Author Topic: Thomas Sowell - "...we are living in a post-thinking era."  (Read 609 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Thomas Sowell - "...we are living in a post-thinking era."
« on: August 05, 2014, 07:17:21 AM »
http://www.wnd.com/2014/08/is-thinking-now-obsolete/

And we all know where not thinking will always lead to...goosestepping fascism or goosestepping communism!

Liberty or Death!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline whimsicalmamapig

Re: Thomas Sowell - "...we are living in a post-thinking era."
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 09:51:42 AM »
of course, if you aren't thinking about it, "what difference does it make, at this point, anyway?"

I do believe that we could have a total coup d'etat that created a fascist tyrannical government and the majority of americans wouldn't even notice. As long as it didn't close starbucks, interrupt netflix, or slow down the internet stream, they wouldn't even notice the difference in their lives.
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 10:48:15 AM »
of course, if you aren't thinking about it, "what difference does it make, at this point, anyway?"

I do believe that we could have a total coup d'etat that created a fascist tyrannical government and the majority of americans wouldn't even notice. As long as it didn't close starbucks, interrupt netflix, or slow down the internet stream, they wouldn't even notice the difference in their lives.

They will notice when they can't eat , their house is freezing and their breadwinner has been arrested for some petty infraction.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 12:18:03 PM »
I saw this article yesterday.  Sowell has a unique gift for distilling things into pithy observations.  This is a great quote from the article:

In an age when scientists are creating artificial intelligence, too many of our educational institutions seem to be creating artificial stupidity.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 12:38:10 PM »
I saw this article yesterday.  Sowell has a unique gift for distilling things into pithy observations.  This is a great quote from the article:

In an age when scientists are creating artificial intelligence, too many of our educational institutions seem to be creating artificial stupidity.

Yes.  The term for that, coined by Billy Beck, is "enstupidating".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"