Author Topic: Oil filters  (Read 2788 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Oil filters
« on: September 05, 2019, 10:35:55 PM »
  We all go through the trouble of prepping out trucks/cars just in case and we save a buck and get a cheap filter. I'm changing that as of today!

https://youtu.be/iTNJLEV8CG8
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Oil filters
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 06:59:02 AM »
Interesting; thanks, JF.  I'm passing it on.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 08:02:29 AM »
Yeah...there's total junk out there...most people have no idea...whatever their shop uses is good enough.  No, it really isn't.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 10:12:54 AM »
Yeah...there's total junk out there...most people have no idea...whatever their shop uses is good enough.  No, it really isn't.

No kidding!

I've been sourcing parts for the Mustang all year and have encountered this several times. Fer instance I bought a set of ventilated disc rotors. They came with inner and outer bearings but when I went to assemble I discovered that the bearings were Chinese crap. Stopped me dead in my tracks while I went back and ordered a set of Timken bearings.

Sometimes you discover that the only options are used original or chinese - and I have had decent luck locating rebuildable used components.

No chinese junk for me!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2019, 11:59:23 AM »

No kidding!

I've been sourcing parts for the Mustang all year and have encountered this several times. Fer instance I bought a set of ventilated disc rotors. They came with inner and outer bearings but when I went to assemble I discovered that the bearings were Chinese crap. Stopped me dead in my tracks while I went back and ordered a set of Timken bearings.

Sometimes you discover that the only options are used original or chinese - and I have had decent luck locating rebuildable used components.

No chinese junk for me!

Say no way to Sum Ting Wong!   ::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.