Author Topic: Gandhi vs. the Nazis  (Read 674 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Gandhi vs. the Nazis
« on: March 26, 2014, 10:20:35 AM »
A popular observation among the 2nd Amendment and Patriot culture is that Gandhi's famous non-violent resistance, which has since become the quintessential template of peaceful resistance movements, was really only successful because its target -- the British -- were ultimately a moral and ethical people who were vulnerable to having their own ideals shown to be a farce by their treatment of India.  This popular observation goes on to speculate how different things would have turned out if Gandhi had faced the Nazis, or the Soviets, or the Imperial Japanese.  I always thought of this when Glenn Beck would go on one of his pseudo-Gandhi flights of fancy.

Anyhow, courtesy of Western Rifle Shooters I found a link to a short story exploring that very hypothetical.  It's a pretty well written and interesting story.  Check it out:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5rMljbFiemoMWIxZjJkNjctOGJmMS00Njg1LTg4YzMtODRjNGQwM2JlZWEz/edit?hl=en_US&pli=1
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Gandhi vs. the Nazis
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 10:54:55 AM »
This popular observation goes on to speculate how different things would have turned out if Gandhi had faced the Nazis, or the Soviets, or the Imperial Japanese.  I always thought of this when Glenn Beck would go on one of his pseudo-Gandhi flights of fancy.

I haven't read it, but I will give a summary.  Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!  Okay get that bulldozer over here and dump Ghandi and his followers in that hole.
Non-violent resistance only works against people who have moral principles against coercion, violence and killing- and the political  left has none.

Afterwards they will say Ghandi and his followers voluntarily chose death by firing squad  over compliance.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Gandhi vs. the Nazis
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 11:29:34 AM »
Enbolden the sheep, let them think their silly tactics have merit...once flushed with zeal and in the open...so much the easier to slaughter.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.