Author Topic: Another player emerges...Parler  (Read 1309 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Another player emerges...Parler
« on: June 28, 2020, 03:44:01 PM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/27/parler-ceo-wants-liberal-to-join-the-pro-trump-crowd-on-the-app.html

https://parler.com/auth/access

Never heard of it (or maybe I did and forgot) until I saw it mentioned...people like Nunes, Cruz, Jordan, MnEnany signing up...

Let Twitter become an echo-chamber of never-happy commie tribes...like CNN and the rest...

::mooning::

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Re: Another player emerges...Parler
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 03:53:31 PM »
Interesting - I had never heard of it either -- but early this morning, one of our team leaders in CA sent me an invite via Twitter -- & now I have an account.

EDIT:
O.K. -- I've made several posts there (all business promotion) -- & I like the platform (though that may simply because of the new look & feel) - but have already gotten a few "hits" within my field -- I'm hoping it'll fall into a more "professional" category (like Linked In vs Facebook).

I'm not one who takes the "Who to Follow" suggestions from an App -- but the suggestions here are definitely 99% conservative.
I've also cross-posted to Linked In, Twitter & my blog - to see if I can determine where any traffic is coming from.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 09:01:09 PM by Pablo de Fleurs »
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 07:53:39 AM »
I eschew social media stuff...but LinkedIn I have just to keep a networking presence out there, and even then I do it grudgingly...but if this Parler thing takes off...might have to think about it...

Does this require outing yourself and opening yourself up to doxing et al (not that I am entirely closed to the idea of trapping prey), or could I sign up as my favored nom de plume?

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 09:36:04 AM »
You can set your own name, e.g Libertas.

Initially your user name & name are the same, e.g. @Libertas -- but you can change your Name (remove the '@').

For example, there's a dude there with the following:

Name - Uncle Sam’s Misguided Children
User Name - @UncleSamsMisguidedChildren

He could, if desired, change the Name to "Uncle Sam’s Misguided Kids" -- his User Name would remain the same as it's part of the email used to sign-up.
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 10:27:12 AM »
Thanks.

And in perfect timing...a contrarian view...

https://conservativehardliner.com/why-parler-sucks-and-why-gab-superior?utm_source=whatfinger

Some of what this guys says seems legit and verified...the full extent though I guess is an anecdotal process...but if true then it is not so much a Parler issue as it is a iClown/Goolag anti-trust issue...which may be easier to prosecute by showing not only user injustice but industry injustice to a 3rd party competitor...it may well be that this migration to Parler can help ensure the demise of BigBrother one way or another!

::thumbsup::

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2020, 12:03:27 PM »
I agree with the dislike of social media. It all, eventually (Linked In as well) devolves to personal political POVs -- especially now with the fashionable disclaimer:

"I usually keep my views on Linked In to business only . . . but I feel [obsessively] compelled to say 'Black Lives Matter' if ONLY to let my clients know I'm riding high on the trending bandwagon..."

I've called several of them out -- as I actually work with a small & growing group of black youths a little north of me; coaching things like entrepreneurial thinking, faith-based cultural perspectives & goal setting -- but so far most, on Linked In, want simply to let others know how opposed they are to "racism" without getting too close to the actual problem or [yikes] possible relationship-based solutions.

I've been tempted on several occasions to delete ALL presence on social media -- but that would severely curtail my reach on projects like described above.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2020, 12:29:01 PM »
I agree with the dislike of social media. It all, eventually (Linked In as well) devolves to personal political POVs -- especially now with the fashionable disclaimer:

"I usually keep my views on Linked In to business only . . . but I feel [obsessively] compelled to say 'Black Lives Matter' if ONLY to let my clients know I'm riding high on the trending bandwagon..."

I've called several of them out -- as I actually work with a small & growing group of black youths a little north of me; coaching things like entrepreneurial thinking, faith-based cultural perspectives & goal setting -- but so far most, on Linked In, want simply to let others know how opposed they are to "racism" without getting too close to the actual problem or [yikes] possible relationship-based solutions.

I've been tempted on several occasions to delete ALL presence on social media -- but that would severely curtail my reach on projects like described above.

I can and will resist that on LinkedIn...anybody asks I'll retort I believe in Founding Principles and freedom of the self and my mind is paramount, period...everything else is noise and ad hom self-gratification.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2020, 12:51:07 PM »
https://twitter.com/belet_seri/status/1276881149260857345?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1276881149260857345%7Ctwgr%5E&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.weaselzippers.us%2F

Wrong is wrong...

Plus, in a free speech environment denying predators their prey is a little cruel...

Natural Selection should be in play...

As long as no one is issuing specific threats and the like...general threats in a helpful Chris Rock "I wouldn't do that sh!t if I were you" vein should be OK...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2020, 08:59:33 PM »

I found this. Maybe here? I cannot remember.
I realize the meme below is not a call to arms and is sung by Barbara Streisand, not Sabaton, but worth watching anyway. At 10:45.
Includes a photo of Vox Day.
https://youtu.be/bB7_t9Ykv7g?t=639
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2020, 08:21:35 AM »
I cannot watch anything with that commie whore in it...

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2020, 09:48:17 AM »
https://twitter.com/belet_seri/status/1276881149260857345?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1276881149260857345%7Ctwgr%5E&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.weaselzippers.us%2F

Wrong is wrong...

Plus, in a free speech environment denying predators their prey is a little cruel...

Natural Selection should be in play...

As long as no one is issuing specific threats and the like...general threats in a helpful Chris Rock "I wouldn't do that sh!t if I were you" vein should be OK...

I'm seeing a lot of pushback to Parler - I interpret that to lefties recognizing a threat and knee-jerking a reaction. It bears further observation.

As with nearly all social media a reoccurring theme comes to mind when observing the left's conduct:

"You are the reason why we can't have nice things"

::pullhair::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2020, 12:25:55 PM »
Eff'n-A, Bubba!

Gonna make these losers own it no matter how hard it hurts them!!!

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2020, 06:59:19 PM »
Parler is vulnerable to being deplatformed by their hosting provider

That's been my concern for years as anyone tries to start some kind of conservative web site. Most hosting providers tend to be liberal.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2020, 08:26:20 AM »
I have a Gab account and they're constantly battling with payment processors.