

She said: 'Our nurses are not protected, they're not prepared to handle Ebola or any other pandemics,' DeMoro said.

'The protocols that should have been in place in Dallas were not in place and are not in place anywhere in the United States, as far as we can tell.'

The nursing union says that Thomas Eric Duncan was left in an open area of a Dallas emergency room for hours, and the nurses treating him worked for days without proper protective gear and faced constantly changing protocols.

It says nurses were also forced to use medical tape to secure openings in their flimsy garments, worried that their necks and heads were exposed as they cared for a patient with explosive diarrhea and projectile vomiting.

They also make the frightening allegation that nurses treating Duncan were also caring for other patients in the hospital at the same time.

The highlights from this little (probably totally justified) bitch-fest:

- Thomas Eric Duncan was not isolated immediately when he was finally admitted to the hospital with Ebola symptoms
Nurses treating Duncan were also caring for other patients in the hospital

- He was 'left for several hours in an area where other patients were present,' said Burger, who said that seven patients were in the vicinity of Duncan

- Patients who may have been exposed to Duncan were kept in isolation only for a day before being moved to areas where there were other patients

- A nursing supervisor faced interference from hospital chiefs when they demanded Duncan be isolated

- The protective clothing the nurses were wearing when they initially treated Duncan left their necks and heads exposed
When they reported this to their superiors, the nurses were told to use surgical tape and wrap it around their necks instead to close the gaps

- 'They were told to use medical tape and had to use four to five pieces of medical tape wound around their neck. The nurses have expressed a lot of concern about how difficult it is to remove the tape from their neck,' said Burger

- The nurses made the shocking allegation that during Duncan's care, hazardous waste was dumped in a room and built up to the ceiling

- Preparation for Ebola at the hospital amounted to little more than an optional seminar for staff

- In the face of constantly shifting guidelines, nurses were allowed to follow whichever ones they chose

Best and brightest at work and getting paid.

Final thought for tonight:

It is beginning to look more than a little obvious that President DumbAss is purposefully allowing the Ebonics epidemic to become firmly established in the USA. And by that I mean that it is beginning to look obvious to even the very dull-witted amongst us. Polling is running something like 60+% in favor of shutting down all air travel from Africa and there is one of those stupid BO petitions to do just that with lots and lots of signers (suckers) who think that if they just ask BO to do it then he certainly will. This IS going to be BO's legacy: Death and destruction at home due to wretchedness and idiocy. Nothing is going to be done until it affects the big business cronies. And by then it will be too late. Yee-haw.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 02:27:10 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #166 on: October 15, 2014, 07:10:21 AM »
Not surprised the nurses union led the charge to expose the shoddy practices, but this was to be expected, the secret the industry does not want to get out is out - they were, are and continue to be totally unprepared to handle anything remotely this infectous.  Which, in any sane person's thinking would mean NOT restricting travel to and from the regions of the globe where this is prevalent would be positive indication of a wreckless and actionable act whereby each and every citizen in this nation should be raising bloody Hell!

But, f**k it, dancing with the retards is on!

::pullhair::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #168 on: October 15, 2014, 08:51:53 AM »
Morning thoughts:

If I was a paranoid conspiracy type person one thing I might be pondering is if the reason for allowing Ebolo to proliferate isn't to kill off a few billion worldwide to "heal the planet." This was a major plot point in Tom Clancy's novel, "Rainbow Six." Just a thought.

Second thought: I am about to embark on a mini-family-vacation to a major destination point in America. We do not know where along the trip path we might run into some of President DumbAss's disease riddled illegal aliens. We have no idea if we might encounter an Ebolo vector along the way (admittedly very unlikely at this time). So...we are going to put some protocols of our own into place. We are going to make sure that we wash hands frequently and rigorously all along the way. We are going to sterilize public toilet seats (because, yeah, you can catch Ebolo from a toilet seat) with Chlorox wipes. We are going to avoid exchanging cash/coins for transactions. We will sterilize credit cards after they are handed back. And we will do anything else that we can think of that might limit our exposure to any publicly available pathogen. We will be doing this not because it is likely that we might come into contact with Ebolo or anything else at this time but rather to get into practice because of what might be coming in a few more weeks or months.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #169 on: October 15, 2014, 10:17:28 AM »
I recently undertook a mini family vacation to a major destination point in America in which a member was watching forest fires that might possibly encroach upon his residence.  After having done such, I have to note that dam, Trap, you have a lot so stoner beggers out your ways, now.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #171 on: October 15, 2014, 11:13:41 AM »
Great...

Every airline is EbolaAir...

::facepalm::

Completely  ::cussing::  up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is everybody Obola-stupid?!?!?!

ETA - Speaking of Obola-level stupid...

Can we state the brutally obvious fact that we will NEVER rid Ebola from America until first we rid America of Obama and minions like Dr Thomas Frieden?!?!?!

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/10/cdc-director-frieden-if-we-ban-travel-from-west-africa-ebola-well-be-at-higher-risk-video/

My God, what a stupid, psychotic SOB!!!   ::speechless::

QUARRANTINE AFRICA!!!

Jayyyyzzzzusssssssssssssss!   ::pullhair::
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 11:29:06 AM by Libertas »

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #172 on: October 15, 2014, 11:33:53 AM »
I'm not seeing how this is stopped at this point. It has been confined to isolated outbreaks in Africa that burn themselves out specifically because the locations where it struck were not mobile societies.

We are the most mobile society on earth. Now that it is introduced here, it won't be stopped.

And we must ask ourselves, why is this not cropping up in Russia? China? Really, why not anywhere but its origination point of Africa, and subsequently in Europe and the United States?

I think there heretofore unimaginable is in our imminent future. I think Weisshaupt is right. The last vestige of individual liberty on earth has been targeted by its own government for the most heinous evil, and this is it.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #173 on: October 15, 2014, 11:43:14 AM »
All I know is I wanna hurt somebody, we who did not ask for any of this evil to be visited upon us are the only ones who can righteously be pissed off and make those who did this and allowed all this to happen to pay the price.

If we survive that is...

More evil racist pukes to keep in mind should they survive...

http://weaselzippers.us/202586-sheila-jackson-lee-blames-gop-for-ebola-outbreak-claims-they-cut-funding-to-cdc/

http://weaselzippers.us/202566-dem-hack-donna-brazile-has-no-sympathy-for-second-nurse-who-contracted-ebola-she-knew-the-risks/

There's a couple of useless ones, eh? 

PS-Just heard Rush come up with the quote of the day that should be a campaign slogan for all against Obola! - "If just one child could be saved by stopping flights from Africa..."

Booyah!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #174 on: October 15, 2014, 11:47:39 AM »
It's spreading into America and Europe because we're the two places filled with guilt-ridden white liberals who would literally rather see their own countries develop into plagues rather than be "discriminatory" by blocking travel from Africa.  Russia and China aren't nearly that stupid.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #175 on: October 15, 2014, 11:51:56 AM »
And yes, I'm honestly worried about this now.  I don't see the spread being stopped at this point.  This may well be their ace in the hole to quash an insurgency.  You can't spark a rebellion with a deadly plague spreading at random.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #176 on: October 15, 2014, 12:02:55 PM »
If they infect me...i'm gonna kiss every damn democrat I can find with lots-o-tongue till I drop dead!!!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #177 on: October 15, 2014, 12:20:42 PM »
And yes, I'm honestly worried about this now.  I don't see the spread being stopped at this point.  This may well be their ace in the hole to quash an insurgency.  You can't spark a rebellion with a deadly plague spreading at random.

Go get food, water, gas and other fuel right now.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #178 on: October 15, 2014, 01:04:19 PM »

I ordered a couple of buckets of the Mountain House food.  And I already have several jerry cans full of fuel.  Nothing is ever enough though, it seems.  My thinking to this point has always been centered around having enough emergency supplies to allow me to get to my bug out location in the mountains. That could be unrealistic though, if road transportation becomes difficult.

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #179 on: October 15, 2014, 02:00:49 PM »

I ordered a couple of buckets of the Mountain House food.  And I already have several jerry cans full of fuel.  Nothing is ever enough though, it seems.  My thinking to this point has always been centered around having enough emergency supplies to allow me to get to my bug out location in the mountains. That could be unrealistic though, if road transportation becomes difficult.

A possible scenario in any and all cases unless you pre-empt the situation which means leaving before it looks like you need to.

So ... get busy.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"