Author Topic: Merged Topic: Feguson Mo, Darren Wilson, Michael Brown, Race Riots  (Read 59625 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Ferguson, MO Riots Following Police Shooting
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2014, 06:59:34 PM »
If you haven't navigated to Twitchy yet take a gander at this side splitting comment from Huffpo buffoon
Ryan J. Reilly. Warning: Don't have anything iin your mouth.

http://twitchy.com/2014/08/17/cananyoneconfirm-rubber-bullets-ear-plugs-same-diff-help-confused-huffpo-journo-confirm-more-photos/?utm_source=autotweet&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter

Next time he tries to write anything about guns, he should be met with a barrage of foam earplugs.  Fool.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2014, 07:48:28 PM »
  He needs to go home and hug it out with mom cause he ain't getting no love from anybody else. Pass the Kleenex,sniff sniff
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2014, 10:40:02 PM »
I'd like to see more chill out there until more is known.

Yes, more of this, please.

The lack of real, verified true information on this story is (after over a week, now) a story in and of itself. And because of that people are relying on the rumors, half-truths and lies that are being spread on Twitter. I would love to have an opinion on this story but I can't because of a lack of information.

Oh, sure, I can comment on the militarization-of-the-police angle or the fecklessness of BO (and I did comment on that) but that's about it. There just isn't enough info available to offer an opinion on the shooting.

EDIT: But there is plenty of evidence that Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is a total idiot and Time magazine is a pack of fools for publishing his idiocy...

...unless we want the Ferguson atrocity to also be swallowed and become nothing more than an intestinal irritant to history, we have to address the situation not just as another act of systemic racism, but as what else it is: class warfare.

This fist-shaking of everyone’s racial agenda distracts America from the larger issue that the targets of police overreaction are based less on skin color and more on an even worse Ebola-level affliction: being poor. Of course, to many in America, being a person of color is synonymous with being poor, and being poor is synonymous with being a criminal. Ironically, this misperception is true even among the poor.

And that’s how the status quo wants it.

The U.S. Census Report finds that 50 million Americans are poor. Fifty million voters is a powerful block if they ever organized in an effort to pursue their common economic goals. So, it’s crucial that those in the wealthiest One Percent keep the poor fractured by distracting them with emotional issues like immigration, abortion and gun control so they never stop to wonder how they got so screwed over for so long.

One way to keep these 50 million fractured is through disinformation. PunditFact’s recent scorecard on network news concluded that at Fox and Fox News Channel, 60 percent of claims are false. At NBC and MSNBC, 46 percent of claims were deemed false. That’s the “news,” folks! During the Ferguson riots, Fox News ran a black and white photo of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., with the bold caption: “Forgetting MLK’s Message/Protestors in Missouri Turn to Violence.” Did they run such a caption when either Presidents Bush invaded Iraq: “Forgetting Jesus Christ’s Message/U.S. Forgets to Turn Cheek and Kills Thousands”?

I'm honestly surprised that he didn't have a global warming angle in his little essay (he did manage to mention abortion, gun control and immigration). Otherwise, what a ridiculous attempt to connect dots that have little to do with what has happened in Ferguson. What make it even more absurd is Abdul-Jabbar's notion that he isn't wealthy, that he's down for the struggle with all of the rest of the "poor" folk. Basically, he's a nut. A nut with a famous name who gets to be published because he has a famous name.

EDIT #2: Okay, I can't resist some speculation/deduction on the Ferguson shooting incident. What we know is that a police officer gunned down a yoot in the middle of a street in broad daylight in front of witnesses. We also know that the deceased yoot was a verified criminal who had just minutes before assuming room temperature committed a crime. Either the cop is a moronic racist psychopath who just decided on the spur of the moment to kill a black boy in just about the stupidest way possible OR there was a pretty good reason for him to discharge his service weapon into the "child." I will wait for the outcome of the investigation but I am reasonably sure that the cop didn't spontaneously go psycho rogue. Time will tell.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 12:10:38 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2014, 07:43:09 AM »
At least one of the autopsies is out with evidence that all of the wounds were from the front and none in the back. There goes that meme the "child" was running away. Looks like a new angle will have to be invented. Arlen Spector has sent the "magic bullet" to the coroner's office with instruction "In case of no clue, open box" and issue magic bullet theory."

The 300 LB yoot had all the wounds of one that was charging the leo including four shots to the right arm. I guess he was hoping to stop him before he had to shoot center mass but who knows. Only Officer Wilson knows the  truth about that. NEXT!
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2014, 07:46:36 AM »
I hate all the speculating but we all fall victim to it...

When the facts come out will they really be the facts or just what has been sanitized for public release?

I agree with Glock, Liberty-loving people always take it in the shorts on these events, we get wedged between BigGov police-state statists and Leftist Gun-hating propagandists and race-baiters!

If this was a righteous shoot, then why didn't the police come forward with their proof right away, dashboard cams, whatever?  And don't say because they feared inflaming da CoMunItY because I'll whup some ass!  If there was NO doubt whatsoever this was a clean shoot and the guy pulled a weapon and came at an officer, where is the proof?  The truth is the truth and it should not be feared to be released, if people are going to go apesh*t over the truth they'll go apesh*t over anything, that should not be a hinderence.  Truth be told those most at blame for the latter are the fricken lawyers, everybody has to lawyer up or get bent over, lawyers run the show, they've made everything a federal case, everything else (riots and race-baiting) is just a sideshow, but it all plays into the havoc that is pent up and set for an enormously violent release once the shat hits the big fan!

PS - Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Jr is a big asshole!!!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2014, 09:29:47 AM »
If this was a righteous shoot, then why didn't the police come forward with their proof right away, dashboard cams, whatever?

Because this is the same organization that has totally botched the demonstrations/riots/looting response. The organization is incompetent.

There is a very good chance that the shooting officer was not incompetent and acted correctly given the circumstances. Maybe not but I will wait for the results of the investigation.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2014, 09:39:44 AM »
When the facts come out will they really be the facts or just what has been sanitized for public release?

I would say a lot (maybe most) of the facts have come to light and they don't look good for the yoot.

If this was a righteous shoot, then why didn't the police come forward with their proof right away, dashboard cams, whatever? 

I'm willing to bet the shooting occurred off camera. The dash mounted units face forward and only have about 45* of coverage. That leaves a lot of area unseen. The rest of the "evidence" would be testimony from the officer and witnesses. We know what the officer said, and we also know what the "eyewitnesses" said. Somebody must have been lying. Wonder who?

The truth is the truth and it should not be feared to be released, if people are going to go apesh*t over the truth they'll go apesh*t over anything, that should not be a hinderence.  Truth be told those most at blame for the latter are the fricken lawyers, everybody has to lawyer up or get bent over, lawyers run the show, they've made everything a federal case, everything else (riots and race-baiting) is just a sideshow, but it all plays into the havoc that is pent up and set for an enormously violent release once the shat hits the big fan!

PS - Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Jr is a big asshole!!!

You're intelligent enough to know looters don't care about truth. Dey jus lukin fo a reson ta get sum free chit an ter up chit.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2014, 10:20:35 AM »
I couldn't help fact checking the "fact" the over the hill jock put out there.  About what you'd expect, from low information America.

No, PolitiFact did not show that half of Fox News statements are false.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2014, 11:19:01 AM »
Jesse Jackson booed.  ::hysterical::

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/jesse-jackson-booed-fergusen-rally

According to a Twitter user, Jesse Jackson was booed after he attempted to pass around a donations plate while speaking at a rally in Ferguson, Missouri.

Jesse Jackson getting booed off for asking for donations for church. #Ferguson pic.twitter.com/osEUt54EtE

— zellie (@zellieimani) August 16, 2014

This comes after some were not happy about Al Sharpton’s trip down to Missouri, fearing his involvement would only make things worse.

Maybe folks are finally getting wise to the Justice Brothers? Nah....
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2014, 11:27:05 AM »
Sorry this may sound a tad morbid, but I wonder what the issued service weapon and ammunition are for the Ferguson PD?  A 300 pound "gentle giant" is about as extreme a situation as you're likely to use a handgun for.  Whatever it was, it was effective.

On another note, I think we are rapidly approaching the point where it's going to be pretty much mandatory for officers to have some sort of body or weapon mounted recording device.  Modern technology has made them unobtrusive enough for it to be feasible.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2014, 11:57:48 AM »
The most common round in LE world is .40cal IIRC.

HP technology is way better than what is was a decade ago.

More morbid thoughts...a 300 pound raving lunatic on angel dust would be another case study to compare to...

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2014, 12:40:03 PM »
Here's the preliminary autopsy report of gunshots.  Looks like he took one round through the right eye, so even without the other bullets that one is pretty much instantly fatal.

ETA: a commenter at another article pointed out that the placement and trajectory of these wounds are consistent with someone leaning over and reaching into an automobile (as the officer contends).  The two head wounds are not front to back trajectories.  They are downward, as though the bullet entered from the top of the head and exited at the jaw.  The shot to the right eye exited at the jaw and then re-entered at the collarbone. Also none of the wounds are to his left side.  If further evidence shows gunpowder residue on his clothing, and also in the patrol car, then it will strongly corroborate the officer's version of events.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 12:55:27 PM by Glock32 »
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2014, 01:53:28 PM »
So, if he reached into the car the car to grab the offices weapon...just thinking what I would be doing if in the same situation...I could risk losing control of the gun in the act of drawing and pointing it, right?  I mean if this big giant is as big as they say he could have overpowered the cop and taken his own gun away from him...if we was on him fast enough and the officer wasn't already reaching for, drawing and pointing his gun...which it sounds like he did and which seems to back up the reports of a raging Brown taunting "You ain't gonna shoot me!".  I guess I am confused as to if this guy is advancing could he not been shot in the leg to disable or was he in close and threatening to overpower the cop and so then it was unload on him?  Anyway it seems a degree of response thing that is totally subjective and sans more info there is nothing more to talk about.  Brown is clearly partly at fault here, like the idiot we wandered out of the race track...you go after a cop and taunt and threaten him, can't be too surprised at the outcome.

Still, the overall police response from then through the rioting sucks.

Looks like the Gov is rolling out the National Guard...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-08-18/ferguson-right-now-national-guard-deploying-live-feed

It is hilarious that Holder...after the Feds have given the PoPo buttloads of gear, is aghast that tanks etc are rolling?!  That is rich, what a total cock!

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2014, 01:56:33 PM »
Here's the preliminary autopsy report of gunshots.  Looks like he took one round through the right eye, so even without the other bullets that one is pretty much instantly fatal.

ETA: a commenter at another article pointed out that the placement and trajectory of these wounds are consistent with someone leaning over and reaching into an automobile (as the officer contends).  The two head wounds are not front to back trajectories.  They are downward, as though the bullet entered from the top of the head and exited at the jaw.  The shot to the right eye exited at the jaw and then re-entered at the collarbone. Also none of the wounds are to his left side.  If further evidence shows gunpowder residue on his clothing, and also in the patrol car, then it will strongly corroborate the officer's version of events.

Anyone else notice the sketch above was created tomorrow??
Eschew Obfuscation

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2014, 02:04:28 PM »
It's not a nine, it's a seven with an extra line.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2014, 04:17:29 PM »
Fergusons PoPo don't have dash cams. Not in budget. But they have plenty of military goodies.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2014, 04:52:00 PM »
It's not a nine, it's a seven with an extra line.

Thanks Pan, I guess my old eyes are failing me.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2014, 05:26:50 PM »
Missouri Governor "thunderstuck" by Ferguson police departments military equipment,  even though he helped them get that equipment.    ::thinking::

http://dailysignal.com/2014/08/18/thunderstruck-gov-jay-nixon-implemented-defense-department-excess-equipment-program-missouri/

Of course Governor Nixon is a Democrat,  so he won't be raked over the coals for such a dumb comment. 

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2014, 06:58:57 PM »
I couldn't help fact checking the "fact" the over the hill jock put out there.  About what you'd expect, from low information America.

No, PolitiFact did not show that half of Fox News statements are false.

Just to be accurate...it's "Punditfact" instead of "Politifact."