Author Topic: Moms, ‘Myths’ and Cultural Marxism  (Read 844 times)

charlesoakwood

Moms, ‘Myths’ and Cultural Marxism
« on: May 09, 2011, 09:47:28 AM »

Liberals invariably use the word “myth” to describe any popular belief that they wish to discredit. Thus the liberal speaks of “the myth of the Old West” in order to attack the belief that pioneers, settlers and cowboys were admirably courageous, embodying noble and heroic traits worthy of emulation. Or a liberal may speak of “the myth of American exceptionalism,” seeking to discredit that view that our country’s phenomenal rise — from primitive colonial outpost to global superpower — signifies some unique or world-historic quality to our national character.

Link

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Moms, ‘Myths’ and Cultural Marxism
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 10:06:21 AM »

Liberals invariably use the word “myth” to describe any popular belief that they wish to discredit. Thus the liberal speaks of “the myth of the Old West” in order to attack the belief that pioneers, settlers and cowboys were admirably courageous, embodying noble and heroic traits worthy of emulation. Or a liberal may speak of “the myth of American exceptionalism,” seeking to discredit that view that our country’s phenomenal rise — from primitive colonial outpost to global superpower — signifies some unique or world-historic quality to our national character.

Link

From the same article:

If you are an American over age 50, chances are that your parents were a lot like my parents — Dad fought in World War, went to college on the G.I. Bill, met and married Mom while at school, moved to the city, got a job, built a house in the suburbs, worked two jobs to pay the bills, etc. Our parents saw to it that we attended church, got us involved in Boy Scouts, youth sports and other wholesome activities, fretted over our report cards, and generally did everything within their power to ensure that we had as much of the Good Life as they could afford to provide us.

While it may be that our lives in the small towns and suburbs of America during the 1950s and ’60s did not in every way live up to the sitcom ideal of Ozzie and Harriet, Father Knows Best and Leave It to Beaver, most of us over 50 look back at our childhoods and marvel at just how well our parents did their job as parents. And however much we, as parents ourselves, have striven to avoid what we see as our own parents’ mistakes, few of us can in all honest say that we have done a better job than they did.

This was the world I grew up in as did most of my friends. I lived in a number of states as a kid so I wasn't isolated in the same neighborhood growing up. I remember as kids we'd "talk" about the kid with the mom that worked or the parents that got divorced.  Then the 1970's hit and the the effects of the liberal myth began to wreck havoc on families including my own. 
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline michelleo

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 11:14:19 AM »
The goal is to tear down everything we hold dear. 

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 11:25:12 AM »

Yip. They need a void to fill with their evil.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 11:29:20 AM »
I grew up in the early years of the cultural wars...when teachers still taught according to the "three R's" but saw the introduction of "Health Education" (Sex Ed and later drug awareness once the full toll of the 60's started manifesting themselves)...it's just several orders of magnitude worse now.  Good parents are outgunned and have to constantly fight battles just to have a chance at protecting their children from the worst of it.  

Tearing down indeed...with twisted euphemisms used to help advance it...seemingly benign crap like "it's for the children", "the greater good" or "necessity"...all a load of Marxist BS!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 11:57:01 AM »

And everything that made us what we were.

At what point was feminism ever anything other than Leftism for Ladies?

Feminism was never for anything or anybody; it was, and still is, a leftist attack on marriage and the nuclear family, using women themselves to perform the destruction in the same way Blacks are used, and with the same end result.  The assault continues with the onset of the "civil right" to gay "marriage".

As often as we've noted on this board that words matter, please observe how little the word "Mother" is actually used today; it's a rarity.  Mothers are now reduced to "Moms" (it's "Mawms", usually) and I sincerely believe the diminution of the word is as intentional as the marginalization of the role and function.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 12:04:59 PM »
...As often as we've noted on this board that words matter, please observe how little the word "Mother" is actually used today; it's a rarity.  Mothers are now reduced to "Moms" (it's "Mawms", usually) and I sincerely believe the diminution of the word is as intentional as the marginalization of the role and function.

I've often thought the very same thing about the Black male population's consistent use of the term "female" to describe girls and women. Words do matter, and the consistent use of the biologically correct term - especially by men when speaking about girls and women in regard to relationship - reduces women down their sexually functional potential. They could just as easily be speaking of dogs or hippos.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson