Author Topic: Another Victory for the Communists  (Read 491 times)

Offline sfetter

Another Victory for the Communists
« on: April 17, 2014, 08:20:56 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/16/colo-eminent-domain-case-settled-with-115000-sale/?intcmp=latestnews

I would have liked to have seen a different outcome on this.  But I understand, a young couple with 2 daughters,  Sadly, I might have made the same decision. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Another Victory for the Communists
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 08:36:50 AM »
Sad and frustrating and annoying as heck...

"To me, what just came out of it is, you can't win, you can't fight the government,"

Yes, you can...but not unless you are armed and determined.

The Barries said  the slim odds laid out by a mediation judge also influenced them to settle.

"The judge, who was the mediator, basically told us, 'You're fighting Summit County, in the Summit County Courthouse with a Summit County jury and a Summit County judge that has to be re-elected by Summit County voters in November, you're not going to win'," said Ceil Barrie.

According to the county's statement, the deal "...will halt... repeated motorized travel in this region, which includes biologically sensitive public lands designated as non-motorized... The purchase will also put an end to the various commercial activities..."

Yes, well...that first part ONLY works if Summit County is populated with a majority of libiots - betas, phaggs, dykes, eco-nazis, code pinkos, hippies...the usual detritis...which judging by the crap listed in the latter statement...Summit County appears to be dominated by trash.

What a joke.

It would be a shame, after the statist check clears and the account is emptied...if an unexpected fire were to engulf this stolen property...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline sfetter

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 08:45:21 AM »
What really scares me about this president is that virtually anyone could purchased property out in the country side and sometime in the future, 1 year, 10 years later, someone says - you are hurting the environment, sorry but we have to take back your land. Could happen anywhere.

What I would like to see is - Patriots coming together and saying - Sorry you are hurting our environment  ::rockets::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 09:57:26 AM »
I can't (and won't!) argue with that! 
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 11:41:23 AM »
it's too bad that these landowners didn't have the same support that cliven bundy had.
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson