Author Topic: Nabisco Saltines  (Read 2730 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Nabisco Saltines
« on: October 15, 2020, 01:13:04 AM »
I went for some out of the cabinet and the stench from them was awful.  Apparently, they'd gone bad, despite me keeping the sleeves in a plastic bag.

I did some looking around via search engine and found many similar complaints, going back to 2009!

Anybody else notice this?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Re: Nabisco Saltines
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 07:00:10 AM »
I'm a Keebler 'Townhouse' & 'Dippers' man, myself.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2020, 08:14:38 AM »
I've had them get stale and kinda funky before...

Never used to be that way back in the good old days...you know BO/BC...Before Obamahole, Before Clinton's...

I like a Ritz or a whatever that flat shredded wheat critter is I'm drawing a blank on...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2020, 08:21:54 AM »
Stale is one thing; these reek and taste as bad as they smell.  I have another box that I put up (and bagged them as well when I first brought 'em home); I have to check them but I'm figuring they're bad too.  When I did searches for other people's experiences, they wrote that the ones brought right from the store were off.

Nabisco obviously changed something about the way they're made, and not for the good.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2020, 09:34:12 AM »
Stale is one thing; these reek and taste as bad as they smell.  I have another box that I put up (and bagged them as well when I first brought 'em home); I have to check them but I'm figuring they're bad too.  When I did searches for other people's experiences, they wrote that the ones brought right from the store were off.

Nabisco obviously changed something about the way they're made, and not for the good.

Yeah...must be using a poor substitute...or the stores found them on a back shelf out back and figured what the hell, sell 'em...

Gotta check those dates...they leave recently expired on shelves all the time hoping some sap buys it...and if you don't get to it right away...gets more at risk...

Smaller sizes and/or smaller boxes...getting screwed that way for years now...now, old or rotten ingredients?  Time to say goodbye!

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2020, 10:01:51 AM »
Y'all forced me to go look ;'}

Yep, what I have is nabisco. Nope - they don't smell or taste peculiar. They have a Nov. 20th use-by date. Don't know what else to say.

::speechless::

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2020, 01:12:30 PM »
A lot of products (including things that have been otherwise unchanged for decades) have had their preservatives changed or removed due to them not being "natural" enough.   The times they are replaced with an alternative,  they are often not as effective. 

People forget why these preservatives were added to begin with,  that many natural items often do not last very long..........

It also doesn't help that most things are packaged in plastic now a days rather than metal or glass.    A metal can or a glass bottle will preserve something far longer than plastic.    The irony of course is more food waste........

Sometimes the common practices of decades ago (like returning soda pop bottles for refilling rather than just recycling),  are much more green than what is seen as "green" today. 

Online paulh

• Established Member
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2020, 01:23:14 PM »
The sleeves were unopened in the plastic bag?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2020, 04:23:59 PM »
The sleeves were unopened in the plastic bag?

Yep.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2020, 07:26:10 PM »
  I have never had them stink before .  Call their asses up and see what they say.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2020, 07:45:43 AM »
  I have never had them stink before .  Call their asses up and see what they say.

I can tell you without calling what they'll say:  "hunh, this is the first we're hearing of this; nobody else has complained".

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2020, 04:47:39 PM »

I can tell you without calling what they'll say:  "hunh, this is the first we're hearing of this; nobody else has complained".

Sounds like a software help desk.
1. No one has every complained about this before.
2. This was fixed in the last release.
3. This will be fixed in the next release.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2020, 03:01:52 AM »

Sounds like a software help desk.
1. No one has every complained about this before.
2. This was fixed in the last release.
3. This will be fixed in the next release.

Closer to home for me:

I bought from a furniture builder a bathroom vanity and linen tower.  Couple weeks ago, one of the drawers started jamming and sticking.  I called the company and told the owner the problem; I said the slide-hardware on this unit is faulty.  (She contracts out the building of the furniture).

What does she tell me? 

1)  Nobody else we have sold to has complained.

2)  Did you take the drawers out?  If so, you put them back in wrong.  IOW, operator error.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2020, 08:32:17 AM »
I can see someone grabbing another on the showroom floor by the back of the neck and explaining things in an intimate way...