Author Topic: Wealthy Flee Crime-riddled Gun-free-zone Chicago in droves  (Read 1197 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Wealthy Flee Crime-riddled Gun-free-zone Chicago in droves
« on: April 13, 2016, 08:30:28 AM »
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-04-12/rich-flee-crime-infested-hell-hole-chicago-amid-racial-strife-civil-unrest

Well, if they are libiots, they can go to the next Prog hive and watch it go to sh*t too.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline richb

• Established Member
Re: Wealthy Flee Crime-riddled Gun-free-zone Chicago in droves
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 10:50:04 PM »
probably fleeing more due to the skyrocketing tax rates.   Property and retail taxes about the highest in the nation.  Restaurant meals come with a 10.25% tax rate.  Retail purchases are now 10.25% too.    White Sox and Cubs tickets have 14% tax rate (White Sox  to their credit print on the ticket).   Cook County wants to add a 3% tax to those who resell those tickets as well double dipping on that one.   Gas taxes already double dip too.

Terrible public schools,  broke city, county and state.    No wonder it was down over 200,000 in the 2010 census

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 06:52:41 AM »
Yup, now they can triple everything to make up the difference, everybody knows that always works...

/

::smallestviolin::

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 06:55:12 AM »
Yet when I recently went back for the first time in 30 years, I saw more construction cranes than at any time since I was last in Manila or Hong Kong. 

On the other hand, I read some of NYC's new construction boom is starting to collapse in prices.   ::thinking::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 07:33:05 AM »
New reinforced concrete crackstacks with state-of-the-art 24/7/365 surveillance coverage?

Can't imagine what else it might be...

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 04:01:44 PM »
Yet when I recently went back for the first time in 30 years, I saw more construction cranes than at any time since I was last in Manila or Hong Kong. 

On the other hand, I read some of NYC's new construction boom is starting to collapse in prices.   ::thinking::

Well downtown and some north side neighborhoods are doing fine.   It helps mask the problems,  but they are largely expensive places that few can afford.     

Its the rest of the city,  the majority of it, that is ailing badly.    Even non-white upper and middle classes are leaving in droves,  but many leave Illinois completely leaving for the sun belt or the south.