Author Topic: Max Von Sydow  (Read 975 times)

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Max Von Sydow
« on: March 09, 2020, 11:21:23 AM »
I've always liked him.  And he's not above doing something on the campy side as he added a bit of class to Strange Brew, among others.  90 is a good run.  RIP.

https://www.kwqc.com/content/news/Exorcist-actor-Max-von-Sydow-dies-at-age-90-568624481.html

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Max Von Sydow
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 12:09:58 PM »
Campy...like Ming in Flash Gordon (what an awful movie!)...Conan...quite lame too, except for that "what's best in life" quote I like...Strange Brew, eh hoser?...Blofeld in Never Say Never Again...Liet Keynes in the original Dune...Judge Fargo in Dredd (now he completed his long walk)...and towards the end...a Star Wars bit and the first Three-Eyed Raven in GOT.  Good run, good career...we should all be so fortunate.

R.I.P.

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 02:42:35 PM »
I only ever saw him perform in ‘Minority Report’ - as a the bad guy.

R.I.P, Max.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2020, 06:28:26 PM »
  90 Was a great run. RIP
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2020, 10:10:39 PM »

I remember him in the Immigrants movie.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2020, 09:33:45 AM »
He impressed me every time he was on screen. His role in The Exorcist is iconic. I loved him in the cult classic “Dune” as well.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2020, 09:50:57 AM »
He impressed me every time he was on screen. His role in The Exorcist is iconic. I loved him in the cult classic “Dune” as well.

He had presence
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2020, 11:51:05 AM »

He had presence.

His awesome voice was an integral part of it.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson