Author Topic: Culture Watch: Misogynist Talk Show Host Edition  (Read 1435 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Culture Watch: Misogynist Talk Show Host Edition
« on: May 25, 2011, 11:19:46 PM »
Damn, I didn't even know this had happened until after the dust had settled. But it apparently is over and in a way that, based on other similar situations, I would never have guessed.

It seems that MSNBC has this guy, Ed Schultz, who has a show. He actually has two shows, a tv and radio show. Who knew? Anyway, he used his radio show to call Laura Ingraham a "right wing slut."

I don't know the full story but for reasons not yet known (to me) this Schultz guy actually apologized for it. I mean that he really apologized. Said he was sorry. Asked for forgiveness.

"On my radio show yesterday, I used vile and inappropriate language when talking about talk show host Laura Ingraham. I am deeply sorry, and I apologize...
"

The cynic in me believes that this was forced on him by someone with the power to make him unemployed. But who knows? I am so used to this kind of left wing media depravity that I honestly don't know why this very long apology ever saw the light of day.

Here is the link to the RCP story with accompanying video.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 11:24:50 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Re: Culture Watch: Misogynist Talk Show Host Edition
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 11:22:56 PM »
And just to add a little more info to the mix, here is the link to Laura Ingraham's Facebook page where she commented on the Schultz insult (before his apology) earlier today.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 11:27:50 PM »
Okay, here's the RCP post from earlier today documenting Schultz's on air radio performance.

"And what do the Republicans thinking about? They're not thinking about their next-door neighbor. They're just thinking about how much this is going to cost. President Obama is going to be visiting Joplin, Mo., on Sunday but you know what they're talking about, like this right-wing slut, what's her name?, Laura Ingraham? Yeah, she's a talk slut,"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 11:32:22 PM »
So I guess what I personally find so unusual about this apology is that I don't have to put quotation marks around the word thereby indicating that it wasn't really an apology.

What is so unusual is that he didn't use the time-tested "apology" of the left that starts with the words, "If I have offended..."

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 11:33:37 PM »

He's the bully bar drunk that never leaves.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 11:35:31 PM »
Is he related to Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the new chairman of the DNC? Or is it just coincidental that they are both obnoxious libs with the same last name who are both on tv a lot?

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 11:38:16 PM »
Oh, and this has already been posted at HotAir.

They have a link to the statement released by MSNBC.

AP makes the obvious comparison to Olbermann's misogynism.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 11:43:01 PM by trapeze »

charlesoakwood

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 11:52:56 PM »

You're correct, they were about to drop kick him out of there.
It will be interesting whether they renew his contract.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 12:12:50 AM »
These people don't consider conservatives to be human beings worthy of even a base level of respect. The feeling is mutual, and alas, we are at an impasse.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 12:20:38 AM »
Are apologies ever good enough for anyone else? Did an apology save Imus' job?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

RickZ

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 04:03:28 AM »
The new owners of MSLSD are not amused.  They want to make money, not alienate 99% of American cable news viewers.

Sgt. Schultz is a lefty blowhard dipwad ('distinctions without a difference' much?) who thinks his lefteous pearls before us flyover country imbecilic moron swine will make us see the light and not kill grandma's social security.  In the immortal words of Kos:  Screw him!  Hope he joins Bathtub Boy out in the media boondocks on Current TV.

Oh, and the only thing sincere about this @sshole's apology was the unspoken begging to keep his contract.  Another rich lefty pleading on somewhat bended knee to keep the cash cow gig going.  Can't be a good self-respecting progressive if you're not rich enough to live in gated communites away from the cootie-covered hoi polloi you seek to destroy.  They might be contagious.  I'm sure after this faux apology, it was a four bottle Maalox night for ol' Ed.  I'm sure his harpy wife berating him about possibly losing their 'cut the line free card' to get into the best restaurants didn't help matters any.  When a self-aggrandizing MSLSD host can no longer squeal, 'Don't you know who I am?' and have a reasonable expectation of recognition, well, the world is truly coming to an end.  And it's all Bush's fault.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2011, 04:22:30 AM »
So I guess what I personally find so unusual about this apology is that I don't have to put quotation marks around the word thereby indicating that it wasn't really an apology.

What is so unusual is that he didn't use the time-tested "apology" of the left that starts with the words, "If I have offended..."

Ed Schitz is the most boorish of the loudmouthed boors on MSNBC . He's a serial offender and his apology , in this case , is only good until his next offense which will be in a week or so ( the approximate time of his temporary exile ) . The guy is strictly bad news and even the liberals I know roll their eyes when his name comes up .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2011, 07:12:29 AM »
Frankly, he is your typical leftist trash, I'd keep him on, he does more to harm his own side than anybody we have in political leadership on our end!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2011, 07:46:09 AM »
What is it about the leftist mentality that is always calling for double standards?  When a Kennedy sticks his d**k into anything that moved is he called a "slut?"  Even a nominal Republican like Ahnold...slut?  No.

I guess it's the same kind of mentality that can excuse serial molestation, rape, and even murder when Democrat males commit the act.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2011, 09:45:38 AM »
This guy spews bile from his mouth constantly. The hatred is ALWAYS palpable. His rhetoric is ALWAYS this offensive. He ALWAYS uses derogatory slurs and gutter language. It is not just what he does, it is who he is.

We're expected to believe that after his long recorded history of verbal diarrhea, only now - when he uses the word "slut" (gasp!) - only now he is contrite?

Gimme a frakkin break Ed. I'll believe you're sorry when I witness a semi tire slowly rolling over your fat head.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson