Author Topic: Swell, another leftist bozo buys a studio...  (Read 991 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Swell, another leftist bozo buys a studio...
« on: May 26, 2021, 08:51:39 AM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/bezos-buys-bond-amazon-acquires-mgm-845-billion

I thought I felt an encroaching darkness...can probably look forward to some new high-quality wokist/racist trash hitting screens...not the "less rubbish" as Everly properly mentioned.

::mooning::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Lady Virginia

Re: Swell, another leftist bozo buys a studio...
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2021, 12:14:07 AM »
vindicates my never getting rid of my DVDs "even though I can just stream".....

I remember several years ago reading an article suggesting one of the easiest ways to organize and declutter your life was to get rid of CDs and DVDs and just stream....

I'm not seeing freedom in this....

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2021, 09:08:37 AM »
Especially now that they are putting warning labels for snowflakes and wokians on old movies as well as editing them...

Best get DVD/BlueRay's of early and later classics before they are destroyed as subversive by Marxists...

And books...before they burn them...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Lady Virginia

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2021, 02:43:11 PM »

Best get DVD/BlueRay's of early and later classics before they are destroyed as subversive by Marxists...

And books...before they burn them...

another reason why I frequent thrift shops and church rummage sales...

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2021, 12:57:47 PM »

I remember several years ago reading an article suggesting one of the easiest ways to organize and declutter your life was to get rid of CDs and DVDs and just stream....

Streaming my a ......... er, foot.  You haven't lived until you find yourself in front of the tv watching "the whirling circle of death", waiting for Amazon Prime to load.

We called the cable company (yeah, good luck widdat!) and it was "your feed is good, but your router is bad".  Uhn hunh.  So, since the router was pretty old (electronics speaking), we got a new one.  No joy, still the "whirling circle".  I suspect they're throttling our signal because we're not computer-surfing or game-playing at the same time, just trying to watch a movie.

We never have stopped collecting DVDs and I'm not shucking them just as I'm not shucking my paper books in favor of a Kindle or a Nook.

Besides, P.S., most of the newly made movies are horrible, and not just from the amount of homo/hookup/lgbtxyz stuff in them, they're terribly dystopic.  Very depressing.

P.P.S.  I recently saw a pic of Ellen Page, topless, after she had her breasts removed, in her boxer bathing trunks.  We live in a sick, sick world.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2021, 03:00:37 PM »

Streaming my a ......... er, foot.  You haven't lived until you find yourself in front of the tv watching "the whirling circle of death", waiting for Amazon Prime to load.

We called the cable company (yeah, good luck widdat!) and it was "your feed is good, but your router is bad".  Uhn hunh.  So, since the router was pretty old (electronics speaking), we got a new one.  No joy, still the "whirling circle".  I suspect they're throttling our signal because we're not computer-surfing or game-playing at the same time, just trying to watch a movie.

We never have stopped collecting DVDs and I'm not shucking them just as I'm not shucking my paper books in favor of a Kindle or a Nook.

Besides, P.S., most of the newly made movies are horrible, and not just from the amount of homo/hookup/lgbtxyz stuff in them, they're terribly dystopic.  Very depressing.

P.P.S.  I recently saw a pic of Ellen Page, topless, after she had her breasts removed, in her boxer bathing trunks.  We live in a sick, sick world.

Good God. I did not know that.

I recall some court case where some large company argued that when they said that customers could "buy" some media they did not mean that they owned it forever.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Lady Virginia

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2021, 05:39:56 PM »

I'd heard there was a picture...just knowing that was more than I needed to know

much less see it

Unfortunately, her future is probably not a long one....

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2021, 09:10:32 PM »

I'd heard there was a picture...just knowing that was more than I needed to know

much less see it

Unfortunately, her future is probably not a long one....

I saw her in a good but creepy movie. Hard Candy. She is maybe 15 and hit upon on line by some kinda pervy photographer.
The worst parts involve him drugged, bound, and her with a scalpel.
It was a well done but creepy movie.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown