Author Topic: EPA bureaucrats doing what they do best, this time turning a CO river orange  (Read 3016 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/07/us/colorado-epa-mine-river-spill-irpt/

People downstream should sue their ass...but it will just come out of us all anyway, so...

God forbid anybody have to bright idea of ending this agency...I mean if it saves just one child from harm...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Twenty years ago, a nearby asphalt plant applied for a permit to make concrete as well.  The county commies came out with their "particulate studies", environmental "analyses" and water table reports to protest this purported destruction of their quality of life. What they tried to suppress, unsuccessfully, was a thirty-year-old report of the plant having to shut up the water wells on its property ... because ...
..... the plant didn't pollute its own wells, it was the State inspectors who came to "test" the asphalt and then dumped the chemicals on the ground on site.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Now, let's all imagine for a moment that a private business or individual had made this mistake and flooded the river with heavy metals.  Hell they would probably be facing prison time, and at the very least they would be financially ruined.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Government thugs doing jail time...now there's something you never see...

And I heard the crap is still pouring out of that mine and into the river...

You watch, what government is good at is finding a scapegoat, somebody outside of government would be their #1 and typically only choice...but since everybody but a zombie knows they did this...their only recourse is to find the lowest level functionary to pin the disaster on...you watch, some flunky is going to be singled out as that rarest of items - an incompetent government employee.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
The EPA said it will continue to sample water downstream from the mine until the contamination has passed and it determines there are "no additional concerns for aquatic life or water users."

So, once the "bloom" passes, they'll test the water, find no residual contamination and call it good.  Try to imagine, for one second, that being the outcome in the private sector.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
The EPA said it will continue to sample water downstream from the mine until the contamination has passed and it determines there are "no additional concerns for aquatic life or water users."

So, once the "bloom" passes, they'll test the water, find no residual contamination and call it good.  Try to imagine, for one second, that being the outcome in the private sector.

Easy. Jail time/ death sentence.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
And Yeah, its deliberate

ast Wednesday, a small EPA-supervised work crew inspecting the Gold King mine accidentally knocked a hole in a waste pit, releasing at least three million gallons of acidic liquid laden with toxic heavy metals. (ABC)

This letter to editor, posted below, was published in The Silverton Standard and The Miner local newspaper, authored by a retired geologist, one week before EPA mine spill. The letter detailed verbatim, how EPA officials would foul up the Animas River on purpose in order to secure superfund money. It the Gold King mine was declared a superfund site it would essentially kill future development for the mining industry. The Obama EPA is vehemently opposed to mining and development.

The EPA pushed for nearly 25 years, to apply its Superfund program to the Gold King mine. If a leak occurred the EPA would then receive superfund status. That is exactly what happened.

The EPA today admitted they misjudged the pressure in the gold mine before the spill – just as this editorial predicted.

The letter was included in their print edition on July 30, 2015. The spill occurred one week later.

And he accurately predicts the RATE of the water buildup and the fact that interconnected mine workings will fill ( The owner of the king says the King filled because an interconnected mine ( owned by sunshine something..)  was plugged in this way when it closed in the 90's....)

Its easier to read at gateway - so click the source link..
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 09:18:19 AM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Wow, about the only thing Mr Tyalor was slightly off on...if my math is correct, is the pace at which the EPA engineered this intentional disaster...7 to 120 days collapsed to little more than a day and a half to see the horrific results hit the local streams!

They should be ended as an agency.

But the gutless puking dog Pubbies will never ever fight for it...it doesn't matter one damn bit to them how many lives are ruined, what happens to the people and families...

All ruling class pukes allowing these thugs to run people down...they all got it coming...soon, it is they who will not be able to run or hide...

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Wow, about the only thing Mr Tyalor was slightly off on...if my math is correct, is the pace at which the EPA engineered this intentional disaster...7 to 120 days collapsed to little more than a day and a half to see the horrific results hit the local streams!

But the gutless puking dog Pubbies will never ever fight for it...it doesn't matter one damn bit to them how many lives are ruined, what happens to the people and families...

All ruling class pukes allowing these thugs to run people down...they all got it coming...soon, it is they who will not be able to run or hide...

Well Agenda 21... what better way to drive people out of difficult terrain than poison the watershed? This is probably a pilot program that will be implemented in any watershed they don't want populated.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Well Agenda 21... what better way to drive people out of difficult terrain than poison the watershed? This is probably a pilot program that will be implemented in any watershed they don't want populated.

Fair is fair...don't want the halls of fascist bureaucrats populated...

Offline richb

• Established Member
What will probably happen is this.   If there is still a present company in business today, that is somehow remotely "connected" with whatever company that operated the mine back in the 19th century.  They will go after that present company for "damages", even if those connections aren't really there.

The EPA often goes after electric or gas utilities for damages for property owned by predecessor companies.   Even if that link is pretty thin.  They will get stuck with the bill and the "fine". 

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
What will probably happen is this.   If there is still a present company in business today, that is somehow remotely "connected" with whatever company that operated the mine back in the 19th century.  They will go after that present company for "damages", even if those connections aren't really there.

The EPA often goes after electric or gas utilities for damages for property owned by predecessor companies.   Even if that link is pretty thin.  They will get stuck with the bill and the "fine".

Oh you watch, they will not only try to take fines out of the current "owners"  - they will start fining downstream towns for having polluted water... and then of course claiming they now have jurisdiction..

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
http://www.silvertonstandard.com/news.php?id=847

Just verifyin'

As my bulls**t detector was starting to buzz, just a little.  False signal.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Worth a double-check...

::hat-tip::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
And get a load of this humorous new twist...

The oppressed and displaced indigenous peoples known as the Navajos are calling their Fedcoat betters in the EPA "swindlers"!

Swindlers?  Fedcoats are honest brokers of enlightened thinking out protecting Gaia from hated capitalist imperialists, don't they know that?  Why are these Navajos so unreasonable and so unenlightened?  Do they hate the Earth or what?  Maybe they are racists and refuse to agree to a deal brought to them by Great Black Father because they are used to being effed over by the Great White Father? 

Anyway, this is worth watching...

::popcorn::

ETA - Noble savages vow to rub pooh in EPA's face...so to speak.

Do Navajos take scalps?   :D
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 01:25:40 PM by Libertas »

Offline richb

• Established Member
Months ago, Colorado town begged EPA to leave Gold King Mine alone

http://watchdog.org/233835/epa-disaster/

yet another case of feds "knowing better" then the yokel locals huh......

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Months ago, Colorado town begged EPA to leave Gold King Mine alone

http://watchdog.org/233835/epa-disaster/

yet another case of feds "knowing better" then the yokel locals huh......

It's a larger scale projection of the proglodyte behavioral reaction to being told "No" that is akin to watching a 4 year old go into total meltdown mode.  The proglodyte brain after years of being inundated with proglodyte bullsh*t ceases to function as a normal human brain functions.  This abnormality has many unpleasant manifestations all of which are toxic to intelligent human existence and in short it must be culled from the human race if the human race is to have any viable future.  But back to the topic at hand, this same tantrum reaction is witnessed when the abnormals have school bonds defeated.  Since they are self-deluded into believing only they have the right answers and only they have the courage to do what is necessary for the common good, they reject being rebuffed and merely keep scheduling votes until they get the result the want, because they know most of the people that shoot them down are productive members of society (they call them "suckers") who do not have all the free time to bother going to so many votes.

In a rational society with a functioning representative republic every single person involved in this engineered fiasco would be fired, arrested, tried, convicted and be behind bars...and the agency would be dismantled entirely never to rise again.

Good thing for the proglodytes we do not live in a rational society or a functioning representative republic.

For everybody else it sucks.

But, every turn of the wheel just gets us a bit closer to the Founders Solution.   ;)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
The geologist speaks...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-08-14/geologist-who-predicted-colorado-river-disaster-interviewed-slams-deceptive-epa

...half surprised Team Depends didn't disappear this guy in some unfortunate river accident...maybe that is still in play or they just do the typical personal destruction thing...

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
The geologist speaks...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-08-14/geologist-who-predicted-colorado-river-disaster-interviewed-slams-deceptive-epa

...half surprised Team Depends didn't disappear this guy in some unfortunate river accident...maybe that is still in play or they just do the typical personal destruction thing...

In a normal world that frank and candid analysis would be the kiss of death for about three tiers of bureaucrats. In a normal world that is...

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
The geologist speaks...

In a normal world that frank and candid analysis would be the kiss of death for about three tiers of bureaucrats. In a normal world that is...

Instead, look for promotions and bonuses.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson