Author Topic: Americans May Come to the Capitol ‘With Pitchforks and Torches,’ Senator Warns  (Read 769 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
As the Obama administration demands another increase in the U.S. debt limit, Americans taxpayers are demanding spending restraint, Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) told the Senate Finance Committee on Wednesday.

“My sense is that the people will come to this Capitol with pitchforks and torches they will be so upset.  And they'd be right to do so,” Hatch said.

Hatch noted that this is the third time the Obama administration has asked Congress to raise the debt limit. And he pointed to polls showing that the American people believe the problem is too much spending, not too little revenue.

“There is no pulling the wool over the eyes of the people on this issue. There is no spinning the people into thinking that our problem is a lack of revenue. And there is no convincing taxpayers that the solution to out-of-control government spending is giving the government more money to spend.”[/quote]
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
As the Obama administration demands another increase in the U.S. debt limit, Americans taxpayers are demanding spending restraint, Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) told the Senate Finance Committee on Wednesday.

“My sense is that the people will come to this Capitol with pitchforks and torches they will be so upset.  And they'd be right to do so,” Hatch said.

Hatch noted that this is the third time the Obama administration has asked Congress to raise the debt limit. And he pointed to polls showing that the American people believe the problem is too much spending, not too little revenue.

“There is no pulling the wool over the eyes of the people on this issue. There is no spinning the people into thinking that our problem is a lack of revenue. And there is no convincing taxpayers that the solution to out-of-control government spending is giving the government more money to spend.”
[/quote]

OK Repub's, hold that line!

From the article -

Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.) agreed that deficit-reduction measures should accompany an increase in the debt ceiling.

Wednesday’s hearing focused on “budget enforcement mechanisms” that would trigger an “automatic response” if certain benchmarks are reached.

Baucus said those automatic responses could include an “across-the board reduction in spending, an increase in revenue (taxes) or a reduction in tax expenditures, or some combination.”

The Finance Committee is hearing testimony on how those automatic triggers might work.

Any fricken language with tax increases in it, automatic or otherwise will not stop the angry mob!!!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

Yesterday, I heard it has been put off till August.  This is a sign the Pubbies are holding and Dems are upping the time to allow them time to chip at work a deal with Boehner.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
But we where told that we would default in March or was it May no it's August...............WTF ::cussing::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow