Author Topic: Donald Trump cancels UIC rally amid security concerns  (Read 3617 times)

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Donald Trump cancels UIC rally amid security concerns
« on: March 11, 2016, 09:42:26 PM »
CHICAGO (WLS) --
Donald Trump has canceled his rally at the UIC Pavilion due to safety concerns.

A speaker came out to the podium and made an announcement.

"Mr. Trump just arrived in Chicago and after meeting with law enforcement has determined that for the safety of all the tens of thousands of people that have gathered in and around the arena, tonight's rally will be postponed until another date. Thank you very much for you attendance and please go in peace," he said.

http://abc7chicago.com/politics/donald-trump-cancels-uic-rally/1241331/

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Donald Trump cancels UIC rally amid security concerns
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 09:43:55 PM »
All manner of low-life and sub-humans came together to wage open warfare on rally attendees. This is why I never leave the house unarmed.

Welcome to 1968

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 10:20:56 PM »
Yup.  Don't want no sh*t, don't start no sh*t.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 11:57:21 PM »
Chicago is become more like Detroit every day............

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 05:21:24 AM »
Event cancelled due to TMN:

Too.
Many.
Nigerians.

We'll take this event uppity the road.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 05:54:28 AM »
Rioting will surely make Trump fade away, in his supporters eyes.

Not.

I maintain that Trump's biggest asset is his opposition.  From beta male Republican Poli Sci types to the trash of Obama's half of America.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2016, 07:59:42 AM »
This is unprecedented - in scope at the very least. This was a rally for a political candidate's supporters, not an open-air toilet for the left. But that's exactly what they made it. The idea is that we go to our rallies and you go to yours.

The left declared war on you last night. Whether or not you support Trump, your interests and your personal safety were assaulted - with the promise of more to come.

Last night I became a Trump supporter. I still believe that he is a spoiler and is firmly Trump first and America second but I don't care. I look forward to personally confronting these animals.

You want a war? I'll give you a war.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2016, 09:57:23 AM »
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/03/breaking-chicago-trump-rally-canceled-due-to-security-concerns/

Its from GW so who knows if the image is legit or not. The sentiment is certainly accurate however.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2016, 10:09:40 AM »
Last night I became a Trump supporter.

Michelle said the same thing this morning as the eGOP jumped on the Dem bandwagon of blaming Trump for inciting the disruption.
And I agree 100%  that Trump should be able to have an interrupted rally no matter where he chooses to have it - but he chose to have it there, and counted on the disruption to happen,  because doing so would get him more votes.  The man is very shrewd - a diabolical narcissist - and he is very good at manipulating people.

So Yes, we are all attacked last night, and Trump did the nation  a favor exposing the violence and incivility of the Left in this way,  but make no mistake- he meant to do it to force you to his side.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/03/11/trump-country-so-divided-we-have-to-bring-jobs-back-people-saying-chicago-violence-helps-me-in-polls/

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump stated that the country is “so divided,” people are upset over “what’s been going on for years,” “we have to bring jobs back to this country,” and “experts, say this increases the vote for Trump” during an interview on MSNBC on Friday after cancelling his rally in Chicago.

Unlike FOX news , the eGOP and the Dems, I do not feel Trump bears any "responsibility" for what happened - he was exercising  his constitutional rights, and his supporters were exercising theirs.  Responsibility and Guilt lies solely with those who chose to try and abridge those rights.

With that said, yeah, Trump planned this and it worked splendidly for him.   I really wish I could believe a word he said, because a tactician and strategist  like this fighting for our cause could be very, very effective as President. This event was a beautiful demonstration of the Art of War - of using the enemies weight and idealism to beat them.  Ah well. Outta my hands anyway I guess.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2016, 11:31:17 AM »
What if the choice to have it there was simply because it was the largest venue available?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2016, 12:37:53 PM »
I believe it is pure strategy. The left calls Trump stupid, I don't. He has used leverage his entire life. What I'm counting on, if he is elected, is he will use this leverage to absolutely destroy the left. Destroy. Let's face FACTS. The weak willed middle will eventually follow along. It's why they followed Obama off the cliff and why they will embrace Trump if he gets in.

Cruz, Rubio, they can't do it.....While I like Cruz, he is still a politician, subject to the whims of DC, he will crumble under the pressure.

Plus, I really see no other choice now. I'll take the chance, even if its small, that I will get to fight this battle on somewhat my terms and iF not? We are screwed either way. I know there are those who feel we ( I) have been manipulated into supporting Trump if he gets elected but it's not manipulation. It's the realization that no politician will solve our ills. Trump is doing a masterful job pointing out the obvious.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2016, 01:41:53 PM »
I know there are those who feel we ( I) have been manipulated into supporting Trump if he gets elected but it's not manipulation.
At this point, what difference does it make? You want to support Trump on a hail Mary pass hoping  he is genuine in his intent to destroy the agenda of the left, have at it. It really doesn't matter if anyone was "manipulated" to that point or not. There is nothing to loose really, other than having  to look yourself in the mirror and admit you pulled the lever for Trump if it doesn't work out like you hope.

I think I 'll stay on the Cthulhu (“Why Vote for a Lesser Evil?”) bandwagon.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2016, 02:01:19 PM »
I know there are those who feel we ( I) have been manipulated into supporting Trump if he gets elected but it's not manipulation.
At this point, what difference does it make? You want to support Trump on a hail Mary pass hoping  he is genuine in his intent to destroy the agenda of the left, have at it. It really doesn't matter if anyone was "manipulated" to that point or not. There is nothing to loose really, other than having  to look yourself in the mirror and admit you pulled the lever for Trump if it doesn't work out like you hope.

I think I 'll stay on the Cthulhu (“Why Vote for a Lesser Evil?”) bandwagon.

I think Trump is Cthulhu.

I have no illusions or pretenses. Trump could very possibly be the end of America - but it is my opinion that the America I grew up with is dead and gone anyway. What it has been replaced with is a motley assortment of losers and sniveling a-holes all with their hands out.

Let it burn (not bern!).

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2016, 07:37:03 AM »
All manner of low-life and sub-humans came together to wage open warfare on rally attendees. This is why I never leave the house unarmed.

Welcome to 1968

Yeah I called the idiot Pubbies choice of Cleveland as their convention site 1968 Redux, you see it too.  Anybody who doesn't see this convention being disrupted by the ferals Obama openly admits into the White House is a fool.  Anybody who thinks the progs won't blame this on Trump for showing up at the convention and upon all the racist whites voting for him is an even bigger fool.  It is coming.  They've already called Trump Hitler, and even if by some miracle Cruz gets the nod you think they won't transfer that demonization upon him...upon any of them?

Cleveland is going to be a bloodbath, the progs will see to it by invading it physically and with their legion of propagandists...and all the cheerwhores in the DemonRat party from Dear Leader Obama on down will gleefully join the chorus. 

And the E-GOP will seize this as their chance to sabotage the nominee if it is not their guy...and it is most certainly shaping up not to be their guy...so what they do...or don't do...at the convention is going to torpedo the nominee and ensure Hitlery (if not indicted, and lets face it...the dangling indictment could merely be bait to lure eyes elsewhere and to make people foolishly think her chances are zero...yet she still gathers delegates, especially those most corruptable super-delegates) wins and probably within hours of the pubbie fiasco concluding in Cleveland the Fedcoats announce no indictment of the Bloody Bitch of Benghazi.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.