Author Topic: Alex Trebek passed away  (Read 949 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Alex Trebek passed away
« on: November 08, 2020, 08:32:16 PM »
https://www.chicksonright.com/blog/2020/11/08/after-a-public-battle-with-cancer-alex-trebek-80-passes-peacefully-in-his-home/

I'm kinda broken-hearted.  RIP, Mr. Trebek

"It's a picky, picky little show".  A. Trebek
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: Alex Trebek passed away
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 08:34:52 PM »
https://www.chicksonright.com/blog/2020/11/08/after-a-public-battle-with-cancer-alex-trebek-80-passes-peacefully-in-his-home/

I'm kinda broken-hearted.  RIP, Mr. Trebek

"It's a picky, picky little show".  A. Trebek

Can you state that in the form of a question?

Rest in peace Mr. Trebek

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 07:38:18 AM »
How many can say they did what they loved doing right to the end?

R.I.P. Alex.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 02:11:46 PM »
Game shows are a unique formula. Game shows that span generations can be counted on one hand. The one thing all the successful ones have in common is an affable and credible host. Trebek is possibly the very best who’s ever done the job.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 04:28:57 PM »
I often thought of trying to get on that show...with my luck all the categories would have been stuff like pop culture, women's lit, or those word jumble type things I totally over-analyze and I would get my ass handed to me...but having my failure with Alex conducting still would have been a treat...cannot even think of wanting to do it now with him gone...

:'(

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2020, 06:46:19 PM »
I often thought of trying to get on that show...with my luck all the categories would have been stuff like pop culture, women's lit, or those word jumble type things I totally over-analyze and I would get my ass handed to me...but having my failure with Alex conducting still would have been a treat...cannot even think of wanting to do it now with him gone...

I would pay folding money to watch you go nuts over other players.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2020, 07:34:41 PM »

I used to watch it with my mom. Not only did she know all the answers but she always remembered to phrase it in the form of a question ;'}

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2020, 07:44:46 AM »

I used to watch it with my mom. Not only did she know all the answers but she always remembered to phrase it in the form of a question ;'}

'Ol Alex would give ya that look for a sec, give 'em a chance to rephrase their answer...

Sure everybody watching is like duuuude?!