Author Topic: No moron left behind...  (Read 1725 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
No moron left behind...
« on: September 20, 2019, 06:57:48 AM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/grade-rigging-scandal-baltimore-students-missed-100-days-school-failed-classes-still

...leave it to prog indoctrinators and in a prog run shythole to render high school diploma's into nothing better than meaningless participation trophies...attendance and performance just isn't valued all that much anymore...and please, diploma-holders, point that out clearly in job interviews...

::bus::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: No moron left behind...
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 09:01:46 AM »
High school senior year (1971), I had 90 official absences, although I graduated (and I didn't just squeak by, either).  What the 'authorities' didn't know was that I skipped homeroom, where attendance was taken, then went to the classes that I decided I needed and left when *I* decided the day was done.  And, yes, Ma had a fit when she found out.

These Baltimore dumbasses don't even know how to cheat the system and still succeed.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 11:37:32 AM »
Heh, you're my people!   ::thumbsup::

I love testing out whenever possible...by whatever means...   :D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2019, 01:07:49 PM »
High school senior year (1971), I had 90 official absences, although I graduated (and I didn't just squeak by, either).  What the 'authorities' didn't know was that I skipped homeroom, where attendance was taken, then went to the classes that I decided I needed and left when *I* decided the day was done.  And, yes, Ma had a fit when she found out.

I would never have survived.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 02:32:33 PM »

Murder by mother?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2019, 09:21:58 AM »

Murder by mother?

Mostest definitely.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2019, 08:02:17 PM »
I know that my experience is atypical but shows another example of resisting the cookie-cutter approach to the Public Indoctrination Center.

We lived in an unincorporated area a quarter mile from Seattle City Limits. Because of this my parents enrolled us into the neighboring suburban town's school system. It turned out that they were even worse than the big city propaganda mill. In my junior year of high school I was expelled from school for assaulting a teacher (he had it coming).

I ended up at Rainier Beach High, notorious for being invaded by armed Black Panthers. Rainier Beach was a community that had been solidly middle class for almost a century but in the last 20 years seen the ravages of urban flight. Pretty scummy.

Scholastically, RBH was about a year behind the school I was kicked out of - a fact that definitely worked in my favor. My classes were easy to ace (compared to the fellas around me who struggled to remember their names) and so I spent most of my time chasing girls. I had a car which was uncommon, for reasons probably related to the plummeting status of local residents. As such I could come & go as I pleased.

Drug use was exploding in the schools and RBH was no exception. Because I had come in the middle of the semester, had a car, and chose not to assimilate, rumors began to swirl that I was an undercover narc. I had a couple of interesting encounters over this and the wreckage I left behind did little to dispel the rumors. Needless to say, I had a rep and I exploited it as much as I could.

I didn't keep track of my absences. I didn't care. I had soured on education and no longer GAS whether I graduated or not. But the work was so easy that I was still able to get good grades. The teachers at RBH were so immersed in the racial thing (mostly forced bussing) that they had no time to bother with me as long as I didn't go out of my way to trouble them.

As I began the second semester of my senior year I had all the credits I needed to graduate except US History. So I had one class in the morning and then left for school - I was taking an Auto Mechanics class at a local community college. This was so unusual that the teachers and staff at RBH were so thrilled with my initiative that they greased the skids for me to do this.

I didn't even bother with graduation - they weren't my friends (except for a girl named Gina) and it wasn't my school. I got my diploma in the mail, along with my notice to report for pre-induction physical (but that's another story).

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2019, 11:55:25 PM »
I know that my experience is atypical but shows another example of resisting the cookie-cutter approach to the Public Indoctrination Center.

We lived in an unincorporated area a quarter mile from Seattle City Limits. Because of this my parents enrolled us into the neighboring suburban town's school system. It turned out that they were even worse than the big city propaganda mill. In my junior year of high school I was expelled from school for assaulting a teacher (he had it coming).

I ended up at Rainier Beach High, notorious for being invaded by armed Black Panthers. Rainier Beach was a community that had been solidly middle class for almost a century but in the last 20 years seen the ravages of urban flight. Pretty scummy.

Scholastically, RBH was about a year behind the school I was kicked out of - a fact that definitely worked in my favor. My classes were easy to ace (compared to the fellas around me who struggled to remember their names) and so I spent most of my time chasing girls. I had a car which was uncommon, for reasons probably related to the plummeting status of local residents. As such I could come & go as I pleased.

Drug use was exploding in the schools and RBH was no exception. Because I had come in the middle of the semester, had a car, and chose not to assimilate, rumors began to swirl that I was an undercover narc. I had a couple of interesting encounters over this and the wreckage I left behind did little to dispel the rumors. Needless to say, I had a rep and I exploited it as much as I could.

I didn't keep track of my absences. I didn't care. I had soured on education and no longer GAS whether I graduated or not. But the work was so easy that I was still able to get good grades. The teachers at RBH were so immersed in the racial thing (mostly forced bussing) that they had no time to bother with me as long as I didn't go out of my way to trouble them.

As I began the second semester of my senior year I had all the credits I needed to graduate except US History. So I had one class in the morning and then left for school - I was taking an Auto Mechanics class at a local community college. This was so unusual that the teachers and staff at RBH were so thrilled with my initiative that they greased the skids for me to do this.

I didn't even bother with graduation - they weren't my friends (except for a girl named Gina) and it wasn't my school. I got my diploma in the mail, along with my notice to report for pre-induction physical (but that's another story).

Thank you for that post.
I grew up in Madison WI. Raised by mostly liberal parents. My HS US History teacher for 2 years was a USMC Korean War vet. Maybe during the Chosin reservoir? I baited him all the time with my anti Vietnam BS and my USMC logos with skull and cross bones added. He always smiled and did not attack me.

Decades later i visited my home town and visited a basketball game. He was a couch and was there. I introduced myself and apologized and said I had voted GOP ever since HS. He remembered me. I remembered his wife was a nurse and he was touched.

When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown