Author Topic: Huck ticked Beck called him a "progressive"  (Read 2835 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Huck ticked Beck called him a "progressive"
« on: April 21, 2011, 03:01:22 PM »
Once more, Beck receiving flak as a sure sign he's over the target.

Huck Rips Glenn Beck: He’s Creating Another “Boogeyman” Hiding in the Closet

Via Huckpac:

This week Glenn Beck has taken to his radio show to attack me as a Progressive, which he has said is the same as a “cancer” and a “Nazi.” What did I do that apparently caused him to link me to a fatal disease and a form of government that murdered millions of innocent Jews? I had the audacity—not of hope—but the audacity to give respect to the efforts of First Lady Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move campaign to address childhood obesity. I’m no fan of her husband’s policies for sure, but I have appreciated her efforts that Beck misrepresented—either out of ignorance or out of a deliberate attempt to distort them to create yet another “boogey man” hiding in the closet that he and only he can see. The First Lady’s approach is about personal responsibility—not the government literally taking candy from a baby’s mouth.

Whoa, whoa!  What?  "Not the government taking"?

First lady Michelle Obama on March 17 challenged the Grocery Manufacturers Association and its member companies to join her in fighting childhood obesity.

After wrapping her arms around the retail giant Wal-Mart and trying to cajole food makers into producing nutrition labels that are easier to understand, Michelle Obama, the first lady and a healthy-eating advocate, has her sights set on a new target: the nation’s restaurants.

"... in a bid to get restaurants to adopt her goals of smaller portions and children’s meals that include healthy offerings like carrots, apple slices and milk instead of French fries and soda, according to White House and industry officials."

In her gentile {sic} and diplomatic way, Obama is openly questioning whether the new labeling system is going to meet “the needs of American consumers.” It’s likely that Mrs. Obama thinks the scheme could fall short because it allows food manufacturers to include a sales pitch on the front of their packages, something that could further confuse already completely befuddled consumers.

While she doesn't presently have the power to pass legislation, this sounds to me a great deal similar to her husband's warning to certain CEO's that he's the only thing standing between them and "the pitchforks".  

Huckabee's been more than happy to climb on the nanny-state bandwagon with regard to your diet, and now he's equally happy to lie about what his fellow-travelers are up to under the cover of praise.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 03:07:18 PM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Huck ticked Beck called him a "progressive"
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 03:28:25 PM »
Never cared much for the Huckster.

And what does he have to gain by getting in a pissing contest with Beck?  And over Michlele Obama?!

I guess Huck doesn't think she has any influence over her hubby...(but why am I thinking of Eva Braun...?)

Methinks he doth protest way too much!

:P

Grow up Huck!

Better yet, shut up and go away!

::mooning::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 03:31:15 PM »

He'll lie about being pro union also.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 03:31:48 PM »
Or about buying into AGW!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 04:36:51 PM »
Or letting scumbags out of jail early so they can murder more people.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

RickZ

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 04:43:03 PM »
And what does he have to gain by getting in a pissing contest with Beck?  And over Michlele Obama?!

The Huckster is still at Fox, while Beck is out.  He can afford to pick a fight with him now.  And, yes, progressivism infects both sides of the political aisle.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 04:49:55 PM »
 Huck must think he's endearing himself to the audience by defending his stupidity by trying to focus people on somebody else. But those days are gone people are on to this nonsense.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 05:16:00 PM »
Another repub that wants to show he can be agreeable with the administration on something--that he's not unreasonable.  I guess he figured this was a safe one--you know we all want to be healthy.

I'm sick of people trying to be reasonable with the other side. Look where that got us.

::rockethrow::

Get right or you're out!
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 10:14:11 PM »
Exactly!

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 10:39:21 PM »
From Pan's link:
It’s likely that Mrs. Obama thinks the scheme could fall short because it allows food manufacturers to include a sales pitch on the front of their packages, something that could further confuse already completely befuddled consumers...

Who the hell do these people think they are, and who the hell do they think WE are? Do they REALLY think that consumers are "befuddled" by "sales pitch"[es] on the front of packages? For God's sake. If these people had their way, groceries would come in a white package with black letters saying "Wheat Cereal" and "Plain Yogurt".

I will not live in the America they envision.

And Mike Huckabee may be a decent man. But he is an enabler of the enemies of liberty. In many ways, his ilk are responsible for the precipice we are on.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 10:44:33 PM »
From Pan's link:
It’s likely that Mrs. Obama thinks the scheme could fall short because it allows food manufacturers to include a sales pitch on the front of their packages, something that could further confuse already completely befuddled consumers...

Who the hell do these people think they are, and who the hell do they think WE are? Do they REALLY think that consumers are "befuddled" by "sales pitch"[es] on the front of packages? For God's sake. If these people had their way, groceries would come in a white package with black letters saying "Wheat Cereal" and "Plain Yogurt".

I will not live in the America they envision.

And Mike Huckabee may be a decent man. But he is an enabler of the enemies of liberty. In many ways, his ilk are responsible for the precipice we are on.

I sick up their vision.  It infects, informs and inhabits my nightmares, gives me headaches, fouls my appetite, robs my joy, and sours my existence.

I require a soldier's goal because I cannot live a quiet civilian life amid such toxins.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 01:16:27 AM »
Huckabee has always been a fraud. People who have been with me here on this forum and others know that I have always had that opinion of him. His "aw shucks" persona never rang true with me. His reaction to GB merely telling the truth about him reveals much.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2011, 01:33:18 AM »
I like Huckleberry as a folksy, kinda guy, on Fox Sundays. Hey, he even plays bass guitar at about a grade school level too!

But President? I don't think so. Let's don't encourage him to be a VP either.  ;D
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2011, 04:22:29 AM »
The thing that sealed it for me was the way that he wouldn't leave the field in 2008 when it was obvious to everyone that he could not win. Also obvious was his contempt for Romney and his decision to hang around in order to siphon votes from Romney so that we end up with McCain.

Now, don't get me wrong (and again, veterans here will remember that), I have no fondness for Romney. I have problems with him on many different levels and on many different issues. BUT...

...anyone would have been better than Senator Amnesty. Mr. ReachAcrossTheAisle.

McCain was our latest version of Dole...that is, "It's my turn and I'm going to use everything within my power to see that I get the nomination even though I am a tragically lame candidate and I couldn't beat a wet bag of dog crap if that was what the Democrats decided to run against me."

So, even though Romney had his issues (and he still does), when compared to McCain he is the obvious choice. Huckabee used everything he had to deny Romney a primary win and the nomination. And it worked. And now we have the worst president in US history (although to be honest, I don't think anyone could have beat Mr. Hopenchangey in 2008. 2012 is, thankfully, a different story now that Toonces has an actual record (no matter how lame it is) of "accomplishments."

So, for me, Huck sucks. And that won't change.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2011, 06:23:22 AM »
Huck's pandering to the First XXL Lady makes me sick. Look, if she was leading by example, then I would cut her some slack. So, Moochelle, until you can slip into that Size Six Strapless Evening Gown, sit down and STFU.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2011, 08:28:38 AM »
The thing that sealed it for me was the way that he wouldn't leave the field in 2008 when it was obvious to everyone that he could not win. Also obvious was his contempt for Romney and his decision to hang around in order to siphon votes from Romney so that we end up with McCain.

Now, don't get me wrong (and again, veterans here will remember that), I have no fondness for Romney. I have problems with him on many different levels and on many different issues. BUT...

McCain was our latest version of Dole...that is, "It's my turn and I'm going to use everything within my power to see that I get the nomination even though I am a tragically lame candidate and I couldn't beat a wet bag of dog crap if that was what the Democrats decided to run against me."

So, even though Romney had his issues (and he still does), when compared to McCain he is the obvious choice. Huckabee used everything he had to deny Romney a primary win and the nomination. And it worked. And now we have the worst president in US history (although to be honest, I don't think anyone could have beat Mr. Hopenchangey in 2008. 2012 is, thankfully, a different story now that Toonces has an actual record (no matter how lame it is) of "accomplishments."

Don't let Giuliani off the hook for thar either. Both  had a deal with McCain for payment at a later date to hang in and burn Romney. Now I'm hearing that Giuliani is out there sniffing around again.

Note to self screw Giuliani.
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2011, 08:44:49 AM »

Don't let Giuliani off the hook for thar either. Both  had a deal with McCain for payment at a later date to hang in and burn Romney. Now I'm hearing that Giuliani is out there sniffing around again.

Note to self screw Giuliani.

And Fred Thompson, introduced by and good friend of McBag, Bill Frist.
Fred also hung on till Florida finished, helping to skew the tally. 

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2011, 08:52:08 AM »
We sure do have a menagerie of fools in this party. I have honest worries about 2012. It's early, yes, but I'm still not seeing much in the GOP offering.

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2011, 09:01:58 AM »
We sure do have a menagerie of fools in this party. I have honest worries about 2012. It's early, yes, but I'm still not seeing much in the GOP offering.

Huck is the one to watch since some owe him a favor from the last election.I expect McCain and Giuliany to come out behind Huck early.
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2011, 09:47:03 AM »

Huck is the one to watch since some owe him a favor from the last election.I expect McCain and Giuliany to come out behind Huck early.

Also Romney,  has spent a lot of time and money campaigning for others since
'08.  Political markers will be called.