Author Topic: A Turning Point? The Ingraham/Alford Interview  (Read 1694 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
A Turning Point? The Ingraham/Alford Interview
« on: May 01, 2011, 03:55:15 PM »
I have looked all over the forum for any posting on this so if someone else has already put this up, I apologize. Anyway, I am going to post it here because if you haven't already listened to this you need to. It's that good.

The Laura Ingraham Show - Black Chamber of Commerce CEO blasts "Marxist," "brownshirt" Obama

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: A Turning Point? The Ingraham/Alford Interview
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 04:24:55 PM »
I heard this a couple days ago. It is awesome. This is the same guy who took Barbara Box-o-Rox to the woodshed for being a racist Leftist scumbag.

Barbara Boxer Plays the Race Card Against a Black Businessman
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 05:02:55 PM »
I don't understand why Laura Ingraham was so  pissy about her guest having the speakerphone on.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 05:04:46 PM »
I do remember Mr. Alford, and from that congressional hearing.  He told Boxer to her face, "I don't like it; it's racial".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 07:01:16 PM »
I don't understand why Laura Ingraham was so  pissy about her guest having the speakerphone on.

I think it messes with the delay on the radio.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 07:23:54 PM »

My guess is that she (or more likely her staff) told him what preparations needed doing, including no speakerphone. Then when she cut to his line and find him on it she got irritated. If you've ever called in to any of these shows they usually go over that stuff in advance.

RickZ

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 07:33:57 PM »

'Great disrespect'?  That comment/attitude of hers is one reason why I'm not a big fan of hers.

/All conservatives march in thought lock-step, though.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 07:53:29 PM »

'Great disrespect'?  That comment/attitude of hers is one reason why I'm not a big fan of hers.

That was out of line. I'd suggest it might have been a hormonally charged emotional reaction, but we're in mixed company.
 ::exitstageleft::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 08:19:24 PM »

That was out of line. I'd suggest it might have been a hormonally charged emotional reaction, but we're in mixed company.

Hey, it happens.  And any woman worth her salt will readily admit it.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2011, 08:22:03 PM »

You better run!! ::stirpot::
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2011, 08:34:50 PM »
Look, I don't dislike Laura Ingraham. The times that I have heard her, she has been informative and entertaining. There was just a bit of a disconnect between host and guest. It's like I asked John F over for a few adult beverages and then start in on him for wearing that stupid Miami Heat jersey of his.

Or sumtin like dat . . .
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2011, 09:22:06 PM »
Look, I don't dislike Laura Ingraham. The times that I have heard her, she has been informative and entertaining. There was just a bit of a disconnect between host and guest. It's like I asked John F over for a few adult beverages and then start in on him for wearing that stupid Miami Heat jersey of his.

Or sumtin like dat . . .

I don't even watch basketball. If I ever wore one of those things it would have had to be a gift from somebody that doesn't know me very well and it would be used to mow the lawn in.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 12:58:01 AM »
Hey, she's sharper than Hannity. What I don't understand is how she guest hosts for O'Reilly and is apparently forced to do his schtick. She's one of the most intelligent interviewers on talk radio. Meaning, she can think on the fly. Hannity can't do that. He has to work off of prepared talking points.

She has a law degree. She clerked for Clarence Thomas. She comes to an interview prepared with questions and follow ups. The only person that I can think of who comes close to her is Hewitt. Limbaugh doesn't do interviews but if he did they would be like Ingraham's.

Yeah, I thought that remark was stupid and not in character and yeah, I might chalk it up to female stuff. But that aside, she is to be feared in an interview.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2011, 01:31:00 AM »
Don't forget that Ingraham is among THE funniest of the conservative talk radio hosts when she gets rolling. I laugh out loud at her humor more often than just about anyone else's.

Here's the thing I don't get about her chastising of Alford. He's clearly a capitalist Black man representing a capitalist Black organization, and that man and organization have now run up against the brick wall of Leftist policy and race politics. He's one of these "newly enlightened" Democrats or apolitical folks that we hear anecdotally are turning against Obama in droves. They're finding themselves on our side, against everything they thought they knew about themselves and politics.

We NEED them. We don't need the GOP to conform to them, but we need them to identify with their conservative values and lead them to understand that a conservative GOP is their natural political home.

So why on earth invite the guy on your radio program and bust his chops about his speaker phone, and tell him it's a great sign of disrespect? Why does she feel the need to put this man in his place? Barbara Boxer tried that, and it didn't work out too well for her.

Why not make a place at the table for this man, and make him feel welcome, and among friends? Why start things off this way?

- Thomas Jefferson