Author Topic: ATF’s Fast & Furious- Obama’s ‘Weaponsgate’?  (Read 104244 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: ATF’s Fast & Furious- Obama’s ‘Weaponsgate’?
« Reply #260 on: October 19, 2011, 07:24:49 AM »
This is truly too much to take!

Perhaps in an effort to do some damage control, President Obama has agreed to an interview with ABC’s Jack Tapper, reportedly telling the newsman that the “people who have screwed up will be held accountable.” He also allegedly went on to say that whoever gave the green light for the Operation would be held responsible.

“It’s very upsetting to me to think that somebody showed such bad judgment that they would allow something like that to happen,” he said. “And we will find out who and what happened in this situation and make sure it gets corrected.”

“I have complete confidence in him, and I’ve got complete confidence in the process to figure out who, in fact, was responsible for that decision and how it got made.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/obama-vows-to-hold-those-responsible-for-fast-and-furious-accountable/

What a load of crap!  If this lying sack of excrement was accountable he would fire Holder and allow him to be prosecuted and convicted without any chance at a pardon, and then this idiot would resign because he apparently know more about the operation than his POS Attorney General!

I want them both in fricken chains!  Anything less is a gross miscarriage of justice!

::gaah::   ::outrage::   ::angry::   ::cussing::   ::rockets::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #261 on: October 19, 2011, 09:07:14 AM »
He also allegedly went on to say that whoever gave the green light for the Operation would be held responsible.

Wonder if that include Hillary?
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #262 on: October 19, 2011, 10:35:24 AM »

He's working deligently to assure the "right" ones are apprehended in order to secure his innocence.

Yeah, that's it.  "I know nothing".

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #263 on: October 19, 2011, 11:02:36 AM »
"Considering how silent the White House has been up to this point, this recent decision to sit down for an interview on the subject certainly does mark a new attitude towards the scandal."

Translation: The most transparent presidency ever have met secretly (obama, holder and hillary) and identified thier scapegoats.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #264 on: October 19, 2011, 05:52:37 PM »
We have to get rid of this Marxist looser sooner rather than later.
 ::mooning:: ::rockets:: ::evilbat:: ::cussing::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #265 on: October 21, 2011, 09:10:09 AM »
Will “Fast and Furious” Topple Obama and Holder?

Thursday, 20 October 2011 18:09 Roger Aronoff    

"As much as the media have tried shielding the Obama administration from responsibility for corruption and malfeasance, the combined weight of the fallout from the Solyndra fiasco and the Operation Fast and Furious scandal have begun taking a serious toll on the administration. I will address Solyndra, the so called green energy company that received federal loans of more than a half a billion dollars, and then went bankrupt, in an upcoming report.

That is starting to look like the tip of an iceberg of a political payoff scandal. But with subpoenas having been issued on October 13th in the Fast and Furious scandal to Attorney General Eric Holder and a total of 16 Justice Department officials, a variant of the famous Watergate question is being asked: “What did Eric Holder and President Obama know, and when did they know it?”

http://www.rightsidenews.com/2011102014765/editorial/us-opinion-and-editorial/will-fast-and-furious-topple-obama-and-holder.html?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #266 on: November 01, 2011, 02:04:40 PM »
   Documents just released this afternoon show the head of the Justice Department’s criminal division, Lanny A. Breuer, learned about the tactic of ATF gunwalking as early as April of last year.

In a memo, Breuer’s deputy wrote him that, in a case called “Wide Receiver” started under the Bush Administration, “ATF let a bunch of guns walk” in an effort to catch the big fish of Mexican drug cartels and said the gunwalking case could be “embarrassing” to ATF.

Today, Breuer issued a statement saying he “regrets” that he didn’t alert others in Justice Department leadership, apparently including his boss Attorney General Eric Holder.

In a separate ATF case reported by CBS News earlier this year, called “Fast and Furious” and started under the Obama Administration, Breuer says he likewise regrets not alerting leaders about the similarities in the cases. That, said Breuer, was a mistake.

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/01/breuer-becoming-the-fast-furious-fall-guy/

Do you believe this crap?  They're STILL trying to tie Bush and Wide Receiver to this F&F piece of treason.  Breuer as firewall is not going to work.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #267 on: November 01, 2011, 02:17:14 PM »
Breuer as firewall is not going to work.

After seeing all of the garbage that the progressives have gotten away with over the last 100 years or so - I certainly hope you're right; that this won't work and that it will eventually lead right to Holder and Obama's front doors. But color me a skeptic I guess...because the lengthy and sordid history of what progressives have already gotten away with at the expense of the people of this country (in terms of lives lost, freedoms lost and money lost) doesn't instill much confidence in me that they will finally pay for something horrible that they've done.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #268 on: November 01, 2011, 02:29:17 PM »
Breuer as firewall is not going to work.

After seeing all of the garbage that the progressives have gotten away with over the last 100 years or so - I certainly hope you're right; that this won't work and that it will eventually lead right to Holder and Obama's front doors. But color me a skeptic I guess...because the lengthy and sordid history of what progressives have already gotten away with at the expense of the people of this country (in terms of lives lost, freedoms lost and money lost) doesn't instill much confidence in me that they will finally pay for something horrible that they've done.

Breuer as firewall is not going to work because the WH knew in late September ... of 2010 --

Breuer appears ready to argue that the knowledge of gunwalking only went as high as his desk, and that Breuer never told Holder about the effort. That’s going to be difficult to believe, especially since we already know that the White House got extensively briefed on the matter directly from the Phoenix office.  Are we to believe that Breuer didn’t get asked about this from above, or that the White House wouldn’t have asked Holder about an operation conducted in his own fiefdom?  It seems unlikely that the buck stopped at Breuer’s desk, especially given the international implications of gunwalking across the border.

Link

The link to this story was contained in the HotAir piece I linked just before.

I'm not saying they're not going to skate away from this, just not by this tactic.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #269 on: November 01, 2011, 06:34:46 PM »
Oh, I hear ya Pan...it's just that I'm reminded of stained little blue dresses and what the definition of 'is' is, etc. The progressives have managed to worm their way out of other such situations. Guess I'm just being cynical again.  ;D
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

charlesoakwood

« Reply #270 on: November 01, 2011, 08:13:17 PM »

Issa'smen better be beating every bush on this continent.
It's out there, Bama's baby blue dress, they better find it
and use it.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #271 on: November 01, 2011, 08:36:06 PM »
They think they are above the law and beyond reproach.

Time to cut these sonsofbitches down to size.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #272 on: November 02, 2011, 11:14:17 AM »

Downstream BATF and related are faster becoming furious. 
There are flurries of comments; what about our people in
Mexico, they ride in armored cars and their wives cannot
leave the house?
; and What about Brian Terry?; They don't
give a damn
. There are too many honest persons put in
jeopardy by this scheme, evidence will be forthcoming.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #273 on: November 02, 2011, 11:47:46 AM »
Where are the comments being made?

charlesoakwood

« Reply #274 on: November 02, 2011, 12:22:44 PM »

Fox.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #275 on: November 02, 2011, 12:27:53 PM »
Thanx.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #276 on: November 02, 2011, 12:40:43 PM »
It would appear the the DOJ's response has been  "Slow and Spurious" !

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero

charlesoakwood

« Reply #278 on: November 02, 2011, 01:24:53 PM »

This means that the Arms Export Control Act was more
than likely violated, and strongly suggests that the administration
committed thousands of felony violations of the act in addition to
the other laws that may have been broken.

IIRC what they did is an act of war. Regardless whether this was an
act of war or not the silence coming from Mexico is deafening.
If this was some human rights offense they would be squealing to
high heaven.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #279 on: November 02, 2011, 01:36:24 PM »

This means that the Arms Export Control Act was more
than likely violated, and strongly suggests that the administration
committed thousands of felony violations of the act in addition to
the other laws that may have been broken.

IIRC what they did is an act of war. Regardless whether this was an
act of war or not the silence coming from Mexico is deafening.
If this was some human rights offense they would be squealing to
high heaven.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm getting the idea that if State had been asked and given permission, it's being looked at as the Arms Export Control Act not being violated.  As I know nothing about the law, it appears the government can legally exempt itself from this law too.