Author Topic: ATF’s Fast & Furious- Obama’s ‘Weaponsgate’?  (Read 104231 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: ATF’s Fast & Furious- Obama’s ‘Weaponsgate’?
« Reply #540 on: June 20, 2012, 11:10:17 AM »
Time to employ total war doctrine and crush them all decisively.  The message from leaders should be "If you cannot man-up, sit down and shut up and don't impede us"!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #541 on: June 20, 2012, 11:40:25 AM »
I'm beginning to think Issa, Grassley and maybe even Boehner had more than suspicion that F&F went right up to Obama and just accumulated whatever documents, testimony (and perjury) while building a case that would wind up right here; (in Boehner's case, I think fear was the operative emotion).

They need to move forward with the contempt citation and a Special Prosecutor.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #542 on: June 20, 2012, 11:43:30 AM »
Right now Stymie and Holder look like a couple of monkeys trying to screw a football . The plot thinens .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #543 on: June 20, 2012, 11:46:35 AM »
I'm beginning to think Issa, Grassley and maybe even Boehner had more than suspicion that F&F went right up to Obama and just accumulated whatever documents, testimony (and perjury) while building a case that would wind up right here; (in Boehner's case, I think fear was the operative emotion).

They need to move forward with the contempt citation and a Special Prosecutor.

Obama will never allow a Special Prosecutor, the Speaker will have to take the Admin to court, and the election will be here and gone by the time any prosecutor could be had, and by then the Democrat-Media Complex will be on its hobby-horse of "this is a waste of time and money", blah, blah, blah..."this is all Bush's fault", yadda yadda yadda...

Screw that noise.  I say push the constitutional crises on all levels, I want everyone attacking and defying this filthy Regime!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #544 on: June 20, 2012, 11:47:20 AM »
Right now Stymie and Holder look like a couple of monkeys trying to screw a football . The plot thinens .

Oh sh....!  Mountain Dew stings when shot out the nose!

::hysterical::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #545 on: June 20, 2012, 11:54:28 AM »
  Death of a thousand paper cuts. ::dueling::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #546 on: June 20, 2012, 12:12:14 PM »
If I was Issa, I would declare that Obama must have been involved all along with fast and furious. In order to qualify for ex. priv,the president must have been involved, and obama has american blood on his hands.

And there's the key point to take out of all this. 

Plus a cool new avatar, thanks to the obvious Nixon comparisons.   ::pimp::

Stuttering Crook of a Miserable Failure it is. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #547 on: June 20, 2012, 12:34:09 PM »
If I was Issa, I would declare that Obama must have been involved all along with fast and furious. In order to qualify for ex. priv,the president must have been involved, and obama has american blood on his hands.

And there's the key point to take out of all this. 

Plus a cool new avatar, thanks to the obvious Nixon comparisons.   ::pimp::

Stuttering Crook of a Miserable Failure it is. 

At least Nixon has more honor than Obama...people ought to think about that.  F&F makes Watergate look like kids play in comparison...at least Nixon didn't kill anybody over Watergate!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #548 on: June 20, 2012, 01:47:51 PM »

This is a Constitutional crisis to the highest levels of the highest proportions.
It is alarming that the nation is not in an uproar.  Well, no, it's not, eliminate
cable (Fox) TB and there is no info, the people who are not viewers or avid
surfers they are devoid of knowledge of Fast and Furious.  

Brian Williams, one night, will appear saying, ladies and gentlemen we have just
been informed of alarming new information that the president and the attorney general
have been indicted for conspiracy to defraud the nation, undermine our national security,
murder, accessory to murder, and defamation of office. We here at the news room are
shocked and I'm sure, shortly so will the rest of the nation.

Offline robins111

« Reply #549 on: June 20, 2012, 01:52:18 PM »
I haven't commented on this issue before because it was an American thingy.. however as someone looking in from outside,  I'd say its gonna get real ugly very soon..  I'd be watching on how this plays out in the media.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #550 on: June 20, 2012, 01:55:56 PM »
Yeah CO, if there is a MFM broadcast it won't be until the end game script is unavoidable, if ever.

It should get ugly Robins, this is magnitudes worse than Watergate, plenty of lies, but this one has a dead agent as a result of Admin malfesance, and the stonewalling will soon surpass Nixonian standards.

I want to hear the non-stop hectoring of "What did the President know, and when did he know it?  Was it before or after Agent Terry was gunned down?"

Until then my opinion of the MFM remains at abosolute zero.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #551 on: June 20, 2012, 02:03:00 PM »
Two dead agents, Libertas; Brian Terry, BP, and Jaime Zapata, ICE.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #552 on: June 20, 2012, 02:07:16 PM »
Bottomline,
with obama giving ex. priv to holder means he just bought this scandal lock stock and barrel. What did gen powell once say? You go in there and you own it. Itz your mess to clean up obama. You made this scandal 'all about you-oo'.

TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #553 on: June 20, 2012, 02:31:56 PM »
  Romney camp should be all over this.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #554 on: June 20, 2012, 02:42:24 PM »
The campaign of former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, the GOP’s nominee for president, on Wednesday criticized President Barack Obama’s decision to invoke executive privilege over Fast and Furious-related documents.

“President Obama’s pledge to run the most open and transparent administration in history has turned out to be just another broken promise,” Romney campaign spokeswoman Andrea Saul said in an email to The Daily Caller.

Romney called for Holder’s resignation in December 2011, but has remained largely silent on Fast and Furious since. His only other acknowledgement of the scandal came during a speech at the NRA convention earlier this year.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/06/20/romney-aide-obama-invoking-executive-privilege-over-fast-and-furious-docs-just-another-broken-promise-of-transparency/

Hopefully, Romney's just getting warmed up ....

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #555 on: June 20, 2012, 02:47:39 PM »
In the wake of President Barack Obama asserting executive privilege to withhold Operation Fast and Furious documents from Congress, the Department of Justice has withdrawn a second statement made to Congress because it was inaccurate.

During last week’s Senate Judiciary Committee hearing, Holder had alleged that former Attorney General Michael Mukasey knew of gunwalking during the George W. Bush administration.

“An attorney general who I suppose you would hold in higher regard was briefed on these kinds of tactics in an operation called Wide Receiver and did nothing to stop them — nothing,” Holder told Texas Republican Sen. John Cornyn during that hearing. “Three hundred guns, at least, walked in that instance.”

After the hearing, Grassley wrote to Holder asking him to provide evidence to back up his blaming Mukasey.

Instead of being able to facilitate evidence, though, according to Iowa Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley’s office, Holder and the DOJ have now retracted that statement.

“This is the second time in nearly seven months that the Department has gotten its facts wrong about gunwalking,” Grassley said. “Attorney General Holder accused Attorney General Mukasey, without producing any evidence, of having been briefed on gunwalking in Wide Receiver. The case Attorney General Mukasey was briefed on, Hernandez, is fundamentally different from both Wide Receiver and Fast and Furious since it involved cooperation with the Mexican government. Attorney General Holder’s retraction should have included an apology to the former Attorney General.”

In his original request for evidence that supported the statements, Grassley said if Holder could not back the claim, he owed Mukasey an apology. Holder did not include an apology in the retraction. It’s unclear if the attorney general will apologize to Mukasey for the now-retracted statement. Holder spokeswoman Tracy Schmaler wouldn’t answer when The Daily Caller asked her.

“In his eagerness to blame the previous administration, Attorney General Holder got his facts wrong,” Grassley added. “And his tactic didn’t bring us any closer to understanding how a bad policy evolved and continued. Bad policy is bad policy, regardless of how many administrations carried it out. Ironically, the only document produced yesterday by the Department appears to show that senior officials in the Attorney General’s own Department were strategizing about how to keep gunwalking in both Wide Receiver and Fast and Furious under wraps.”

The first time Holder’s DOJ withdrew a statement to congress because of its inaccuracy was when now-former Assistant Attorney General Ronald Weich wrote to Sen. Grassley on Feb. 4, 2011, telling him that the DOJ and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives never allowed guns to walk. It wasn’t until several months later that Holder withdrew that false statement.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/06/20/another-retraction-holder-withdraws-claim-that-bushs-attorney-general-knew-about-gunwalking/#ixzz1yMfi52nL

Offline robins111

« Reply #556 on: June 20, 2012, 03:00:35 PM »
If proven that bammy & holder were deliberately supplying the cartels with firearms for politically motivated reasons ( to salt the numbers to call for increased gun control) in fact, what this bunch has done is essentially declare war on Mexico, by supplying a rebel army with weapons of war..   gonna get interesting..

RickZ

« Reply #557 on: June 20, 2012, 03:34:54 PM »
I watched as much of the Investigation and Oversight Committee as I could stand.  Now this was the bitching and moaning before the vote.

A couple of points.  There was an R rep from UT, I believe it was, who made the point that since Owebama has invoked executive privilege, he must be involved somehow or why invoke EP in the first place?

Also, the outright lying by the Dems is nauseating.  They were trying to bring up Mukassey and Fruticis Culpam Est because it really started under his watch.  The major differences between Bush's program (a worthy goal) and The Stuttering Clusterfu*k of a Miserable Tyrant's are important but ignored.  The Bush Admin worked with the Mexican Government; Owebama's not so much.  Also when the tracking devices placed on the guns were found to be faulty, that is they could not track the weapons, the Bush Administration aborted the operation.  Owebama's henchmen didn't even try to track the damn guns.

I also truly believe, and I think we all believe this, F&F was all about Gun Control here in the States.  The Admin was working on the meme that Mexian gun violence was happening with American guns.  Calderon went with it, too.  I remember reading about a conversation between the two where Owebama said something to the effect that he's working on gun control, but that they have to do it behind the scenes.  The Jug Eared Fu*k knew, and Holder knew the Jug Eared Fu*k knew.

What kept giving me agita I do not need, including literally screaming at the tv, was this nonsense that Holder should be given more time.  That last night he met with the two ranking members to work out a deal, but he brought no documents.  The Democraps on the committee are using the talking point that Holder wants to cooperate, give him time, even though he's had more than enough time.  Also, the committee has something like 8,000 documents out of an estimated 70,000; Holder, himself, estimated 140,000.  The Democraps were all praising the unprecedented candor from an attorney general providing the document requests and there was no need for the contempt motion.

I will say there were two 'young guns', the one from UT I mentioned above, and one from OK.  They were both very sharp, and gave pointed rejoinders to the crap the Demecraps were spewing.  After all, they aren't called Democraps for nothing.

I want to see the sharks circling, just in time for some summertime diversion.

Owebama is so imperious that he makes Nixon look like a kindergarden piker.  This precedency truly is unprecedented.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 03:46:15 PM by RickZ »

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #558 on: June 20, 2012, 04:10:11 PM »
Two dead agents, Libertas; Brian Terry, BP, and Jaime Zapata, ICE.

And hundreds of dead Mexicans. Some countries start wars over such things. Fortunately for us Mexico is limited to merely shipping us tons and tons of toxic drugs. But they could slip a jihadi or two in if they wanted to.

The Democrats can say what they want about Republicans not liking the hispanics or latinos or whatever trendy name they are currently using but...only Democrats have purposefully enabled the mass murders of Mexicans. It would be interesting to see this play out against the immigration thing on a level playing field. Won't happen, of course, but I'd like to see it happen.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #559 on: June 20, 2012, 05:11:28 PM »
This must be the Constitutional crisis Holder threatened.