Author Topic: "Pat-down" of 6 year-old not improper .... say what?  (Read 4119 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Pat-down" of 6 year-old not improper .... say what?
« on: April 21, 2011, 10:38:38 PM »
6 Year Old Girl Groped By TSA

The shock of a video of a Transportation Security Administration screener patting down a 6-year-old child has drawn anger and even a subsequent potential legislative response. But the TSA’s actions were not improper, says Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano.

On Wednesday’s “Morning Joe” on MSNBC, Napolitano described the rationale behind such screening – saying everyone must be screened, because otherwise an exempted group could be exploited for a potential terrorist attack.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/04/20/napolitano-backs-6-year-olds-pat-down-done-professionally-according-to-the-protocols/#ixzz1KDfUzZAY

An "exempted group"?  Would that be the ROPers, the 'muslims who hijacked our planes and flew them into our buildings?  The "exempted group" that is permitted to "pat down" their own be-hijabbed heads, so they're not defiled by the infidel touching them?

Green blasting ::overkill:: doesn't cover the contempt, outrage and hostility I direct at them.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: "Pat-down" of 6 year-old not improper .... say what?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 10:42:40 PM »
I just realized I have not seen a single solitary video on YouTube or anywhere else of a Muslim being groped by the TSA.

Where's the video.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 10:46:29 PM »
AND YOU GAWDAMNED WELL WON'T SEE ONE.

What you will see is a hijabbed TSA goon frisking a nun.  "Google" it.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 10:51:40 PM »

One becomes aware the world is a little off bubble when a homosexual is in authority to pronounce what is and is not proper.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 10:52:39 PM »

One becomes aware the world is a little off bubble when a homosexual is in authority to pronounce what is and is not proper.

No doubt Charles. No doubt.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 12:37:36 PM »
If I were a tsa employee and the boss told me to do this I'd hand in my badge and call him/her a pedofile and probably knock a few of his teeth out.  That is just disgusting!
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 12:50:33 PM »
If I were a tsa employee and the boss told me to do this I'd hand in my badge and call him/her a pedofile and probably knock a few of his teeth out.  That is just disgusting!

I have this fantasy of waiting until the TSA agent is crouched down before me, and planting my knee in his/her teeth the moment the hand touches my penis, all on video cam. I have children and do not wish to spend time in prison, but at the same time, the issue needs to be forced. Make the federal government and its bureaucratic tentacles prosecute in a court of law an Internet hero who responded to sexual molestation with a warning and then reluctantly resorting to self-defense.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 06:22:23 PM »
LINK

First, a TSO began yelling at my child, and demanded she too must sit down and await a full body pat-down. I was prevented from coming any closer, explaining the situation to her, or consoling her in any way. My daughter, who was dressed in tight leggings, a short sleeve shirt and mary jane shoes, had no pockets, no jacket and nothing in her hands. The TSO refused to let my daughter pass through the scanners once more, to see if she too would set off the alarm. It was implied, several times, that my Mother, in their brief two-second embrace, had passed a handgun to my daughter.

My child, who was obviously terrified, had no idea what was going on, and the TSOs involved still made no attempt to explain it to her. When they spoke to her, it was devoid of any sort of compassion, kindness or respect. They told her she had to come to them, alone, and spread her arms and legs. She screamed, ‘No! I don’t want to!’ then did what any frightened young child might, she ran the opposite direction.

That is when a TSO told me they would shut down the entire airport, cancel all flights, if my daughter was not restrained. It was then they declared my daughter a ‘high-security-threat.’

They brought her into a side room to administer a pat-down, I followed. My sweet four-year-old child was shaking and crying uncontrollably, she did not want to stand still and let strangers touch her … A TSO began repeating that in the past she had ‘seen a gun in a teddy bear.’ The TSO seemed utterly convinced my child was concealing a weapon, as if there was no question about it.

Worse still, she was treating my daughter like she understood how dangerous this was, as if my daughter was not only a tool in a terrorist plot, but actually in on it.

The TSO loomed over my daughter, with an angry grimace on her face, and ordered her to stop crying. When my scared child could not do so, two TSOs called for backup saying ‘The suspect is not cooperating.’ The suspect, of course, being a frightened child. They treated my daughter no better than if she had been a terrorist ….

But I’ve saved the best news for last. According to the website Consumerist, the TSA has reviewed the case and determined that its officers “followed proper current screening procedures in conducting a modified pat-down on the child.” Can we expect more of the same in the future? Does the president eat poodle chops?

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 06:35:00 PM »
And yet people still go to the airport, with their children and elders in tow, to submit.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 07:39:37 PM »
And yet people still go to the airport, with their children and elders in tow, to submit.

True enough. I'll be headed to the airport next month - ain't looking forward to it either. But I don't have much choice. I only have so much time and I need to be in Alaska and back home in that amount of time. I can't drive it and accomplish what needs done so I have to fly.

Regardless, the TSA has their tentacles into mass transit of all kinds at this point anyway. Subways, buses, trains and even random VIPER stops along the interstate highway system. Before long we'll have to submit if we wish to walk down to the corner store.  >:(

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 07:48:04 PM »
LINK

First, a TSO began yelling at my child, and demanded she too must sit down and await a full body pat-down. I was prevented from coming any closer, explaining the situation to her, or consoling her in any way. My daughter, who was dressed in tight leggings, a short sleeve shirt and mary jane shoes, had no pockets, no jacket and nothing in her hands. The TSO refused to let my daughter pass through the scanners once more, to see if she too would set off the alarm. It was implied, several times, that my Mother, in their brief two-second embrace, had passed a handgun to my daughter.

My child, who was obviously terrified, had no idea what was going on, and the TSOs involved still made no attempt to explain it to her. When they spoke to her, it was devoid of any sort of compassion, kindness or respect. They told her she had to come to them, alone, and spread her arms and legs. She screamed, ‘No! I don’t want to!’ then did what any frightened young child might, she ran the opposite direction.

That is when a TSO told me they would shut down the entire airport, cancel all flights, if my daughter was not restrained. It was then they declared my daughter a ‘high-security-threat.’

They brought her into a side room to administer a pat-down, I followed. My sweet four-year-old child was shaking and crying uncontrollably, she did not want to stand still and let strangers touch her … A TSO began repeating that in the past she had ‘seen a gun in a teddy bear.’ The TSO seemed utterly convinced my child was concealing a weapon, as if there was no question about it.

Worse still, she was treating my daughter like she understood how dangerous this was, as if my daughter was not only a tool in a terrorist plot, but actually in on it.

The TSO loomed over my daughter, with an angry grimace on her face, and ordered her to stop crying. When my scared child could not do so, two TSOs called for backup saying ‘The suspect is not cooperating.’ The suspect, of course, being a frightened child. They treated my daughter no better than if she had been a terrorist ….

But I’ve saved the best news for last. According to the website Consumerist, the TSA has reviewed the case and determined that its officers “followed proper current screening procedures in conducting a modified pat-down on the child.” Can we expect more of the same in the future? Does the president eat poodle chops?

I would have been arrested if I saw something like this......I'm flying in a few weeks. Im not too keen on being frisked, so if asked, I will decline. I'm simply not going to allow it.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 07:58:18 PM »

True enough. I'll be headed to the airport next month - ain't looking forward to it either. But I don't have much choice. I only have so much time and I need to be in Alaska and back home in that amount of time. I can't drive it and accomplish what needs done so I have to fly.

Regardless, the TSA has their tentacles into mass transit of all kinds at this point anyway. Subways, buses, trains and even random VIPER stops along the interstate highway system. Before long we'll have to submit if we wish to walk down to the corner store.    >:(

I see.  It's spread now, so "resistance is futile", right?

Bet me.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 10:15:17 AM by Pandora »

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 08:03:46 PM »
If that had been my child I'm afraid I would have said shut the airport down.  And would have proceeded to call every media outlet and person I could think of.

They want to make a circus I would have given them one. (I once had a hotel manager threaten to call the police because I complained about the  horrible, nasty room we had.  I looked her square in the eye and said, "Call 'em."  She backed down and ended up comping the room.)

These TSA agents are not bright people!

I flew into NY a few years ago and walked by a group of TSA agents talking.  Honestly, if you took off the uniform and stuck them on a street corner you would avoid walking past them, assuming they were up to no good.

On second thought, keep the uniform and put them back in the airport and assume they ARE up to no good.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 08:28:54 PM »
I see.  It's spread now, so "resistance is futile", right?

@Pan: Futile? No. I was attempting to note the degree to which it has spread. Not trying to say that I was throwing in the towel because of it. I'm a bit more tenacious about that sort of thing.

If that had been my child I'm afraid I would have said shut the airport down.  And would have proceeded to call every media outlet and person I could think of.

@LV: That is exactly my plan. We'll be taking along some video cameras to document stuff just in case. And if something similar happens (because I will be traveling with a 3 year old) the airport will indeed be getting 'locked down' and I'll likely be headed to jail... and a couple days later the nation will be watching it on YouTube.

- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2012, 07:22:14 AM »
I told you, you want to not be groped and hassled?  Get some robes and wrap a damn towel around your noggin'!

This is the sick fvcking world we live in now!

Better get used to it, it shows no signs of letting up!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 10:22:57 AM »
All tyrannies form armies of lesser-tyrants as their enforcers. They cynically take advantage of the sociopaths who exist, to some extent or another, in any society. They grant them the one thing they crave, power over others. In the American tyranny nothing is more capricious than a busybody given a polyester uniform.

I am to the point now where I think it the duty of liberty loving Americans to shun and ridicule anyone who participates, by association, in these outrages. I don't even want to hear "they just need a job like anyone else" excuses. I'll go one further and say that I am very nearly to the point of extending this attitude to all government employees of any kind. I say it is time for the drawing of lines in the sand and let people settle onto the side of their sympathies. I would be embarrassed and ashamed to think that I earned my living from State Almighty.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 10:28:18 AM by Glock32 »
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 10:42:34 AM »
All tyrannies form armies of lesser-tyrants as their enforcers. They cynically take advantage of the sociopaths who exist, to some extent or another, in any society. They grant them the one thing they crave, power over others. In the American tyranny nothing is more capricious than a busybody given a polyester uniform.

I am to the point now where I think it the duty of liberty loving Americans to shun and ridicule anyone who participates, by association, in these outrages. I don't even want to hear "they just need a job like anyone else" excuses. I'll go one further and say that I am very nearly to the point of extending this attitude to all government employees of any kind. I say it is time for the drawing of lines in the sand and let people settle onto the side of their sympathies. I would be embarrassed and ashamed to think that I earned my living from State Almighty.

::clapping::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 11:18:39 AM »
I know that if and when I ever have to make my stand I have to be ready to go it alone.  Hopefully, people like you here at IAL will come to my aid but I'm not relying on that.  I say this only because I know in the past when I've had to be vocal about something (much less risk a confrontation,etc) that I've been told by friends and family to lightened up--even "accused of being dogmatic!"  So I question how much support I'd get when push comes to shove.

Too many of my own family members think the TSA is there to help.  "Oh, they're so kind and nice to me." OR "They never give me any trouble." OR "They're just doing their job to keep us safe."  OR "You don't understand the fourth amendment."

Witnessing what's going on nowadays is like being awake during a heart transplant without drugs.  I get to see and feel it all and I'll still probably end up dead.

Everyone else seems to have blinders on and I'm always the odd one even in little things. When I get off an elevator I move aside aware that someone else may need to get by me.  Someone is struggling to open a door I help them rather than cruise by them towards another door.  I don't leave my cart in the middle of the aisle because I don't want to inconvenience someone else. 

Sometimes I wonder what would it be like to go through life so unaware?  And then there's the benefit of being face-down, room temperature and never knowing what hit them.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 11:39:42 AM »
I like how you express yourself LV!

::thumbsup::

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2012, 12:00:05 PM »
Everyone else seems to have blinders on and I'm always the odd one even in little things. When I get off an elevator I move aside aware that someone else may need to get by me.  Someone is struggling to open a door I help them rather than cruise by them towards another door.  I don't leave my cart in the middle of the aisle because I don't want to inconvenience someone else. 

Common courtesy is something the libs just don't have.  I see it every day on the roads, in the grocery store, even at work.  I like you LV am aware of my surroundings at all times and attempt to not be a hazard or hindrance to anyone as I hope/wish they would do for me.  Common courtesy and respect is something most of the younger generations have not been taught or they just don't care about showing, all the while demanding it from everyone else.
Eschew Obfuscation