Author Topic: Culture Watch: Black Trash Edition  (Read 488593 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Culture Watch: Black Trash Edition
« Reply #300 on: May 01, 2012, 11:40:52 AM »
Need that doo-hickey attachment that lets ya fire 24 rounds of buckshot out the 12g when ferel yoots come fixed on killin' innocent folk in cold blood.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

RickZ

« Reply #301 on: May 01, 2012, 12:46:34 PM »
Yet another black mob attacks white victims, with the attacked downplayed by the police and the local newspaper.  The paper the two worked for, I might add.  Plus the added bonus of a mob of 30 + black yutes attacking two white people is not considered a hate crime.  Only in Owebama's America folks, only in Owebama's America.

(Church and Brambleton is in downtown Norfolk, if one considers Norfolk as having a downtown.  There are low rise projects littered throughout the area, along with some fancy gentrification.  That part of Norfolk was bad when I was in high school.  Now with Owebama and this Trayvon bullsh*t, I can only imagine it's a powderkeg with the fuse already lit.)

http://hamptonroads.com.nyud.net/2012/05/beating-church-and-brambleton

A beating at Church and Brambleton

Wave after wave of young men surged forward to take turns punching and kicking their victim.

The victim's friend, a young woman, tried to pull him back into his car. Attackers came after her, pulling her hair, punching her head and causing a bloody scratch to the surface of her eye. She called 911. A recording told her all lines were busy. She called again. Busy. On her third try, she got through and, hysterical, could scream only their location.

Church and Brambleton. Church and Brambleton. Church and Brambleton.

It happened four blocks from where they work, here at The Virginian-Pilot.

Two weeks have passed since reporters Dave Forster and Marjon Rostami - friends to me and many others at the newspaper - were attacked on a Saturday night as they drove home from a show at the Attucks Theatre. They had stopped at a red light, in a crowd of at least 100 young people walking on the sidewalk. Rostami locked her car door. Someone threw a rock at her window. Forster got out to confront the rock-thrower, and that's when the beating began.

Neither suffered grave injuries, but both were out of work for a week. Forster's torso ached from blows to his ribs, and he retained a thumb-sized bump on his head. Rostami fears to be alone in her home. Forster wishes he'd stayed in the car.

Many stories that begin this way end much worse. Another colleague recently wrote about the final defendant to be sentenced in the beating death of 19-year-old James Robertson in East Ocean View five years ago. In that case, a swarm of gang members attacked Robertson and two friends. Robertson's friends got away and called for help; police arrived to find Robertson's stripped, swollen corpse.

Forster and Rostami's story has not, until today, appeared in this paper. The responding officer coded the incident as a simple assault, despite their assertions that at least 30 people had participated in the attack. A reporter making routine checks of police reports would see "simple assault" and, if the names were unfamiliar, would be unlikely to write about it. In this case, editors hesitated to assign a story about their own employees. Would it seem like the paper treated its employees differently from other crime victims?

More questions loomed.

Forster and Rostami wondered if the officer who answered their call treated all crime victims the same way. When Rostami, who admits she was hysterical, tried to describe what had happened, she says the officer told her to shut up and get in the car. Both said the officer did not record any names of witnesses who stopped to help. Rostami said the officer told them the attackers were "probably juveniles anyway. What are we going to do? Find their parents and tell them?"

The officer pointed to public housing in the area and said large groups of teenagers look for trouble on the weekends. "It's what they do," he told Forster.

Could that be true? Could violent mobs of teens be so commonplace in Norfolk that police and victims have no recourse?

Police spokesman Chris Amos said officers often respond to reports of crowds fighting; sirens are usually enough to disperse the group. On that night, he said, a report of gunfire in a nearby neighborhood prompted the officer to decide getting Forster and Rostami off the street quickly made more sense than remaining at the intersection. The officer gave them his card and told them to call later to file a report.

The next day, Forster searched Twitter for mention of the attack.

One post chilled him.

"I feel for the white man who got beat up at the light," wrote one person.

"I don't," wrote another, indicating laughter. "(do it for trayvon martin)"

Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black teen, died after being shot by a community watch captain with white and Hispanic parents, George Zimmerman, in Florida.

Forster and Rostami, both white, suffered a beating at the hands of a crowd of black teenagers.

Was either case racially motivated? Were Forster and Rostami beaten in some kind of warped, vigilante retribution for a killing 750 miles away, a person none of them knew? Was it just bombast? Is a beating funny, ever?

Here's why their story is in the paper today. We cannot allow such callousness to continue unremarked, from the irrational, senseless teenagers who attacked two people just trying to go home, from the police officer whose conduct may have been typical but certainly seems cold, from the tweeting nitwits who think beating a man in Norfolk will change the death of Trayvon Martin.

How can we change it if we don't know about it? How can we make it better if we look away?

Are we really no better than this?[/size]

Owebama's desired race war is coming, and no one will be surprised.  Can't stop the signal.[/quote]
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 01:10:23 PM by RickZ »

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #302 on: May 01, 2012, 12:49:31 PM »
There have been incidents like this here in Minneapolis too, and it is reported by the local media as "youths", when in reality, it is random, racially-motivated Black-on-White mob violence. It's a comin' alright.

Good to see you, RickZ.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #303 on: May 01, 2012, 02:56:39 PM »
I can confirm that.  In my crappy Ellison-area where I work we get e-mail alerts...problem is sometimes these alerts are a bit late (gosh, I wonder why, could it be race?)!  Last one was to warn us of 10 robberies of persons on the street...10 robberies over several days...

::)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #304 on: May 01, 2012, 03:00:51 PM »
I can confirm that.  In my crappy Ellison-area where I work we get e-mail alerts...problem is sometimes these alerts are a bit late (gosh, I wonder why, could it be race?)!  Last one was to warn us of 10 robberies of persons on the street...10 robberies over several days...

::)
The disturbing things to me are the "flash mobs". If you recall I was at the Mall of America around Christmastime during one of their mobs, and what should have been a peaceful day shopping and enjoying the park was more like a day at the "urban" zoo. Now lately there have been a string of incidents on Nicollet Mall of Black mobs pulling innocent White bicyclers off their bikes and beating them.

Killing will commence, if this continues without real accountability from authorities and media. Law abiding citizens with their backs against the wall threatened by racially-motivated Black-on-White violence will feel they have no choice but to take matters into their own hands.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #305 on: May 01, 2012, 03:34:39 PM »
Killing will commence, if this continues without real accountability from authorities and media. Law abiding citizens with their backs against the wall threatened by racially-motivated Black-on-White violence will feel they have no choice but to take matters into their own hands.

Could be that's the plan; an excuse to impose a crackdown on the wider population; curfews and such.  Sorta like National Zero Tolerance.

In a country where the officials respect its citizens, we would expect to be part of the solution to the violence and lawlessness instead of all treated as criminals.  In a country where there was no TSA ......
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #306 on: May 02, 2012, 07:28:47 AM »
Yeah, and we have all these summer events coming up, culminating in the State Fair.  I know there was some criminality there last year, not on the scale of Milwaukee, but this year could be different.  I know there is controversy about CCW at Fair, but last I heard it is not a posted area, so if I go I am packing.  And the feral beasts better not corner me or mine...they'll lose.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #307 on: May 02, 2012, 07:53:43 AM »
Yeah, and we have all these summer events coming up, culminating in the State Fair.  I know there was some criminality there last year, not on the scale of Milwaukee, but this year could be different.  I know there is controversy about CCW at Fair, but last I heard it is not a posted area, so if I go I am packing.  And the feral beasts better not corner me or mine...they'll lose.

/

Do it for Zimmerman!!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #308 on: May 02, 2012, 08:14:20 AM »

/

Do it for Zimmerman!!

And do it like Zimmerman...... ::rockets::
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #309 on: May 02, 2012, 08:18:43 AM »
The trick to Mall of America is to get there before the trash gets out of bed.  9AM, get a good parking spot, shop Macys, hit anyplace else between 10 and 11ish, then get the bleep out.

As for State Fair?  I seriously don't know if I want to go this year, with feral humanity now totally out of control.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #310 on: May 02, 2012, 09:45:09 AM »
The trick to Mall of America is to get there before the trash gets out of bed.  9AM, get a good parking spot, shop Macys, hit anyplace else between 10 and 11ish, then get the bleep out.

As for State Fair?  I seriously don't know if I want to go this year, with feral humanity now totally out of control.

No offense but isn't that giving in to these asshats?
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #311 on: May 02, 2012, 10:59:15 AM »
I think of it as self preservation.

Common sense says to start avoiding areas where flash mobs of animals are starting to happen.  Downtown, Mall of America after the welfare recipients wake up, ect.

I hate the extreme crowds anyway.

RickZ

« Reply #312 on: May 02, 2012, 11:05:51 AM »
To follow up on that Norfolk article, here's something nobody likes to talk about, from 1989.  The black Greek fraternies were in Virginia Beach for GreekFest weekend and which ended up in a full-blown riot.  Can only imagine what will happen this year when so many black college yutes get together, backed up by the bros from the 'hood, on Labor Day Weekend, which is right before the election.  GreekFest has become an 'institution' (read:  right) that has scared off the end of the season tourists.  For businesses, reduced tourist income plus damage costs from rioting.  Now who can't get behind that?

http://www.wavy.com/generic/news/local_wavy_greekfest_1989_reports_20090902  [Video at link.]

Remembering Greekfest '89

Twenty years ago, the City of Virginia Beach experienced the worst civil disturbance in its history. There was rioting and looting at the Oceanfront that stemmed from a loosely organized event called Greekfest, named for the historically black sororities and fraternities.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #313 on: May 02, 2012, 11:26:01 AM »
The trick to Mall of America is to get there before the trash gets out of bed.  9AM, get a good parking spot, shop Macys, hit anyplace else between 10 and 11ish, then get the bleep out.

As for State Fair?  I seriously don't know if I want to go this year, with feral humanity now totally out of control.

I'll go if I want to go, asshats don't determine where I go, and if their crap goes unanswered, it will only enbolden them more.  Fair has lots and lots of room, hard to get cornered there unless your head is all the way up your butt, much better avenues for escape than in any Mall with limited exits.  I understand the crowd thing, I tend to not like heavy crowds, but that usually only wigs me out when I am in an enclosed area, Fair has lots of open spots and open sky above me.  Typically I like going opening day, less crowded, but I have gone other days as well.

::thumbsup::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #314 on: May 02, 2012, 11:28:57 AM »
To follow up on that Norfolk article, here's something nobody likes to talk about, from 1989.  The black Greek fraternies were in Virginia Beach for GreekFest weekend and which ended up in a full-blown riot.  Can only imagine what will happen this year when so many black college yutes get together, backed up by the bros from the 'hood, on Labor Day Weekend, which is right before the election.  GreekFest has become an 'institution' (read:  right) that has scared off the end of the season tourists.  For businesses, reduced tourist income plus damage costs from rioting.  Now who can't get behind that?

http://www.wavy.com/generic/news/local_wavy_greekfest_1989_reports_20090902  [Video at link.]

Remembering Greekfest '89

Twenty years ago, the City of Virginia Beach experienced the worst civil disturbance in its history. There was rioting and looting at the Oceanfront that stemmed from a loosely organized event called Greekfest, named for the historically black sororities and fraternities.

Was never stationed at Norfolk, but I guess military personnel hang out by coast maybe, don't venture downtown areas much?  I wonder how they've managed to stay out of trouble there?  Where all the cool bars at?

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #315 on: May 02, 2012, 12:15:32 PM »
I was a kid (11-13 years old) when we lived in a suburb of Detroit ( Dearborn, now overrun by muzzies) during the 1967-68 race riots. I remember Telegraph Road, checkpoints both in and out of the city, machine guns, it was scary. I remember the national guard being called in by Romney and Johnson sent in the troops, the break ins, robberies, beatings and death.

There was a lot of blame placed, from police brutiality to no housing for blacks. The truth is, an illegal bar was attempted to be shut down and the blacks went ballistic. Back in '68, as today, no one wanted to face the truth. After the riots, the city elected the most liberal black ( cant think of name), he filled his posts with more lib blacks and Detroit has become the cesspool it is today.

Like a lot of whites, we moved to Tennessee.

Here is some raw footage from that time.

The Detroit Riots, 1968
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

RickZ

« Reply #316 on: May 02, 2012, 12:20:34 PM »
Was never stationed at Norfolk, but I guess military personnel hang out by coast maybe, don't venture downtown areas much?  I wonder how they've managed to stay out of trouble there?  Where all the cool bars at?

The dive bars near the main gate on  Hampton Blvd were closed decades ago.  Now, bars are pretty much strip mall types or A Bennigan's or somesuch.

There are three bases in Norfolk, Little Creek (where intelligence ships park), NAS (plus aviation repair facilities), and NOB, the Naval Operations Base, which has fleet staff as well as warehouses for ships' supply.  At NOB, the carriers dock at the north end, just off Hampton Roads.  Further down are the sub piers (where as a boy scout I was allowed onboard a nuclear missile sub, a boomer).  Depending on the base, Va Beach is a good 20-40 minute drive.  But drive they will.  Healthy young sailors and vacationing girls in bikinis go hand in hand, or better if the sailor gets lucky.

As for trouble, there is some, but the Navy is by no means responsible for all the neo-ghetto crime happening in that whole Tidewater area.  It's not like the bad old days, where the SP patrolled the dive bars (as there were no gin joints back then as liquor by the drink was illegal).  With an all volunteer military, and Norfolk being a major duty station in one's career ladder, the criminal incidents are minimal.  It's those pesky Marines stationed at Camp Elmore that you have to watch out for.  LOL!  There's also the Army, with its prime beachfront property way up at the northern end of Va Beach, Fort Story.  They use that a lot for amphibious warfare, just as the Marines use Little Creek for the same thing.  The city of Va Beach has been itching to get a hold of Fort Story for decades now.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #317 on: May 02, 2012, 12:51:08 PM »
My Mother, sister and I were staying with our Grandmother in Newark, NJ for two weeks in '67.  The riots were just cranking up there at that point.

Memorial Day weekend is (Black) Biker Week in Myrtle Beach, SC.  We picked that weekend one year soon after we got to NC to just go - spur of the moment.  We got a room with little trouble, but the constant noise and manic activity drove us home after two days.  I'm waiting to hear how it goes there this year.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #318 on: May 02, 2012, 01:48:07 PM »
Was never stationed at Norfolk, but I guess military personnel hang out by coast maybe, don't venture downtown areas much?  I wonder how they've managed to stay out of trouble there?  Where all the cool bars at?

The dive bars near the main gate on  Hampton Blvd were closed decades ago.  Now, bars are pretty much strip mall types or A Bennigan's or somesuch.

There are three bases in Norfolk, Little Creek (where intelligence ships park), NAS (plus aviation repair facilities), and NOB, the Naval Operations Base, which has fleet staff as well as warehouses for ships' supply.  At NOB, the carriers dock at the north end, just off Hampton Roads.  Further down are the sub piers (where as a boy scout I was allowed onboard a nuclear missile sub, a boomer).  Depending on the base, Va Beach is a good 20-40 minute drive.  But drive they will.  Healthy young sailors and vacationing girls in bikinis go hand in hand, or better if the sailor gets lucky.

As for trouble, there is some, but the Navy is by no means responsible for all the neo-ghetto crime happening in that whole Tidewater area.  It's not like the bad old days, where the SP patrolled the dive bars (as there were no gin joints back then as liquor by the drink was illegal).  With an all volunteer military, and Norfolk being a major duty station in one's career ladder, the criminal incidents are minimal.  It's those pesky Marines stationed at Camp Elmore that you have to watch out for.  LOL!  There's also the Army, with its prime beachfront property way up at the northern end of Va Beach, Fort Story.  They use that a lot for amphibious warfare, just as the Marines use Little Creek for the same thing.  The city of Va Beach has been itching to get a hold of Fort Story for decades now.

Squids and bikini-clad girls!   ::whoohoo::

;D

I only flew in there as part of a layover from Panama & Jacksonville and don't remember the layout much.  Navy had a silly rule about separating out from your last CONUS posting, so from there they flew my butt to DFW and on to SD!  Longest day of air travel in my life.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #319 on: May 02, 2012, 01:50:07 PM »
My Mother, sister and I were staying with our Grandmother in Newark, NJ for two weeks in '67.  The riots were just cranking up there at that point.

Memorial Day weekend is (Black) Biker Week in Myrtle Beach, SC.  We picked that weekend one year soon after we got to NC to just go - spur of the moment.  We got a room with little trouble, but the constant noise and manic activity drove us home after two days.  I'm waiting to hear how it goes there this year.

Knock on wood, I've managed to steer clear of any riots thusfar.  Plenty of smaller tiff's (one bunch of drunks colliding with another) when I was much younger of course...nothing approaching riot level.