Author Topic: Knocking down Little House  (Read 1426 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Knocking down Little House
« on: September 23, 2019, 12:26:58 PM »
The SJWs have finally succeeded in defenestrating Laura Ingalls Wilder:

The US Association for Library Service to Children (ALSC) has removed Laura Ingalls Wilder's name from one of its awards over racist views and language.

The association had received complaints for years over the Little House on the Prairie author's "anti-Native and anti-Black sentiments in her work".

The ALSC board voted unanimously on Saturday to remove Wilder's name from the children's literature award.

The medal will be renamed as the Children's Literature Legacy award.

They hate you, they hate your society, they hate your nation, and they hate your civilization. They are seeking to destroy all of it. Do you understand that yet? Are you still concerned about the names they will call you to keep you in line?

I'm an American Indian who grew up in Minnesota and this assault on American and Minnesota history offends me far more than anything Laura Ingalls Wilder wrote.

"The association had received complaints for years"?  Yeah sure; from whom, I wonder.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Knocking down Little House
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 12:31:47 PM »
Demofascisti and activities akin to book-burning...who would have thought it possible?!

Well us here, sure...but who else?

Therein is the problem.   ::outrage::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 12:36:35 PM »
I know this happened, I'd read about it elsewhere, but Vox took the post down.   ::confused::

Ah, maybe because it happened June of 2018.  Sheesh.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 12:41:31 PM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 02:56:49 PM »

This is not the same thing but it erases history.
There is some Ann Frank museum or memorial somewhere, maybe where she hid out.
Some group was given rights to her diary proceeds or some such.
They removed the references to her being prosecuted for being Jewish and turned it into some generic humanitarian thing.
Sorry, from memory, no links. 
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 03:26:51 PM »

They removed the references to her being prosecuted for being Jewish and turned it into some generic humanitarian thing.

Not quite the same thing, I think.  Although her books are delisted from the literary award, the Ingalls-Wilder books have not been disappeared or altered.     

Yet.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 08:49:15 PM »

Not quite the same thing, I think.  Although her books are delisted from the literary award, the Ingalls-Wilder books have not been disappeared or altered.     

Yet.

As a kid in grade school in WI we had some of the Little House books read to us in third grade. I imagine the same in MN. I imagine that is a hate crime now.

I still remember the description of the latch string because I never understood it. I remember the sod house and the greased paper for a window. I remember how the naked injuns scared the girls.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown