Author Topic: ATF’s Fast & Furious- Obama’s ‘Weaponsgate’?  (Read 104291 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: ATF’s Fast & Furious- Obama’s ‘Weaponsgate’?
« Reply #460 on: May 08, 2012, 02:25:34 PM »
Interesting, Democrat on House Oversight Committee sides with Issa Re: Holder subpoena.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/05/08/democrat-breaks-ranks-supports-issas-push-to-enforce-fast-and-furious-subpoena/

But, seeing as though this dude is in a tough district that he barely won 2 years ago, it is likely just some 4th quarter CYA!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Donnelly

But Issa ought to exploit it and push harder!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #461 on: May 08, 2012, 06:56:26 PM »

They/Issa could have dropped the hammer on this thing long ago.
This could have been bigger than Monica's blue dress and hamstrung
the administration for the rest of its term.

16420

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #462 on: May 09, 2012, 06:31:43 AM »

They/Issa could have dropped the hammer on this thing long ago.
This could have been bigger than Monica's blue dress and hamstrung
the administration for the rest of its term.

16420

And I'm STILL waiting for the indictments..... ::outrage::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #463 on: May 09, 2012, 06:42:20 AM »
I know CO, I know...I've been much vexed with the slowness of the Pubbies on this, and the passing of more and more time only makes it more likely that the guilty get away with their criminality!  But it was always in the back of my mind that this thing wasn't going to be brought to the front burner until this election cycle...I just hope the Pubbies haven't been too cute on this and end up with a big pot of skunk!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #464 on: May 09, 2012, 08:51:50 AM »
Another Dem refuses to back Holder. 

http://dailycaller.com/2012/05/09/another-democratic-member-refuses-to-back-holder/

When they start running it is time to chase them harder!  Release the hounds!!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #465 on: May 09, 2012, 09:30:04 AM »
Another Dem refuses to back Holder. 

http://dailycaller.com/2012/05/09/another-democratic-member-refuses-to-back-holder/

When they start running it is time to chase them harder!  Release the hounds Rottweilers!!

FIFY. ::curtsy4::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #466 on: May 09, 2012, 09:37:26 AM »
Heh, I like!   ::thumbsup::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #468 on: May 13, 2012, 06:20:24 PM »
Hobble that ewe and get on with it!

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #469 on: May 18, 2012, 06:41:23 PM »
LINK

At first, Speaker Boehner seemed cagey about actually forging ahead with holding Eric Holder in contempt — and perhaps he still is, because he’s finally decided to throw more of his weight behind getting Holder to pony up with the withheld documents, before Congress has to take it to the contempt-level. Earlier this week, Boehner personally asked Obama to pressure Holder to quit stonewalling, and today sent Holder a letter co-signed by Majority Leader Eric Cantor, Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy, and Chairman Issa. And they did not mince words:
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #471 on: May 18, 2012, 07:49:26 PM »
Ooh, I bet yet another sternly worded letter has Holder shaking in his boots.

Do these Republican eunuchs have any clue how increasingly contemptuously they are viewed by the people they expect to vote for them?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #472 on: May 20, 2012, 11:42:28 AM »
I doubt it IDP...denial is not just a river in Egypt...

::bashing::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #473 on: May 20, 2012, 04:23:30 PM »

Do these Republican eunuchs have any clue how increasingly contemptuously they are viewed by the people they expect to vote for them?

Oh, they do.

I went to a speech by Senator DeMint recently. (Understand that DeMint thinks Romney is becoming more conservative like Reagan did over time.)  He said he met with Romney and Romney was trying to understand why he's having so much trouble with conservatives.  DeMint explained that it's because conservative voters don't believed that they (the conservative politicians) have the courage of their convictions. 

I thought that comment was revealing because it tells me they hear that we the voters don't trust them. They know.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #474 on: May 20, 2012, 04:32:55 PM »

Oh, they do.

I went to a speech by Senator DeMint recently. (Understand that DeMint thinks Romney is becoming more conservative like Reagan did over time.)  He said he met with Romney and Romney was trying to understand why he's having so much trouble with conservatives.  DeMint explained that it's because conservative voters don't believed that they (the conservative politicians) have the courage of their convictions. 

I thought that comment was revealing because it tells me they hear that we the voters don't trust them. They know.

At least DeMint knows. But I think "they" don't know. Or they don't care. Or they know and they're more afraid of the clueless than they are of the informed. In any of those scenarios, people like John Boehner and Mitch McConnell fail to do what is necessary to save the country.

I see Jim DeMint as trying to bridge the gap between the establishment and the conservative electorate. A voice crying in the wilderness.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #475 on: May 20, 2012, 05:27:05 PM »
I was reading an article on PJMedia about the British police allowing Muslim gangs to get away with rape, because they feared being accused of racial profiling.  Anyway, one of the comments on the article was a succinct summary of that problem and pretty much all our other problems too:

Know what the problem for decent people is? No one fears you. Not the politicans, not the media and now not the police. Until this dynamic changes, they will all do with you anything they please.

That is the truth. How do we make them fear us then?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #476 on: May 20, 2012, 06:57:10 PM »

How do we make them fear us then?

How does it go?  One cannot get the answer until he asks the right question.
And that is the correct question.  As IDP said "they" don't get it, yes, and I think "they" don't care.  DeMint and some others do but those fat cows that have fenced themselves off from us will continue until they fear us.

"How do we make them fear us then?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #477 on: May 20, 2012, 07:17:41 PM »

How do we make them fear us then?

How does it go?  One cannot get the answer until he asks the right question.
And that is the correct question.  As IDP said "they" don't get it, yes, and I think "they" don't care.  DeMint and some others do but those fat cows that have fenced themselves off from us will continue until they fear us.

"How do we make them fear us then?"

Show some of them who they once were before they started believing their own bullsh*t.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #478 on: May 20, 2012, 07:37:52 PM »
You look at what is happening to people like Lugar, Hatch, Snowe; what happened to Murkowski, Crist... even when we give them reason to fear us politically/professionally speaking, they hold us in contempt.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #479 on: May 20, 2012, 07:48:03 PM »
Exactly. They sneer at us with dismissive derision. The only consistent message I'm getting from them is that the voting booth doesn't strike any fear into their hearts.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly