Author Topic: ATF’s Fast & Furious- Obama’s ‘Weaponsgate’?  (Read 104263 times)

charlesoakwood

Re: ATF’s Fast & Furious- Obama’s ‘Weaponsgate’?
« Reply #280 on: November 02, 2011, 01:49:58 PM »

This means that the Arms Export Control Act was more
than likely violated, and strongly suggests that the administration
committed thousands of felony violations of the act in addition to
the other laws that may have been broken.

IIRC what they did is an act of war. Regardless whether this was an
act of war or not the silence coming from Mexico is deafening.
If this was some human rights offense they would be squealing to
high heaven.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm getting the idea that if State had been asked and given permission, it's being looked at as the Arms Export Control Act not being violated.  As I know nothing about the law, it appears the government can legally exempt itself from this law too.

I have no idea.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/01/arizona-sheriff-says-2-guns-found-in-bust-linked-to-fast-and-furious/
Crime & Courts - US
Arizona Sheriff Says 2 Guns Found in Bust Linked to 'Fast and Furious'

I think the below story is a continuation of the above, there are
also several story videos at link.

Deported Drug Cartel Member Caught With $1.6M in Drugs in Arizona  
http://www.foxnews.com/search-results/search?q=busted+in+school+zone&submit=Search
U.S.… busts were announced Monday at a Phoenix news conference in which officials displayed hundreds of pounds of drugs ..... hours later when a deputy clocked him driving at 50 mph in a 15 mph school zone in Stanfield, about 50 miles south of Phoenix. A chase …

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #281 on: November 03, 2011, 06:50:29 AM »

high heaven.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm getting the idea that if State had been asked and given permission, it's being looked at as the Arms Export Control Act not being violated.  As I know nothing about the law, it appears the government can legally exempt itself from this law too.

At the very least they have established a precedent, all those people wanting to import our Korean War M-1's back into the country should file a class action suit against DoJ!  I'd really love to see that!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #282 on: November 03, 2011, 06:51:55 AM »

high heaven.

I have no idea.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/01/arizona-sheriff-says-2-guns-found-in-bust-linked-to-fast-and-furious/
Crime & Courts - US
Arizona Sheriff Says 2 Guns Found in Bust Linked to 'Fast and Furious'

I think the below story is a continuation of the above, there are
also several story videos at link.

Deported Drug Cartel Member Caught With $1.6M in Drugs in Arizona  
http://www.foxnews.com/search-results/search?q=busted+in+school+zone&submit=Search
U.S.… busts were announced Monday at a Phoenix news conference in which officials displayed hundreds of pounds of drugs ..... hours later when a deputy clocked him driving at 50 mph in a 15 mph school zone in Stanfield, about 50 miles south of Phoenix. A chase …

So, what?  Not enough evidence gathered yet for an enterprising DA to bend Erica over with?

::bashing::

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #283 on: November 04, 2011, 07:45:30 PM »
Frankenstein's at it again...

http://pjmedia.com/blog/for-sen-feinstein-gunwalker-still-an-excuse-to-push-gun-control/?singlepage=true

On Tuesday, Senator Dianne Feinstein used a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on Operation Fast and Furious to advocate for gun control:

“My concern, Mr. Chairman, is there’s been a lot said about Fast and Furious, and perhaps mistakes were made, but I think this hunt for blame doesn’t really speak about the problem,” Feinstein said during the Tuesday hearing. “And the problem is, anybody can walk in and buy anything, .50-caliber weapons, sniper weapons, buy them in large amounts, and send them down to Mexico. So, the question really becomes, what do we do about this?”

“I’ve been here 18 years,” Feinstein continued. “I’ve watched the BATF get beaten up at every turn on the road. And, candidly, it’s just not right.”

“The problem” that the California Democrat wants to gloss over is that agents of the federal government, acting under orders from officials and appointees from the Obama administration, walked more than 2,020 firearms to the Sinaloa cartel, and now they refuse to say who concocted the plot, who signed off on it, or what the real purpose of the operation was. Operation Fast and Furious is just one of ten gunwalking operations in five states, including at least one operation in the Midwest that supplied weapons to domestic criminal gangs.

Senator Feinstein has long had an irrational interest in large-caliber, long-range firearms. She specifically mentioned .50-caliber weapons and “sniper weapons” during the hearing, even though these prohibitively expensive and specialized firearms are almost never used in crimes.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #284 on: November 04, 2011, 07:53:53 PM »
Yah, I posted that on a related thread here somewhere.

They have to know the jig is up; they have to know we know just what they were trying to do, and yet, they carry on with the program.

It evokes, in listening to her lying bullsht, the meaning of the word aghast.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #285 on: November 05, 2011, 11:25:41 AM »

We need to understand our enemy and thier weapons.

The libs concocted an ill conceived plan, using the selective selling of firearms to manufacturer a result, without a doubt understanding casualities will occur.

Is there any doubt  killing is well within thier acceptable parameter, even if they are not willing to "pull the trigger".

Whether they are using death as a platform for political gain or willing to accept collateral damage, the end always justifies the means with democrats.

Understand it and one day you may not be a victim.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #286 on: November 05, 2011, 03:16:15 PM »

The libs concocted an ill conceived plan, using the selective selling of firearms to manufacturer a result, without a doubt understanding casualities will occur.

Is there any doubt  killing is well within thier acceptable parameter, even if they are not willing to "pull the trigger".

Whether they are using death as a platform for political gain or willing to accept collateral damage, the end always justifies the means with democrats.

And is there a doubt that this is not the only scheme in operation against us?

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #287 on: November 05, 2011, 03:45:01 PM »

And is there a doubt that this is not the only scheme in operation against us?

The election of obama only intensified the efforts.....brought them out in the open. If not for the overwhelming loss of seats  orchastrated by the Tea Party, we would be inundated by rinos and liberals.

From OWS, fast and furious, czars, bailouts, takeovers, healthcare, ets, libs have been busy destroying our way of life and liberty.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #288 on: November 08, 2011, 11:41:17 AM »
What a pathetic performance by the most corrupt AG ever to hold office!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/08/us/holder-fast-and-furious/index.html?section=cnn_latest

His ass should be swinging from the capitol flagpole!

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #289 on: November 09, 2011, 09:59:46 AM »
Former Ariz. US Attorney admits leaking memo smearing Fast and Furious whistle-blower

Published: 12:54 AM 11/09/2011

By Matthew Boyle - The Daily Caller

"Former Arizona U.S. Attorney Dennis Burke, who resigned in August, admitted late Tuesday that he leaked a document aimed at smearing Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives agent John Dodson, an Operation Fast and Furious whistle-blower.

“Dennis regrets his role in disclosing the memo but he’s a stand-up guy and is willing to take responsibility for what he did,” Chuck Rosenberg, Burke’s lawyer, said according to NPR. “It was absolutely not Dennis’s intent to retaliate against Special Agent Dodson or anyone else for the information they provided Congress.”

Rosenberg claims Burke is cooperating with congressional investigators.

The memo that leaked this summer ended up being an attempt by Justice Department officials to cast aspersions on Dodson — one of the leading ATF Fast and Furious whistle-blowers. Burke admitted he leaked the memo in a Tuesday afternoon letter to Justice Department Inspector General Cynthia Schnedar.

The memo was leaked to press and had the names of criminal suspects deleted — but kept Dodson’s name on it. Attorney General Eric Holder came under fire during Tuesday morning’s Senate Judiciary Committee hearing when he wouldn’t answer any questions from Iowa Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley about the leaked memo, who was held accountable for it and how they were held accountable.

It’s unclear if Burke was the only DOJ official who leaked documents to smear whistle-blowers, but Dodson thinks Burke “did not act alone.”

(RELATED: Holder says he knew about Fast and Furious longer than he first admitted)

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/11/09/former-ariz-us-attorney-admits-leaking-memo-smearing-fast-and-furious-whistle-blower/#ixzz1dDvETt2L

charlesoakwood

« Reply #290 on: November 09, 2011, 10:39:41 AM »

“It was absolutely not Dennis’s intent to retaliate against Special Agent Dodson..."

I've come to smear Agent Dodson not retaliate against him.  ...right

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #291 on: November 09, 2011, 11:25:25 AM »
Well, that's one Obamanoid identified as a Regime fallguy.  We'll convict his ass soon enough, but I want to manacle the big fish!

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #292 on: November 09, 2011, 11:31:03 AM »
Well, that's one Obamanoid identified as a Regime fallguy.  We'll convict his ass soon enough, but I want to manacle the big fish!

Fall Guys will be dropping out of the sky like so much Bird sh*te from a huge flock. My suggestion, don't look up! 

charlesoakwood

« Reply #293 on: November 10, 2011, 11:33:01 AM »
Katie Pavlich: Operation Fast and Furious was not botched

Townhall news editor Katie Pavlich has written an excellent column, pointing out that Fast and Furious was not a “botched” operation as is often reported in the media.

On the contrary, it went exactly according to plan. And that’s the real scandal.
Right Scoop and Townhall ahead of the curve, astounding, this is truly breaking news.

Time warp?  
Scotty, beam me up.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #294 on: November 10, 2011, 11:44:05 AM »
Pretty jive's with everything we think, right?!  I mean, to use Cankles own words...doesn't it require a "willing suspension of disbelief" by all concerned to think giving weapons over was not going to blow up in faces?  This whole thing was designed to malign American gun makers and American gun dealers complicit in death and mayhem so as to gin-up public support for their long-held desires to make gun ownership (if not illegal) infinitely difficult, period!  The only part that backfired was The Regime failing to account for people of good conscience who called this a dumb idea from the get-go and who were hounded for saying so and now wit the entire cat out of the bag these top echelon jackasses like Obama & Holder think they can feign ignorance and run the blame Bush playbook and get away with it?  Fvck that noise!  I want these bastards nailed to walls and left to rot!

::gaah::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #295 on: November 10, 2011, 11:51:23 AM »
I'm beginning to believe there is something to the suspicion the intent was to help the Sinaloa cartel maintain its dominent position in Mexico, as well.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #296 on: November 10, 2011, 12:10:19 PM »

Bi-national thug agreement.
A new low in international trade agreements.

RickZ

« Reply #297 on: November 10, 2011, 10:04:27 PM »
Looking for a F&F silver lining, the only thing I got is the fact that so many gun dealers had so many concerns and reported them to BATFE.  Having the Government on record as saying 'go ahead and make the questionable sale' destroys the American and Mexican governments' propaganda about lax gun sales here.  A better silver lining would be an important person or persons up on involuntary manslaughter charges and ending up going to jail.  (Gee, that sounds so much like the left's attitude toward the Bush Administration.  That's about the only similarity as the ideological reasons are vastly different.  Sort of like the TEA Party and #OWS are both out there protesting, sometimes the same things but, again, for vastly different ideological reasons.)

On an unrelated side note, there's one thing among many items missing from the news reports:  The corruption history of Chicago.  Everybody (who actually paid attention in school) has heard of Tammany Hall, but so little about the royalty in Chicago governance.  Why, it's almost as if the residents there vote to live under a third world kleptocracy; Chicago has a long and storied history of corruption, as does Illinois in general (not the picture of Middle America most people have, though).

A story my Mom told me:  When she was a little girl growing up in the coal country of southwest Virginia, around 8 or 9, at the beginning of the Depression in '30-'31, she said her Dad (whom I never met) was listening to the radio and the announcer had some teaser (yeah, they were there back then, though I don't know what they were called then) about corruption in Illinois.  Now remember this is a few hundred miles away in an age of limited communication.  She said he muttered out loud something like:  'Everybody knows there's corruption in Illinois.  Been known for years.'  That Obama came from one of the most corrupt city regimes in the country barely earns a whimper in the media.

If there's two things I want from a Barry Court Administration, it's that we as a Nation look harder at the qualifications of those wanting to become President and begin to scrutinize every lawyer running just a little bit harder.  I'd also like to think that this Country will not elect anyone from a big city again anytime soon.  Would any of you want Bloomberg?  (Take my mayor, please!)  Or Giuliani?  Trust me on ol' Rudy, he had many good points, but his personal life while in office was a mess, a self-imploded complicated mess.  He also had his nanny state moments that people now either overlook or never hear about.  In NYC, jaywalking is not the crime it is in other parts of the country (most especially an area like Los Angeles).  We're adults here, and if the coast is clear, who gives a sh*t about the color of a light bulb inside some metal canister hanging by a wire over the street?  It's not like it's sentient or anything.  So Rudy gets it into his little totalitarian head to put up barricades (sort of like metal bicycle racks) on the corners of some of Midtown's busiest intersections (yeah, I know, to some of you, they're all busy, but someplace like the corner of 6th and 48th, with Radio City right there, the intersection being the SW corner of Rockefeller Center).  Now the erected barricades funneled people into little lanes in order to cross the street with the light as you had to walk quite a ways to get around them.  Slowed pedestrian traffic to a crawl, which affected motorized traffic.  And when a pedestrian only has a couple of minutes to grab something to eat then sit for a while somewhere and consume lunch, well, minutes count.  The whole barricade idea was eventually laughed out of existence, because even the cops were annoyed by them.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #298 on: November 10, 2011, 10:12:00 PM »
So Rudy gets it into his little totalitarian head to put up barricades (sort of like metal bicycle racks) on the corners of some of Midtown's busiest intersections (yeah, I know, to some of you, they're all busy, but someplace like the corner of 6th and 48th, with Radio City right there, the intersection being the SW corner of Rockefeller Center).  Now the erected barricades funneled people into little lanes in order to cross the street with the light as you had to walk quite a ways to get around them.  Slowed pedestrian traffic to a crawl, which affected motorized traffic.  And when a pedestrian only has a couple of minutes to grab something to eat then sit for a while somewhere and consume lunch, well, minutes count.  The whole barricade idea was eventually laughed out of existence, because even the cops were annoyed by them.

Which is exactly what the Rudy-ies of this country have backward.  The government, every facet of it, is supposed to respresent and reflect the will of the people, barring Constitutional violations.  Rudy carried his "broken windows" theory to the extreme.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #299 on: November 10, 2011, 11:38:29 PM »
Sipsey Street
brings you the Cornyn timeline.

ETA: Anybody know how to size this monster?