Author Topic: ATF’s Fast & Furious- Obama’s ‘Weaponsgate’?  (Read 104305 times)

charlesoakwood

Re: ATF’s Fast & Furious- Obama’s ‘Weaponsgate’?
« Reply #400 on: January 27, 2012, 12:45:45 PM »

[blockquote]Autopsy of Injustice. Let the dead teach the living in the Gunwalker Scandal.

"So that is where we are, as far as I know. The committee may have a rabbit in their hat. In fact, if they've been doing what they claim to have been doing they should have a whole warren of embarrassing rabbits for Eric Holder, Janet Napolitano and the sitting president of the United States. If. . . Maybe. . . Or, the fix is in, which means they have decided to try to save their rotten system and not the country."

No one -- NO ONE -- was ever punished or even inconvenienced by what they did to these children at Waco. Eric Holder was instrumental in covering up the circumstances of the Waco inferno, including the prosecution of U.S. Attorney Bill Johnston, the only federal employee who seemed remotely interested in getting to the bottom of what actually happened. In this, Holder had bi-partisan help from the GOP. (See This Is Not An Assault: Penetrating the Web of Official Lies Regarding the Waco Incident by David T. Hardy & Rex Kimball.) [/blockquote]

Not sure exactly what he's trying to communicate with this but there is interesting information and images on Waco contained within.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #401 on: January 27, 2012, 01:17:30 PM »
Yikes, nice pics.   ::speechless::

I'd like to think this is once instance where stuff won't be swept under the rug and flushed down the memory hole, bur the track record really isn't that stellar to say the least.  Not sure I am ready to be a card-carrying member of the "They're all out to get us" Club, but, can't just issue a flat seeyalater either.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #402 on: January 29, 2012, 06:22:06 AM »
In this past Friday's DOJ document dump:

Central to this document dump is a series of emails showing Holder was informed of slain Border Patrol agent Brian Terry’s murder on the day it happened – December 15, 2010 – and that he was informed the weapons used to kill Terry were from Fast and Furious on the same day.

An email from one official, whose name has been redacted from the document, to now-former Arizona U.S. Attorney Dennis Burke reads: “On December 14, 2010, a BORTAC agent working in the Nogales, AZ AOR was shot. The agent was conducting Border Patrol operations 18 miles north of the international boundary when he encountered [redacted word] unidentified subjects. Shots were exchanged resulting in the agent being shot. At this time, the agent is being transported to an area where he can be air lifted to an emergency medical center.”

That email was sent at 2:31 a.m. on the day Terry was shot. One hour later, a follow-up email read: “Our agent has passed away.”

Burke forwarded those two emails to Holder’s then-deputy chief of staff Monty Wilkinson later that morning, adding that the incident was “not good” because it happened “18 miles w/in” the border.

Wilkinson responded to Burke shortly thereafter and said the incident was “tragic.” “I’ve alerted the AG [Holder], the Acting DAG, Lisa, etc.”

Then, later that day, Burke followed up with Wilkinson after Burke discovered from officials whose names are redacted that the guns used to kill Terry were from Fast and Furious. “The guns found in the desert near the murder BP officer connect back to the investigation we were going to talk about – they were AK-47s purchased at a Phoenix gun store,” Burke wrote to Wilkinson.

“I’ll call tomorrow,” Wilkinson responded.

This is hardly the first time new evidence has come out that directly contradicts Holder’s congressional testimony. These new emails are written evidence that Holder was aware of Fast and Furious about five months before he testified in Congress that he had only learned of the gunwalking program a “few weeks” before a May 3, 2011, House Judiciary Committee appearance.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/01/28/latest-friday-night-document-dump-shows-holder-was-informed-of-fast-and-furious-connection-to-brian-terry%e2%80%99s-murder-on-day-border-agent-died/#ixzz1kqiFErCE
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #403 on: January 29, 2012, 06:46:12 AM »
I'm starting to lose confidence. Still no marshals visiting these bastards. ::outrage::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #404 on: January 29, 2012, 10:17:06 AM »
Just what I feared, man, this drive me into a freaking rage!

What...does...is...fricken..take?!?!?!

::whatgives::

::gaah::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #405 on: January 29, 2012, 10:20:43 AM »
Just what I feared, man, this drive me into a freaking rage!

What...does...is...fricken..take?!?!?!

::whatgives::

I really don't know either.  Grassley gets a bribe offer and he reports it to the ethics committee instead of instituting legal action against the bribers?  What's it going to take for them to move already?!

*sigh*
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #406 on: January 29, 2012, 10:37:00 AM »
If Holder is not indicted now at least for outright lying to a congressional investigative committee, if not for covering up complicity in the death of a federal agent, then these investigations were never anything more than a show.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #407 on: January 29, 2012, 10:50:44 AM »

I'm beginning to think he likes to talk enough to get re-elected.
I remember listening to him on the Tony Snow radio program investigating
another injustice and it just went down the memory hole.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #408 on: January 29, 2012, 10:59:05 AM »
It appears the congressional investigations are what I feared they were, merely electioneering tools used to sully NOT CALL TO ACCOUNT the transgressors.

Same strategy the Establishment is using in the POTUS race, push Romney because he is least likely to upset those oh so delicate congressional races this year.

Why?!  So these POS's can capture the Senate too and then have more hearings that DON'T DO JACK sh*t?!

Our system is broken and probably fatally.

Oh well, just shut up and behave like a good little GOP toad and do as you're told by your betters!!!

::falldownshocked::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #409 on: January 29, 2012, 11:59:33 AM »
Repeat as necessary.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #410 on: January 29, 2012, 03:07:34 PM »
Shoulda, woulda, coulda...Alan.

We've degenerated a lot the past couple hundred years...

Oh well, it was a good run, eh?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #411 on: February 01, 2012, 10:11:51 AM »
Contempt, yeah, whatever...

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0112/72246.html

The hacks for the Regime are winning Darrell, you are losing!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #412 on: February 01, 2012, 03:04:16 PM »
Holder has until Thursday, Feb. 9. to comply, according to Issa.

Issa accused the Justice Department of trying to “obstruct our investigation and deceive the public” by withholding documents.

“Your actions lead us to conclude that the department is actively engaged in a cover-up,” he said in a four-page letter.

This isn't even a strongly worded letter.  Weak as water.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #413 on: February 02, 2012, 05:03:17 PM »
Holder, in an unoriginal stance, chooses to do the DC two-step and feign ignorance and attack his questioners.  Nixon, Haldeman & Erlichman would be so proud!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/02/02/holder-says-no-one-punished-yet-during-testimony-on-controversial-fast-and/

"The conclusion that I come to is there are some things in there that's being hidden that you don't want us to see," said Rep. Dan Burton, R-Ind. "We have every right under the Constitution to check on what you're doing... So for you to deny this committee anything like that is just dead wrong and I don't think you're going to find any way that you can do it."

Burton went on to say that 93,000 documents related to the operation are being withheld by the Justice Department even though they've been turned over internally to the department's inspector general, a political appointee, Burton said.

"And you're saying, well, the separation of powers prohibits you from (delivering them to Congress). That's baloney. That is just baloney," Burton said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/02/02/holder-says-no-one-punished-yet-during-testimony-on-controversial-fast-and/#ixzz1lGhwRypr

A stern lecturing to, yeah, he'll cave in and stop shredding doc's!

/

charlesoakwood

« Reply #414 on: February 04, 2012, 11:22:59 AM »

It's frustrating that no one in the House appears ready to drop the hammer ::hammer::
There is hope that they may be pacing this thing or allowing the pace to
be this slow in order to start ringing the bell in the early fall.  Arrests and
subpoena's around October 31.

video at link

"I'm not sure you understand how the Justice Dept works, I didn't express the fact that I was mad or that I thought it was silly, I issued a directive..."

Brian Terry’s mother to Holder: You’re ‘a joke’ and a ‘coward’

By Matthew Boyle - The Daily Caller

The mother of murdered Border Patrol agent Brian Terry had harsh words for Attorney General Eric Holder after Thursday’s House oversight committee hearing on Operation Fast and Furious.

“THIS IS FOR YOU SON,” Mrs. Terry posted on Facebook at about 3:30 p.m. “Mr. Holder. How come you can never say my sons name. You never have. All i ever hear you say is ‘i didnt find out or I cant say’ Im actually tired of hearing your double talk in answering questions. What a joke you are. You know my son was a real AMERICAN, a WARRIOR, and a HERO, who was also protecting COWARD POLITICANS like you.”

“Hope you remember that,” Mrs. Terry added in her message to Holder before signing it: “PROUD MOM OF BRIAN A. TERRY.”

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #415 on: February 04, 2012, 01:15:57 PM »
Brian Terry’s mother to Holder: You’re ‘a joke’ and a ‘coward’

By Matthew Boyle - The Daily Caller

The mother of murdered Border Patrol agent Brian Terry had harsh words for Attorney General Eric Holder after Thursday’s House oversight committee hearing on Operation Fast and Furious.

“THIS IS FOR YOU SON,” Mrs. Terry posted on Facebook at about 3:30 p.m. “Mr. Holder. How come you can never say my sons name. You never have. All i ever hear you say is ‘i didnt find out or I cant say’ Im actually tired of hearing your double talk in answering questions. What a joke you are. You know my son was a real AMERICAN, a WARRIOR, and a HERO, who was also protecting COWARD POLITICANS like you.”

“Hope you remember that,” Mrs. Terry added in her message to Holder before signing it: “PROUD MOM OF BRIAN A. TERRY.”

God bless you, Mrs. Terry. ::USA::

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #416 on: February 05, 2012, 11:40:14 AM »
Honor, like liberty, is dying in this land Mrs. Terry, and I appologize on the behalf of all freedom loving Americans that your son had to be killed as a result of these dishonorable people.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #417 on: February 05, 2012, 01:56:02 PM »
Honor, like liberty, is dying in this land Mrs. Terry, and I appologize on the behalf of all freedom loving Americans that your son had to be killed as a result of these dishonorable people.

The sad thing is that those words are true!!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #418 on: February 05, 2012, 02:03:21 PM »

Daily Caller: Boehner spokesman says “Such speculation is absurd and untrue.”

“Several sources tell Sipsey Street that the committee’s work has been slowed by the intervention of Speaker of the House John Boehner, with some saying plainly that ‘the fix is in.’”

13248
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 02:16:55 PM by Charles Oakwood »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #419 on: February 05, 2012, 02:13:54 PM »
When someone says "absurd and untrue" nowdays, it doesn't necessarily mean the allegation is without merit.