Author Topic: Good Challenge  (Read 983 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Good Challenge
« on: January 27, 2020, 07:39:17 AM »
https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/entertainment/2020/january/vikings-qb-kirk-cousins-issues-bible-challenge-to-millions-of-nfl-fans

I have been lax in recent years, been a bit busy...completed twice and have half or so to go for a full 3 times.

Good challenge to take up though!   ::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
Re: Good Challenge
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 06:58:15 AM »
A few years ago through church, did a 4 year study called "Disciple", but it jumped all around in the Bible.  After that, I decided to read it cover to cover. Finished reading the N IV version on Nov. 9, 2019 - started the KJV on Nov. 10, 2019 to compare.  Trying to read 2-3 chapters a day, now on Judges 16.  Have copy of the "New English Version" and may try that to compare with both after this.   [ Guess it proves the old joke --" Why do old people always study the Bible ? -- Ans - They are cramming for their final exam"]   ::oldman:: ::praying::
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
Re: Good Challenge
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 10:19:03 AM »
A few years ago through church, did a 4 year study called "Disciple", but it jumped all around in the Bible.  After that, I decided to read it cover to cover. Finished reading the N IV version on Nov. 9, 2019 - started the KJV on Nov. 10, 2019 to compare.  Trying to read 2-3 chapters a day, now on Judges 16.  Have copy of the "New English Version" and may try that to compare with both after this.   [ Guess it proves the old joke --" Why do old people always study the Bible ? -- Ans - They are cramming for their final exam"]   ::oldman:: ::praying::

Now that is funny Rusty!! (and true)
Eschew Obfuscation