Author Topic: Huck ticked Beck called him a "progressive"  (Read 2836 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Huck ticked Beck called him a "progressive"
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2011, 12:05:50 PM »
The thing that sealed it for me was the way that he wouldn't leave the field in 2008 when it was obvious to everyone that he could not win. Also obvious was his contempt for Romney and his decision to hang around in order to siphon votes from Romney so that we end up with McCain....

I was suspicious of the guy from the get-go. I'm never sucked in by sickly-sweetness. But my mind was unalterably made up against Huckabee when he ran that commercial using the shelving in the background to create the image of a crucifix behind his head. It was too cynical, too blatant, and I cannot STAND politicians using Christianity as a political tool. There is a difference between wearing ones faith on ones sleeve, and incorporating the words and images of Christianity into a marketing scheme in order to garner votes.

A Christmas greeting, fine. But leave out the tricks. You can just imagine a group of politicos and ad-men sitting around slapping each other on the back for thinking of such a great idea.

I opposed him with everything in me after this ad.

What Really Matters
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2011, 02:29:48 PM »
I hate adds that treat me like I'm stupid and that add does exacly that.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2011, 03:46:38 PM »
I see the GOP "Chum the waters with our own" express is rolling right along....

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2011, 03:55:40 PM »
Well what should we expect him and Slick Willie do have the same hometown! ::mooning::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow