Author Topic: Culture Watch: White Trash Edition  (Read 45400 times)

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Culture Watch: White Trash Edition
« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2012, 08:28:38 AM »
I'll keep it here as the "adult" is the one that end the end, determines where this story hits.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2012, 05:53:16 AM »
They've earned it.

White trash is white trash, whether in a trailer part, Sugar Daddy Soros's new condo he promised you, or in the French Presidency.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2012, 06:59:49 AM »
They've earned it.

White trash is white trash, whether in a trailer part, Sugar Daddy Soros's new condo he promised you, or in the French Presidency.

Euro trash.

Sounds like the Clinton's without the kids.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2012, 03:20:18 PM »
Judge orders Price woman to cut off daughter's ponytail in court

The mother of a 13-year-old girl says she has filed a formal complaint against a juvenile court judge who told her he'd cut her daughter's sentence if she cut off the girl's ponytail in his courtroom.

... Lopan and a friend endeared themselves to a 3-year-old girl at McDonald's in Price and then used scissors to cut several inches of hair from the little girl's head, according to Price police.

"It was beautiful, it was long, it had natural curl, and now it's cut up to here," said the victim's mother, Mindy Moss, gesturing to her jawline, said the victim's mother, Mindy Moss, gesturing to her jawline.

Lopan blamed the incident on her 11-year-old friend, but the friend told investigators the girls had decided to cut the toddler's hair and didn't have any scissors. They tried to borrow some from McDonald's employees, but when they were turned down, they walked across the street and bought scissors from a dollar store.

"After acquiring the scissors, they returned to McDonald's, where they both took a turn … cutting some of the little girl's hair off the back of her head," Price police officer Robb Radley wrote in his report.

At a May 28 hearing, Lopan entered admissions in the assault case, as well as another case stemming from eight months of phone calls she made to another teen in Colorado that included threats of rape and mutilation, according to an audio recording of the hearing provided to the Deseret News by Bruno.

Johansen called the girl's behavior "egregious." He ordered her to serve 30 days in detention, pay restitution to her victims and serve 276 hours of community service.

Then, he offered Bruno a deal.

"If she was my daughter, I wouldn't want her with the (youth) work crew," the judge said.

"I know, I thought of that," Bruno said.

"I'm going to give you this option: I will cut that by 150 hours if you want to cut her hair right now," Johansen said.

"Me, cut her hair?" Bruno asked.

"Right now," the judge said. "I'll go get a pair of scissors and we'll whack that ponytail off."

So, the mother agreed to cut the daughter's hair -- up to her ponytail --in order to reduce her community service sentence and is now whining about "cruel and unusual punishment" -- while knowing her daughter has, as well, repeatedly threatened another teen with mutilation.

This kid is already a horror.

And where the hell was the 3 year-old's mother while these two little assholes were messing with her baby in MacDonald's??
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2012, 04:12:07 PM »
At first I thought this judge had a screw loose. But upon reading through, I think he's applying common sense. It's a real-world penalty that mildly but concretely punishes both the daughter who assaulted a child and threatened another, and the mother who is not demonstrating an ability to control her child.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #87 on: June 24, 2012, 04:19:36 PM »
At first I thought this judge had a screw loose. But upon reading through, I think he's applying common sense. It's a real-world penalty that mildly but concretely punishes both the daughter who assaulted a child and threatened another, and the mother who is not demonstrating an ability to control her child.

I see common sense as well.  There's no permanent harm inflicted on the girl by having her hair cut, unless we want to whinge over "trauma/loss of self-esteem", which I don't.  "Community service" rarely directly connects the "service" to the "crime" -- this does.

I suspect some mild humiliation while young goes a long way toward embedding certain valuable lessons.

God knows if I'd ever done such a thing, my parents would have cut my hair themselves, killed me, and then brought me back to life so they could kill me again.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #88 on: June 24, 2012, 04:41:37 PM »
..."Community service" rarely directly connects the "service" to the "crime"...

I had to do community service when I was 16 for a petty misdemeanor (illegal fireworks). I was allowed to pick from a list of approved charities. I chose the March of Dimes. I chose them because they had an annual Haunted House for the few weeks preceding Halloween.

For my "punishment" I got to be a different monster every night for a couple weeks in the town Haunted House with a bunch of my friends working there and another bunch hanging out there. It was no punishment at all. To the contrary, it is one of the fonder memories of my youth.

Community service - at least in my case - was a joke, if punishment was the goal. I learned my lesson because I knew right from wrong, not because I was punished.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #89 on: June 24, 2012, 05:07:39 PM »
When I was 13 I was arrested for petty theft. My dad hauled me down to his barber and they gave me a buzzcut. That was the summer that I didn't leave my room for 6 weeks (I would only come out late at night after everyone had gone to bed to eat).

I guess I learned my lesson as I never stole again. Since that incident I've also never let anyone touch my hair either.

The judge in this awkwardly-written narrative offered the defendant's mother a choice so I doubt that her claim will go anywhere.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #90 on: June 24, 2012, 10:57:10 PM »
When I was 13 I was arrested for petty theft. My dad hauled me down to his barber and they gave me a buzzcut. That was the summer that I didn't leave my room for 6 weeks (I would only come out late at night after everyone had gone to bed to eat).

I guess I learned my lesson as I never stole again. Since that incident I've also never let anyone touch my hair either.

The judge in this awkwardly-written narrative offered the defendant's mother a choice so I doubt that her claim will go anywhere.

Yea, it isn't like it was mandated like healthcare.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2012, 02:04:09 PM »
Ahhhhh, community service.

Once, my daughter was extolling the virtues of her new boyfriend. She said "he even does volunteer work down at the library."

"Daughter," I said, "there are only two kinds of people who work at the library: Little old ladies and kids doing community service. What did he do?"
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2012, 02:17:25 PM »
Ahhhhh, community service.

Once, my daughter was extolling the virtues of her new boyfriend. She said "he even does volunteer work down at the library."

"Daughter," I said, "there are only two kinds of people who work at the library: Little old ladies and kids doing community service. What did he do?"
::laughonfloor::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2012, 11:50:02 PM »

http://www.kens5.com/home/169345886.html

HOUSTON--Just sit right back and you’ll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip.

Our captain on this quirky voyage is Joe Stumpf, renowned as the owner of the Captain Kidd, a Kemah tourist attraction that looks like a pirate boat. For thirty years now, he’s been a sailor and for the last twenty, he’s owned charter boats.

But during all his years at sea, he’s never heard a story like what happened to him last week.

"In 30 years of boating, this is my first experience with someone trying to steal a boat," Stumpf said. That’s right, a guy who owns a pirate ship has become a victim of a pirate.

"We’re the pirates," he says. "We’re the ones who are supposed to be doing all the stealing and pillaging and plundering and everything."

But last Friday morning, police say a guy who had apparently been drinking too many margaritas stumbled onto Stumpf’s other boat, the Flying Pearl, and tried to take her out to sea. As pirates go, he was pretty lousy at his job.

"I think he was too drunk to realize really what he was trying to accomplish," Stumpf says.

He managed to take the boat out of its slip, but the sails were locked down so he couldn’t open them.  He called? for help from a woman at the marina, Stumpf says, but he also turned out to be a lousy liar, explaining that he’d just bought the boat so he didn’t know how to extend the sails.?

The woman reportedly became suspicious when he couldn’t say what kind of boat he’d just bought. She called the harbor master who called Seabrook police.

Somehow, he got the boat into the channel, but he didn’t get much further.

"Somewhere along here I was told that, after he couldn’t get the sails out, he jumped in the water and was swimming with the boat, trying to pull the boat out to the channel," Stumpf says.

Seabrook police confirmed they found the thief swimming in the channel, trying to pull the 44-foot, 12-ton sailboat behind him. They spent more than an hour coaxing him out of the water.

Phillip Beach, 26, was arrested and charged with felony theft. In his booking photo, he appears to be wearing a wetsuit.

Stumpf recovered his boat and piloted it back into the Seabrook marina. Inside, he says he found an empty margarita container.

"It never occurred to me before that somebody could just walk in and untie your boat and go," Stumpf says.

Now he’s taking extra precautions. The old pirate is locking his sailboats to their docks.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2012, 07:06:15 AM »
Hey, wasn't some of this in an old John Candy movie?!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2012, 12:53:39 PM »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #96 on: September 25, 2012, 01:42:29 PM »
Metrosexshuals fighting over...uhh...umm...   ::whatgives::

(I can't play the video, could be my work filter...) 

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #97 on: September 25, 2012, 02:04:21 PM »
Metrosexshuals fighting over...uhh...umm...   ::whatgives::

(I can't play the video, could be my work filter...) 

This comment sums it up perfectly.

You call that a brawl? I've seen a couple of 9 year old girls do more damage in a slap fight.

Yes, a couple of guys in suits kind of trying to slap each other over a cab.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #98 on: September 25, 2012, 04:54:03 PM »
I home now and can play it.  The confrontation   ::)  was too easy to predict.

Hilarious.

It looked like "You're a pussy!"  "No, you're a pussy!".

You're both right!

::hysterical::

I think gals are tougher, especially in NYC!

::laughonfloor::

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #99 on: October 01, 2012, 09:18:22 AM »
Chaos Erupts After Protesters Crash Allen West Event: Both Sides Throw Beer, Ice Cubes & a Salt Shaker

Sometimes you just know without looking.  Yes, this story has white leftist trash written all over it.