Author Topic: Either WI SoS Doug La Follette lied like a rug, or .........  (Read 1142 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Did Wisconsin Secretary of State Doug La Follette lie to the Associated Press, the MacIver Institute, the public, or some combination of the three?

After much gnashing of the teeth, a three week impromptu vacation by Wisconsin Senate Democrats, the actual occupation of the State Capitol Building in Madison and endless protests organized by the Democratic Party, their union allies and other liberal interest groups, the bill passed both houses of the Wisconsin legislature and was signed into law by Walker on March 11th. The bill was thertofore to be known as 2011 Wisconsin Act 10.

Walker then requested that La Follette, who by law had 10 business days by which he needed to publish the bill, to do so on Monday, March 14.

On March 14th the Associated Press reported: “La Follette said he heard from many schools, cities and counties urging him to delay enactment of the law as long as possible.”

That day, La Follette announced he would wait the full 10 business days and not publish the Act until March 25th.

During the delay, a liberal Dane County Judge granted a temporary restraining order on the bill’s publication and the legislation has been in legal limbo ever since.

Again, La Follette said he heard from “many” local officials and that’s why he delayed publication of Act 10.

The morning of  March 18th, the MacIver Institute filed an open records request with La Follette’s office for :

“Copies of all correspondence you have received, including, but not limited to, letters, emails, voice mails, records of phone calls, and logs of in-person meetings regarding the subject of changes to Wisconsin’s collective bargaining laws for public employees.

“Included in this request are communications specifically pertaining to SSSB11, SSAB11, and 2011 Wis. Act 10 as well as the issue generally.”

We wanted to know which local officials were among the ‘many’ who contacted the Secretary of State; and, what other individual or groups wrote to him about the subject.

We received our answer on Monday–seven weeks after we made the public records request.

Answer found here.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline radioman

• A Regular
Re: Either WI SoS Doug La Follette lied like a rug, or .........
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 03:36:03 PM »
Why am I not surprised?
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 07:12:19 AM »
Demonrats are liars and liars lie all the time...

...shocking!

(Not really!)

What is more shocking are the number of people who don't care, don't know or are otherwise indifferent to the behavior of proglodyte trash!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 09:46:08 AM »

Hemp?

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 10:38:14 AM »

Hemp?

More like just another run of the mill Marxist piece of garbage, as this chump, along with Gaylord Nelson, started the first official celebration of Lenin's Birthday.

If there's only one thing we've all established about trash like this

They lie.  Always.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 11:32:48 PM »
I wonder if he's one of Soros' "Secretary of State Project" guys.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 06:34:00 AM »
I wonder if he's one of Soros' "Secretary of State Project" guys.

Doesn't appear to be.

http://www.secstateproject.org/results/

But I have no doubt this POS supports their aims!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 06:53:49 AM »
It wasn't under oath but it was public for the public's benefit. Is it an impeachable offense?

Marxist suck plain and simple. ::rockets::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.