Author Topic: I'm Quitting the GOP  (Read 502 times)

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
I'm Quitting the GOP
« on: October 31, 2015, 08:04:37 AM »
Tancredo sounds like he gets it.  Two cheeks of the same a$$, as one elder observer put it.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/10/30/former-congressman-im-quitting-gop/

I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
Re: I'm Quitting the GOP
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 09:56:36 AM »
I read that earlier.
Good read

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: I'm Quitting the GOP
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 08:01:01 AM »
I think I started gagging about four seconds into it (not Tancredo's fault!)...

"I gave the young woman the standard talking points–that Republicans believe in smaller government, individual rights, fiscal responsibility, and free enterprise."

Yeah, right!

And he even mentioned The Butthead!!! 

May worms soon feast upon that  ::cussing::  devils rotting remains!

He does a damn good job recapping all the sins of the E-GOP cabal calling the shots and rightly determines that chaining yourselves to these fools is a death sentence.

If I have one criticism of him it is his willingness to suspend/bend one principle in endorsing Ted Cruz for President.  We've had the eligibility debate ad naseam and don't need to recant it, I have no personal animus towards Ted, I like Ted, he is a lone voice of consistent reason in a place gone mad.  But Tom Tancredo could have scored a near perfect 10 had he put in a caveat about supporting Ted for President.

Damn good article, should be seeing more of the like.  Come on now, there has to be a few more out there with sanity!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.