Author Topic: Texas power outage/generation failure  (Read 713 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Texas power outage/generation failure
« on: February 22, 2021, 08:01:21 AM »
TEXAS POWER CRISIS THREAD: Once it was clear that the polar vortex would engulf the entire state of Texas @GovAbbott declared an emergency and asked President Biden for an EPA waiver to allow power generation facilities to operate at full capacity until the emergency passed.

I believe the Fed Dept. was corrected to DoE, not the EPA.  In any case, the request was essentially denied.

While we lost much of our renewable supply (wind and solar) our natural gas and coal are required to operate at 60% capacity to reduce emissions. They CAN operate at 100% if they get a waiver from the federal government (as Abbott requested). Biden refused...

WTF'g f uck!!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Texas power outage/generation failure
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 09:06:28 AM »
It's a declaration of war...if Trump had denied this to NY or some other commie sh!thole the MarxistMedia would be going apesh!t...The Marxists would be impeaching...etc etc.  As usual they are part of the conspiracy to wage war on US citizens it deems undesireable...it is time for oppressed dissidents to say enough!

Abbott needs to declare Fed interference hostile to human life and therefor null and void...and mobilize the Texas militia to fend off invading Fedcoats if they interfere with force.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 01:09:43 PM »
Great posts. I skimmed the memo from the DOE and missed the main point, about the price. 
I looked below and the price per mwh is less than $100 normally ($50?)  so 1500 is a huge increase.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cost_of_electricity_by_source#Energy_Information_Administration_(2020)
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 04:01:21 PM »
https://www.dailywire.com/news/texans-cant-lose-power-for-nonpayment-orders-utilities-commission

In an emergency open meeting tonight, PUC commissioners issued a series of orders intended to protect Texas electricity customers while state leaders consider solutions for the financial aftershocks of the winter storm grid event. Read more here: https://t.co/uchQccJUTi pic.twitter.com/2gYf2HSpaS

— PUC of Texas (@PUCTX) February 22, 2021
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 07:55:42 AM »
Well, those "solutions" need to un-screw your state's failed experiment with renewable BS, an upgrade in infrastructure and telling the Fed's to go screw themselves!  It cannot just be shooting money out of helicopters!

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.