Author Topic: Parler & MeWe, replacements for Twitter and Facebook  (Read 1864 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Parler & MeWe, replacements for Twitter and Facebook
« on: November 09, 2020, 10:44:13 AM »
If any of you are wanting to bail out on Farcebook and Twitter to avoid the Leftist censors, Dan Bongino’s “Parler” social media app is exploding, and MeWe functions very much like facebook. Parler has some bugs and a few non-intuitive aspects, but I imagine it will evolve. Facebook was weird and non-intuitive when MySpace ruled social media.

Find me on Parler as IronDioPriest. Find me on MeWe as Paul Miller.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Re: Parler & MeWe, replacements for Twitter and Facebook
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 11:06:34 AM »
I'll revisit Parler in a month or 2 -- initially had it on my phone & iPad -- but the glitches & bugs drove me to delete the app (constant signing & re-signing in, telling me my password didn't exist, etc.).
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 11:30:42 AM »
I dunno...maybe Parler...will there be Defense of Liberty updates on issues I'll be eager to see if this theft is successful as I fear...like secession and such?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 12:37:46 PM »
I'll revisit Parler in a month or 2 -- initially had it on my phone & iPad -- but the glitches & bugs drove me to delete the app (constant signing & re-signing in, telling me my password didn't exist, etc.).

This happened to me with my registration to TheDonald.win. Vexing to get logged in and going only to find ones self locked out upon their next visit. I don't have a Farcebook account and only signed up for Twit because I thought I needed it in order to view content (like you do with Farcebook). I don't use those sites because they are too nosy and too leftist.

I may try a few of these other sites if I determine that my joining helps them.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 03:44:44 PM »
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2020, 04:31:06 PM »
Resign from Fox..do live-stream and watch it quadruple...quintuple..

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2020, 05:10:54 PM »
Since Twitter is blocking most of Trump's tweets now   ::laserkill::  I'd like to see him get on Parler (he doesn't have to quit Twitter necessarily).
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2020, 05:58:52 PM »
I have a Parlor andddddd, there you are.  Followed.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2020, 06:01:00 PM »
Speaking of banned, looks like Dennis Miller has been banned from Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/RealDennisMiller/posts/?ref=notif

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2020, 06:25:27 PM »
I just downloaded the NewsMaxTV app on my Roku, and it works great. So refreshing to abandon Fox.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2020, 06:26:27 PM »
I have a Parlor andddddd, there you are.  Followed.

Followed you back

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2020, 06:29:26 PM »
Apparently the Apple Store and Google have threatened Parler with preventing app updates unless they censor content. I think this was actually earlier this summer, so I’m not sure of the status of that dispute at the moment. But holy f**k, does BigTech™ ever need to be busted up under anti-trust statute.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2020, 10:01:41 PM »
Apparently the Apple Store and Google have threatened Parler with preventing app updates unless they censor content. I think this was actually earlier this summer, so I’m not sure of the status of that dispute at the moment. But holy f**k, does BigTech™ ever need to be busted up under anti-trust statute.

What's needed is a body count. Pile it up -- Pile it high on the platter.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2020, 03:37:58 AM »
I just downloaded the NewsMaxTV app on my Roku, and it works great. So refreshing to abandon Fox.

It's also a "channel" on Pluto TV.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2020, 08:04:24 AM »

It's also a "channel" on Pluto TV.

I think they have a YouTube channel too.  Lots of options.  Kick BigMedia to the curb!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2020, 09:10:29 AM »
Is it true once you join Parler...there is no closing your account?

Anyway, in other news, mystery investor identified...

https://www.theepochtimes.com/parler-says-previously-secret-backer-is-conservative-billionaire-rebekah-mercer_3579465.html?utm_source=newsnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=breaking-2020-11-15-4

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebekah_Mercer

Spotty support recorded, but could be said of us all...but seems a legit Trump backer since becoming President.

Online paulh

• Established Member
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2020, 11:59:19 AM »
There was a big fight yesterday between Sundance & Bongino about Parler. Don't know the reason or the outcome, don't belong to Parler

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2020, 12:17:58 PM »
There was a big fight yesterday between Sundance & Bongino about Parler. Don't know the reason or the outcome, don't belong to Parler

Got a link to somewhere about this?  I'd like to know more.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online paulh

• Established Member
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2020, 12:22:13 PM »
Just go to the Treehouse and follow the tweets. This was yesterday, seemed they calling out Sundance

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2020, 12:33:25 PM »
Okay, thanks.  I did that.  I do wish our people would stop fighting, or at least, stop doing it in public.   foottapping