Author Topic: If Poor Stupid Old Thad Cochran Wins...  (Read 4042 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: If Poor Stupid Old Thad Cochran Wins...
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2014, 12:16:29 PM »
Savage spite, I like the description. We're at the point where it's necessary, if we're going to continue playing the political game at all. We have to have some way of exacting consequences on the party mandarins. Swallowing our pride and being good team players when the general election rolls around is how we've done it for decades. When primaries don't go their way, though, where is the quid pro quo? When is the establishment ever a good team player? It's a one way street and it needs to stop.

I find all the victory laps over Cochran's win a bit amusing, but also totally exasperating. Do they really think this is going to translate into a general election victory? Those black Democrats they lured into voting in a GOP primary election are not going to vote for him in the general election. And the natural base of the GOP has been so insulted and alienated that I would count on a significant number of them either staying home or voting for his opponent out of savage spite.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2014, 01:10:41 PM »
'...savage spite'

I think I contracted that...

It's contagious.  I suspect survival demands it some times.

Look, after Cantor got his butt kicked, has the House eGOP taken a lesson?  Yes, they have, but not what was being taught; they've doubled down with McCarthy and the Majority Whip, Steve Scalise, effectively reconstituting the Triumvirate for amnesty; it's what their donors demand, but don't think there isn't an element of spite in it. 
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2014, 01:15:18 PM »
'...savage spite'

I think I contracted that...

It's contagious.  I suspect survival demands it some times.

Look, after Cantor got his butt kicked, has the House eGOP taken a lesson?  Yes, they have, but not what was being taught; they've doubled down with McCarthy and the Majority Whip, Steve Scalise, effectively reconstituting the Triumvirate for amnesty; it's what their donors demand, but don't think there isn't an element of spite in it.

Yup, they're are spitting in our faces...and then they deign outrage over being treated unfairly by us for having the gall of calling them on their behavior...

They are never going to learn...

They are never going to change...

They are incapable of either...

So...savage spite?  Oh hell yeah...they're gonna get a typhoon of it!!!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2014, 02:01:34 PM »
This may prove to be the moment that finally ushers in the demise of the GOP.  Those of us here on this and similar forums have adopted the "GOP will have to be destroyed and sent the way of the Whigs" mindset for a while now, but I have never seen so many newly converted among those who had previously preached the "we have to work within the GOP" mindset. I'm seeing it everywhere in comments and callers to shows. Voters are willing to cede the election to the Democrats if that is the only way to launch a counterattack on the GOP fossils.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2014, 02:53:46 PM »
This may prove to be the moment that finally ushers in the demise of the GOP.  Those of us here on this and similar forums have adopted the "GOP will have to be destroyed and sent the way of the Whigs" mindset for a while now, but I have never seen so many newly converted among those who had previously preached the "we have to work within the GOP" mindset. I'm seeing it everywhere in comments and callers to shows. Voters are willing to cede the election to the Democrats if that is the only way to launch a counterattack on the GOP fossils.

What I'm hearing on talk radio, mostly Levin's show, is "Remember Mississippi".

I'm hoping Cochran loses to the Democrat and I suspect he will because the Blacks that crossed-over are not going to vote for him in the national election.  It would serve him right.  Barbour and family, on the other hand, won't give a royal rat's a$$; they'll just work with the Dem instead.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2014, 08:02:49 AM »
The saga continues...

First - Corruption, vote buying - http://iowntheworld.com/blog/?p=241763

Combined with this fact that most Pubbies voted for the Tea Party guy & calls on the RNC to intervene in Mississippi - http://iowntheworld.com/blog/?p=241778

Equals what?  Well, it's not like the E-GOP is going to do anything about either...Rence is a Establishment guy...and another Establishment silverback wants to emulate the Mississippi Model elsewhere to put down these uppity bastards!

Cue the Darth Vader music as this drooling old fool lurches forward to spew his Manchurian-stewed ravings...

http://iowntheworld.com/blog/?p=241774#more-241774

Effing GOP cannot die fast enough to save the Republic...

ETA -

Somebody with photoshop skills needs to take this pic here and add in a word bubble saying "Go 'Operation Mississippi' on Tea Party Asses" or something to that effect...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 11:35:46 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.