Author Topic: Paul Ryan's office hits back at Newt over Medicare comments  (Read 1286 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Late yesterday Rep. Paul Ryan, the author of the Republican bill that overwhelmingly passed Congress 235-193, responded to Newt’s attacks.

Conor Sweeney, Rep. Paul Ryan’s spokesman, tells National Review Online that he is not worried about Newt Gingrich’s comments on Meet the Press. Ryan’s budget, he says, “remains the only serious proposal put forward on either end on Pennsylvania Avenue that saves Medicare.”

“The solutions offered by Chairman Ryan and advanced by House Republicans make no changes to Medicare for those in and near retirement, while offering a strengthened, personalized program that future generations can count on when they retire,” Sweeney says. “Far from claims of radicalism, the gradual, common-sense Medicare reforms ensure that no senior will be forced to reorganize their lives because of government’s mistakes. The most ‘radical’ course of action on Medicare is continue to cling to the unsustainable status quo.”
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Paul Ryan's office hits back at Newt over Medicare comments
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 07:36:35 AM »
Unsustainable Medicare, strike
Gasohol, strike
Global Warming, strike

How many strikes was that again?   ::thinking::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 07:45:49 AM »
Just another reason why I really need to see gNewt disapear off the political radar as fast as possible...he is by far the leading Ruling Class sock-puppet of the moment (until Daniels makes a decision) and I want him pummelled out of the race!

Kudos to Ryan for firing back at this asshat!  I like him in the House, but if he runs for the Senate in WI I will support him 100%!

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 08:21:06 AM »
I'll support Ryan more if he runs in Minnesota!   ::hysterical::

http://www.google.com/search?q=Minnesota+congressman+Paul+Ryan+says+he+might+decide&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&ie=utf8&oe=utf8

Major J-Tard fail.

Yeah, heard that one on the radio this morning.

More proof that J-tard's are little better than talking monkeys...take anything prepared by a staffer or more often than not, just straight off the AP bias-wire and spew it word for word...

Monkeys...

::)

Little wonder they fail so often!

:P

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 12:09:15 PM »

On Monday's edition of Laura Ingraham's nationally syndicated radio show, Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) responded to Newt Gingrich's criticism of his Medicare plan, telling guest host Raymond Arroyo "with allies like that, who needs the left?"

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/05/16/paul_ryan_slams_gingrich_with_allies_like_that_who_needs_the_left.html

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 12:49:56 PM »

On Monday's edition of Laura Ingraham's nationally syndicated radio show, Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) responded to Newt Gingrich's criticism of his Medicare plan, telling guest host Raymond Arroyo "with allies like that, who needs the left?"

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/05/16/paul_ryan_slams_gingrich_with_allies_like_that_who_needs_the_left.html

Yeap, heard that when he was on another show today.

He also says he's not interested in president--more likely will consider running for senate
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 01:51:15 PM »
He needs to stay where he is unless the Minnesota Wisconsin Republican Party is so bereft of talent that he is the only one who can win. Ryan needs to stay where he is. I don't know who would replace him if he leaves but it's hard to believe that the House would end up with someone as good or better in that leadership position.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 03:40:22 PM »
I agree, we need him right where he is at now. There is none better to replace him, if he moved to another chair on the deck of the titanic.
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 04:46:50 PM »
That's cool.  If Bachmann runs for Prez, the House will need Ryan more than ever.  Hopefully a solid candidate can be found to run for Senate in WI, presents another plum chance to pick a seat away from the DemonRats!

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 05:15:05 PM »
Another RINO jerkoff?

NO!  HELL NO!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 05:22:33 PM »
 ::barf::