Author Topic: Drones in US skies  (Read 561 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Drones in US skies
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 11:37:57 PM »
You think you're in tinfoil hat/black helicopter territory?

Senator Hoeven said on the Senate floor, in support of the amendment:

"We're already flying UAVs in airspace all over the world. Now we need to open the skies for them at home to make our nation more secure, our communities safer and our economy more dynamic, creating jobs and opportunities in our country. If we don't you can be sure other nations will."

I don't believe you are.  I say they're already using them and are now seeking to make 'em legal.

Where's my hat?

::foilhathelicopter::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 06:56:31 AM »
We're going to "safety" and "security" ourselves right into slavery. Between stuff like this, and the recent revelation that Apple's iPhones have been surreptitiously logging their owners' physical location, the police in Michigan doing rapid data dumps of drivers' cell phones during routine traffic stops (without warrants), I think it's reasonable to say we're not becoming a police state, we are a police state.

The Progressive echo chamber includes Google, whose executives are fond of stating that privacy is obsolete. The demand for performance and convenience that drives the development of electronic gadgetry has been fully realized as the perfect vehicle for 24/7 monitoring that it is. The ubiquitous interactive screens described by Orwell in 1984 weren't even as thorough as what we have in our reality.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 11:40:39 AM »
iPhones from Apple, a progressive company...coincidence?

::whatgives::

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.