Author Topic: The Democrats Lose Joe Piscopo  (Read 616 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
The Democrats Lose Joe Piscopo
« on: August 18, 2014, 09:25:42 AM »
Okay, so he isn't an A-list celeb but that's not the point. I take this as more of a sign of the times, that historical and generational Democrats are getting pissed off at their party. Maybe more pissed off than Republicans are at the GOP.

LINK

When I met President Reagan, I felt inspired. I want to feel inspired again. Like Reagan, I think the time has come for me to leave the party I’ve been a member of my entire life — not because I want to leave it, but because it has already left me.

I don’t think I’m ready to become a Republican yet (although despite their lack of solutions, I still find myself rooting for the Republicans in the midterm elections for the first time I can recall).

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: The Democrats Lose Joe Piscopo
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 10:33:23 AM »
Well I think they are losing the white working class voter.  Remember about 2 years ago there was an op-ed in the NY Slimes basically urging the Democrats to forget about this part of their coalition and move on with "the future"?

My parents were the first generation from either of their families to be Republicans.  My grandparents were old school Democrats, and for a long time people just like them were the core constituency of the Democratic Party.  They were socially conservative and pro-American.  There's no way they would see any aspect of themselves reflected in the modern Democratic Party.

Their loss is not necessarily the Republicans' gain, though.  That's not a bad thing.  It may hasten the rise of something new.

ETA:  Here is the NYT editorial -- http://campaignstops.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/11/27/the-future-of-the-obama-coalition
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 10:41:07 AM by Glock32 »
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: The Democrats Lose Joe Piscopo
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 11:53:26 AM »
Well heck...if whitey is still around when they become the minority...better get in the ground floor of the community organizing racket now to stave off the competition, eh?

/

::unknowncomic::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.