Author Topic: Rearranging the Deck Chairs on the Titanic?  (Read 1607 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Rearranging the Deck Chairs on the Titanic?
« on: June 07, 2011, 06:50:05 AM »
I like this admission - "You are right, I underestimated that they're going to do whatever it takes to drag this out for as long as possible."

Siwwy Wabbit!

As often happens, I often enjoy the comments as much or more than the posting.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/rearranging-deck-chairs-titanic?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+zerohedge%2Ffeed+%28zero+hedge+-+on+a+long+enough+timeline%2C+the+survival+rate+for+everyone+drops+to+zero%29
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Rearranging the Deck Chairs on the Titanic?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 12:40:32 PM »
As often happens, I often enjoy the comments as much or more than the posting.

Like this one?

Yes, of course, the problem facing the US economy today is NOT systemic corruption, the utter death of the rule of law, the vast and accelerating income and wealth disparity, the fraudulent and unsustainable nature of our central banking and fiat currency regimes, the all but complete destruction of REAL democratic rule and the substitution of an oligarchic, technocratic, total-surveillance police state in its stead --- no, we are merely bedeviled by a lack of confidence!Forgive us, Leos, for not having confidence in our political leaders cum prison guards, torturers and (debt) slavemasters.

or this:

The analogy of QE representing "rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic" is not even close to its real impact.
QE is more like taking on water purposely on the rising stern of the ship to help balance and offset the sinking bow.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 12:55:17 PM »
The analogy of QE representing "rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic" is not even close to its real impact.
QE is more like taking on water purposely on the rising stern of the ship to help balance and offset the sinking bow.

Dayum. Nail, meet hammer.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 06:15:17 PM »
The comments are good.....and many times on mark....But like I said on another thread, most people don't understand the complexities of some of the responses...so I'm forced to tell my friends...I have no confidence.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 06:56:21 PM »
Simple messages are the best...ask them if they are prepared for, well...a world of nothing!

If they say you are alarmist, remind them that the "I told you so" coming their way is going to be a real bitch.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 06:59:34 PM »
Simple messages are the best...ask them if they are prepared for, well...a world of nothing!

If they say you are alarmist, remind them that the "I told you so" coming their way is going to be a real bitch.

In future past tense referred to as Dark Age II.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 07:01:40 PM »

In future past tense referred to as Dark Age II.

LOL...And when we tell them "I told you so".... They will still be at my doorstep beggin for help.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 07:03:30 PM »

That's when you empty the 2nd story chamber pot.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 07:31:45 PM »
Heads up!

::hysterical::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 08:37:06 PM »

That's when you empty the 2nd story chamber pot.

Chit runs downhill....

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 10:12:26 PM »
Speaking of which:

Titanic II sinks on maiden voyage

One eye-witness said: "It wasn't a very big boat - I think an ice-cube could have sunk it!"
::laughonfloor::

/hat tip Ace of Spades
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 12:10:36 AM »
Speaking of which:

Titanic II sinks on maiden voyage

One eye-witness said: "It wasn't a very big boat - I think an ice-cube could have sunk it!"
::laughonfloor::

/hat tip Ace of Spades

that's funny!

Not that I'm superstitious but really he thought a second hand boat named Titanic II was gonna float for long?
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."