Author Topic: Democrat-Media Complex Declares Tea Party "Dead!"  (Read 1050 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Democrat-Media Complex Declares Tea Party "Dead!"
« on: May 22, 2014, 11:49:21 AM »
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/05/the-end-is-near-washington-post-celebrates-tea-partys-last-stand/

OK, I need one of y'all photoshop wizards to alter this for me...

...it should read:

Democrat-Media Complex

Spawned in earnest 1972

Died at the hands of American freedom fighters 2014

May you all be be raped and tortured by Satan and his minions for eternity!

;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Democrat-Media Complex Declares Tea Party "Dead!"
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 12:17:28 PM »
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/05/the-end-is-near-washington-post-celebrates-tea-partys-last-stand/

Hey, as far as I am concerned the Political Tea Party IS dead.  I think quite a few people have turned from pursuing a political solution knowing full well there isn't time or a real possibility of success in righting the ship, and have instead put their limited resources toward other, more attainable  goals. The MSM can declare the Tea Party dead, but they will find its a different story when there are 10 Million+  people  resisting in various ways - from simple non-compliance, to sabotage, to outright assassination of political leaders and federal officers.  Yes, leftists really are so stupid as to think if there is no political resistance and a 10% vote turnout  that  they have won - because you know, no one would resist once the (corrupt and complete sham) vote is taken.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 12:27:17 PM »
What they misinterpret as either a beaten-down, cowed foe, or even more mysteriously as an endorsement of the GOP establishment, is neither. What it is, is a recognition that the political phase is over and done. All that remains now is the official beginning of hostilities, which seems virtually inevitable. The only uncertainties are the exact timing and the nature of the particulars that finally set it off.

I mean look at this, the Tea Party phenomenon was a genuine grass roots phenomenon that legitimately held rallies in the hundreds of thousands, in the 2010 midterms the Tea Party was responsible for a shift in Congressional balance of historic proportions. What did we get for that? A nice establishment dagger lodged neatly between our shoulder blades, that's what. The victory of McConnell in Kentucky? Big deal. The establishment preference in North Carolina? Again, big deal. And let me clarify that's sarcasm. I think if there's any wind out of the Tea Party's sails it's merely the wind that was their naive optimism and hopefulness in our thoroughly debased political process.

There's also an argument, not entirely unfounded, that the establishmentarians were forced to adopt many of the Tea Party's positions to survive their primary challenges. If your Senator is the minority leader in the Senate and mouthing the right platitudes, it's unlikely that he's going to be defeated in an intraparty election.

If the Left thinks this is reason to take victory laps, let them. If they want to make little tombstone graphics talking about "hate", then I am merely reminded of Pandora's frequent quote about "assume everything you say about me is true..." because they're going to find out how right for once they are.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 01:24:33 PM »

There's also an argument, not entirely unfounded, that the establishmentarians were forced to adopt many of the Tea Party's positions to survive their primary challenges. If your Senator is the minority leader in the Senate and mouthing the right platitudes, it's unlikely that he's going to be defeated in an intraparty election.

Yep, but we know its just that- talk.  They SAY one thing and will do another.  Not to mention that the e-GOP is actively cheating  (procedural vote stacking etc)  in some areas to achieve the desired results.  The political process is beyond corrupt, and at all levels.  Expending resources and effort trying to "take back" the GOP is pointless and futile and leaves us with nothing when confronting the Dems in the main election - and that my friends is the POINT AND GOAL of e-GOP opposition.   A third party is the only way this is resolved, and if one forms I will support it.  Trying to get people through the GOP at this point only give the establishment access to them so they can bribe or otherwise get them to play ball with all of the "goodies" the GOP can offer.  And they turn.  We have seen them turn.  Why give them the chance? Why let the GOP have any say in where funding goes and who they will try to get elected? They are as bunch the beast we need to starve as anyone else. The only campaign I am active in is for our local Sheriff, because when this thing comes down, its the only office that is going to matter.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 02:04:37 PM »
Historically, grassroots movements in this country have been short lived.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 02:07:43 PM »
...I mean look at this, the Tea Party phenomenon was a genuine grass roots phenomenon that legitimately held rallies in the hundreds of thousands, in the 2010 midterms the Tea Party was responsible for a shift in Congressional balance of historic proportions. What did we get for that? A nice establishment dagger lodged neatly between our shoulder blades, that's what...

And for all their bluster about the death of the Tea Party over a few long-shot primary losses, this grass roots phenomenon is poised to take hold again, just as it did in 2010.

And what do we get? Promises from John Boehner that amnesty will happen before November.

This is how we know that the GOP is not at all interested in the responsibility that would come with a sweep of congress. They are poised to rout the Leftists again, and they are scrambling to find a way to mitigate their victory, and manage it down to numbers that will avoid true accountability.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 07:30:45 AM »
What it is, is a recognition that the political phase is over and done. All that remains now is the official beginning of hostilities, which seems virtually inevitable. The only uncertainties are the exact timing and the nature of the particulars that finally set it off.

What did we get for that? A nice establishment dagger lodged neatly between our shoulder blades, that's what.

If the Left thinks this is reason to take victory laps, let them. If they want to make little tombstone graphics talking about "hate", then I am merely reminded of Pandora's frequent quote about "assume everything you say about me is true..." because they're going to find out how right for once they are.

Amen!  And let it be soon, while I yet have some strength left with which to be useful to the cause of Liberty!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2014, 08:10:01 AM »
What it is, is a recognition that the political phase is over and done. All that remains now is the official beginning of hostilities, which seems virtually inevitable. The only uncertainties are the exact timing and the nature of the particulars that finally set it off.

What did we get for that? A nice establishment dagger lodged neatly between our shoulder blades, that's what.

Amen!  And let it be soon, while I yet have some strength left with which to be useful to the cause of Liberty!

A good rest and smooth trigger do not require much strength.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson