Author Topic: Maybe there is something to the globalist/statist lust for war after all?  (Read 1732 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
What do the Russian's see coming that we (general public) don't?

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/russia-building-new-underground-nuclear-command-posts/

Responding the the globalist/statist thirst for war, prudently prepping just in case of whatever or figuring to hunker down after launching a first strike?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
I think the neocons and MIC have been desperate for a bogeyman since the end of the USSR.  They've tried turning Achmed and his band of goat humpers into a substitute, but it's sure ain't like the good old days when we had an opposing superpower.  You mostly fight Achmed with conventional bombs and bullets, and since Achmed doesn't have an air force or navy you don't need elaborate weapon systems.  Anything that can carry a bomb under its wings is fine for use against Achmed; air superiority is a given.  Those simple weapons and delivery systems have two major strikes against them: they're cheap and they're already in the inventory.  How much graft, kickbacks, and quid pro quo can you churn out of A-10s and F-16s and F-18s dropping 500 pound dumb bombs?

Nah, they want Russia firmly back into USSR-level bogeyman status because that will pave the way for 2 or 3 generations of pork and payoffs.  Hell, the elites may have even decided a genuine nuclear war is acceptable, perhaps even desirable!  Historically when elites decide they have a surplus of uppity peasants they have a nice war to get rid of a bunch.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
And they want us to forget about the big Panda sitting on the other side of the room...like it isn't a problem at all, I mean an armed forces that in terms of sheer personnel dwarfs anything most of the rest of the world (certainly the entire West) can match...so killing massive numbers of humans (millions!) is a given...do people think that would happen conventionally?  Pah!  Not enough smart or dumb bombs capable of that...you'd have to go nuclear. 

I think the Chinese are a much bigger threat than Russia, but Russia is easy to be made a boogie man because:

1) We have a history with Russia.  When they were Commies the Left loved them and everybody else saw them as a threat.  Now, they are led by an organized syndicate of crooks, thugs, former Soviet apparatchiks and idealistic opportunists who all share a Russian nationalist view and for some reason the Left sees them as a bigger threat, I guess because Commies with nukes is more comforting to them.

2) Older generations used to disliking the Russians see no reason to argue the point.  Sure, I grew up during and served in the Cold War era, and while this brand of Russia is not necessarily my idea of a close friend (friends don't invade, bomb, kill and steal their neighbors stuff) they are in their present state a much easier foe to manage than the Chinese, but this is a distinction lost on most American's.

3) Obama is threatened by Putin, and not in the way that most American's might think.  It is a perverse obsession with Putin, Obama is dwarfed by him intellectually, physically...sexually.  It is Alpha vs Beta / Testosterone vs Estrogen / Big Ego vs Fragile Narcissist thing at play.  This obsession colors everything this Regime does.  And by appearing tough on Russia (which on it's face is hilarious, actions speak...and nothing has been acted upon) Obama is able to deflect Sheeple from his inadequacies as a leader and a man.

4) Russia gave the globalists a big assist by invading Ukraine and seizing territory.  I bet in war rooms, board rooms and Congressional and Executive offices champagne corks were let loose in celebration.  What has China done?  Built up a few mounds of sand in the Sprately's, big whup!  Russia is an easier sell to make than China, period.

But China is going to be a bigger deal.  The Navy makes a point of projecting power, and sure being a veteran of the aviation wing who doesn't like a big sexy carrier to project that power?  But a successful strategy vs the Chinese needs more than carriers and planes and arms...it requires a huge increase in the raw numbers of all types of ships and sealift/airlift capacity...and a hell of a lot more attack subs...if you want to meet the threat conventionally.  Definitely a war worthy of filing contractor pockets full of cash, but a hard sell for the public...why do we need a 1,000 ship fleet and more divisions of Marine's and a buttload more of efficient fighters and bombers to confront somebody who appears to be only making sandcastles in the Pacific when there is this hungry bear over here gobbling up stuff we see? 

Seems like we are spoiling for a fight with Russia and prepared only to nuke or surrender to China.

Pretty effed up all around if you ask me!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 12:05:50 PM by Libertas »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Maybe there is something to the globalist/statist lust for war after all?
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2019, 08:03:11 AM »
More proof China is a bigger threat than Russia...so far Russian carriers (domestic or sold off to other dupes) continue to not fare very well...

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/russias-only-aircraft-carrier-admiral-kuznetsov-has-erupted-flames

...pretty much the opposite of battle ready that is!

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2019, 08:42:47 PM »

I was a typical conservative pro military very anti communist guy. Then the USSR fell apart and the Russians withdrew their troops East. I thought great, the cold war is over, we won, let's go home or least draw down forces as a responding show of good faith.

Instead NATO (mostly US) moved East and enlisted more countries in NATO. i smelled a rat ever since. IMO it is American aggression. Russia threw their hammer and sickle flags in the trash, along with posters of Lenin and Stalin. They teach Christianity in their public schools.

The US anti Russia hysteria is unbelievable. Russia wanted to be buddies with the EU and the US but all they get are sanctions. So the chose China as a poor second choice.

Maybe the US meant well in Iraq but we made things worse. We ruined Libya and tried to ruin Syria. DC is still butt hurt that Assad is in charge instead of AQ or ISIS.

There is a lot of money to be made from war. The US pumped $5 billion into Ukraine to disrupt the government. How much stayed in DC or went back to DC?  The US, EU, and IMF pumped $45 billion into Ukraine (I read) and turned it into something else. How much went missing?

Eternal war is their goal. I just read The Management of Savagery by Max Blumenthal so I am beyond cynical.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2019, 10:09:05 PM »
... Maybe the US meant well in Iraq but we made things worse. We ruined Libya and tried to ruin Syria. DC is still butt hurt that Assad is in charge instead of AQ or ISIS.

In the spirit of your post, WE did no such thing; WE weren't consulted.  The Perfumed Princes and their Industrial/Military Complex compadres did what you stated there.  Capisce?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2019, 08:08:44 PM »
... Maybe the US meant well in Iraq but we made things worse. We ruined Libya and tried to ruin Syria. DC is still butt hurt that Assad is in charge instead of AQ or ISIS.

In the spirit of your post, WE did no such thing; WE weren't consulted.  The Perfumed Princes and their Industrial/Military Complex compadres did what you stated there.  Capisce?

Point well taken.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2019, 08:22:01 PM »
I posted about the book The Management of Savagery by Max Blumenthal.
https://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,17541.msg182333/topicseen.html#msg182333

It is partly about endless war.  I am still pissed after reading it.

A related video is RT  about the Management of Savagery. 1 month ago.
The Syrian gas hoaxes show the  lengths govts and the press will go to.
https://youtu.be/JFJfshKfRSg

Older video
https://youtu.be/QPoLZcLIK40

Also the Duran talks about the fake Syrian gas attacks in Syria.
https://youtu.be/G5lND2WV-tI

https://youtu.be/aq1HfkWf1iU
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 08:33:11 PM by patentlymn »