Author Topic: North Dakota Lawmakers Push Bill to Break the Religious Seal of the Confessional  (Read 890 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Three Republican and two Democratic members of the North Dakota legislature ....

... have introduced a bill that would require professional workers to report information about child abuse if they learn about it in their "professional capacity," including "clergy" who learn about it in the confessional.

... The Catechism of the Catholic Church states, “Given the delicacy and greatness of this ministry and the respect due to persons, the Church declares that every priest who hears confessions is bound under very severe penalties to keep absolute secrecy regarding the sins that his penitents have confessed to him. He can make no use of knowledge that confession gives him about penitents' lives.” (1467)

... Catholic League President Bill Donohue:  3) Can you explain why you have given a pass to the lawyer-client privilege and the exemption afforded psychologists and their patients? Do they not learn of sexual abuse behind closed doors?

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online paulh

• Established Member
Do you disagree with Donohue, all should be reported

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
It's part of the war on Christianity as far as I'm concerned.  The Sanctity of the Confessional must not be violated.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Well, the KGB already made attorney-client privilege moot...and with Quisling complicity with Marxists all the rage right now...can't say I am surprised...plus, those ND pubbies can get pretty muddy...

But...if they go forward with it...how about playing a double-game on them...sounds like a nice opp for some clever well-timed campaigns...and these Quislings and Marxists may have created natural allies to recruit...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.