Author Topic: Bush turns Obama down  (Read 1014 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Bush turns Obama down
« on: May 04, 2011, 07:50:41 AM »
It is wise for Bush not to allow any War on Terror credibility to be used by Obamakov!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obama_bush

In private you know George is pleased his policies led to his capture.  If not for EIT's that led to this courrier, Obamakov would have zip and Bin Laden would still be living comfortably in Pakistan.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Bush turns Obama down
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 07:56:09 AM »
This is one of those moments I wish I was in Bush's head. I wish I knew what he knew, so I could observe what's happening with his knowledge. My gut tells me none of this is exactly what any of us believe it is, and he knows it.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 07:56:32 AM »
To share the stage with him would be to give Stymie a degree of credibility he doesn't deserve .  ::mooning::

RickZ

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 08:01:24 AM »
After all the Bush bashing Obama has done post inauguraton, Bush would be a fool to appear anywhere with the Idiot-in-Chief.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 09:54:07 AM »
Bush continues to do his thing quietly with the troops and 9/11 families--no need to step into the poo puddle with BO
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 10:18:04 AM »
Bush continues to do his thing quietly with the troops and 9/11 families--no need to step into the poo puddle with BO

I think it is something called "class", as in the attribute, not the haughty social distinction so favored by the proglodyte elite!

That kind of class Obama will never attain.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 10:21:06 AM »

I think it is something called "class", as in the attribute, not the haughty social distinction so favored by the proglodyte elite!

That kind of class Obama will never attain.

Yeap, so he'll just gorge on every perk of being president he can get his hands on
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Thresherman

• Likes the place
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 04:02:19 PM »
There are likely several reasons for Bush's decision possibly among them;

1 After watching Obama disrespect Paul Ryan and the SCOTUS, Bush does not want to set himself up for more of the same.

2 Obama is going to politicize the bejeezus out of it and Bush has too much class to be a party to that.

3 Obama is going to embarrass the Office and Bush has too much respect for it to engage in that.