Author Topic: Mississippi Rising: Apocalypse Now?  (Read 801 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Mississippi Rising: Apocalypse Now?
« on: May 02, 2011, 02:15:45 AM »
There is an event coming to the Deep South that is as inevitable, and as imminent in geologic time, and as unpredictable in human time,

and as dangerous to human life and enterprise, as are the Great California Earthquakes. It is as easy to say as it is hard to imagine: the Mississippi River is going to change course, and when it does will reach the sea 65 miles west of New Orleans, at Morgan City.

H/T Insty
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Mississippi Rising: Apocalypse Now?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 07:19:11 AM »
I'm sure all the rain we've been having iup here in Minnie & 'Sconi is going to help this along!

::speechless::

::exitstageleft::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
Re: Mississippi Rising: Apocalypse Now?
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 07:48:37 AM »
We're already long over due for the New Madrid fault to give way. That will change the course of the Mississippi River as it has in the past.

Natural disasters much like installing an ineligible community agitator in the Presidency of the United States will continue just as the Earth will continue to reshape it's landscapes as it has for ions. I can't read into it more than that, however, looking at political events around the globe, I might be inclined to believe something's coming.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.