Author Topic: Yang yanked.  (Read 725 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Yang yanked.
« on: February 11, 2020, 08:57:30 PM »
Democrat Andrew Yang, an entrepreneur who created buzz for his presidential campaign by championing a universal basic income that would give every American adult $1,000 per month, suspended his 2020 bid on Tuesday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elections-2020/democrat-andrew-yang-whose-buzzy-2020-campaign-promoted-a-freedom-dividend-of-dollar1000-a-month-for-all-adults-ends-bid/ar-BBZU24M?ocid=spartanntp
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Yang yanked.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 07:35:40 AM »
Heh.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 01:05:25 PM »
https://babylonbee.com/news/yang-campaign-collapses-when-its-revealed-hed-pay-for-1000-a-month-with-a-1000-a-month-tax

Math will get you every time.

Government math would be $1500 in taxes for the $1000.   They don't steal your money for free you know..........

Of course the simple solution would be to get rid of income taxes altogether,  that would give everybody a raise without having to do anything........ But you know.......

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 07:00:39 AM »
https://babylonbee.com/news/yang-campaign-collapses-when-its-revealed-hed-pay-for-1000-a-month-with-a-1000-a-month-tax

Math will get you every time.

Government math would be $1500 in taxes for the $1000.   They don't steal your money for free you know..........

Of course the simple solution would be to get rid of income taxes altogether,  that would give everybody a raise without having to do anything........ But you know.......

I've been barking at that moon going on my 5th decade...the IRS moon that is...without that bloated bunch of bow-tie bureaucrats the rest of the gaseous government could be more easily trimmed!  Ideally reducing federal overreach into most areas the states were robbed of over the past 160 years.  I designed a form that would be fair for all citizens and discriminated against none...list income, apply a flat 12% (or thereabout, can't remember...could have been 10%), pay tax...and I mean the latter as the payroll withholding would be eliminated...people would return to being responsible for managing their economic affairs and know exactly what they were paying Uncle Sam...and Uncle Sam would need to learn to live within his means!  Naturally the States would be encouraged to follow suit on withholding and simplification, but the beauty of the federalist system is States can be stupid and people can vote with their feet to the benefit of sane States.  IRS would be a mere fraction of its size and in fact no longer a separate entity as something that small would just be a department in Treasury.  No more parasites, no more gaming by Congress...totally transparent for the taxpayer.  Also, would eliminate estate/inheritance taxes as they are punitive, double-dipping and destructive of family farms and businesses.  Corp taxation also included, make it flat and fair for all there as well.  Investment would pour into the nation, economic activity would be unleashed to its near optimal potential.   Get federal role back to national focus of national security, international relations and trade and limited regulatory review...period.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2020, 04:35:34 PM »
  How in the hell do you expect politicians to bring home the bacon then?   foottapping
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2020, 07:11:15 AM »
Like everybody else...from the butcher.   ::rimshot::

And by not being statist douchebags they get to avoid being skinned alive by angry citizens...