Author Topic: Tour de France patron-caused crashed is a case study in societal de-evolution  (Read 763 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/tour-de-france-will-sue-fan-who-caused-horrific-crash-while-trying-get-selfie

Idiots create a society of narcissists and then turn hostile against their own creations...

::laughonfloor::

There are no innocents in this mess IMO...it's almost like it was staged...pansy rider #1 didn't move, didn't bark GTFO the way (in fact nobody did), none of the other adoring drones pulled their fellow idiot back...and pansy #1 is taken out by a piece of cardboard...

...and the drone mob flashes to anger in unison...

A microcosm of a stupid world getting more stupid by the second...

My first thought...going slow enough...cold-cock her in the jaw...or at least knock the drone's sign away and yelp "olay!"...

https://youtu.be/sP2tUW0HDHA
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 10:01:26 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Aw crap, Libertas.  Can't you just hear the ration of crap the rider would have gotten if he'd run her over?  Plus whatever sanctions the authorities would've slammed on him?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Yes, and it would not have changed a thing...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
Vox Day covered this and pointed out it is mostly women wo do this crap.  I recall girls in HS stopping in the middle of the stairs to chat during class changes.
http://voxday.blogspot.com/2021/06/solipsism-and-its-consequences.html
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
This is why we can't have nice things.

IMO the Selfie Generation is the most pathetic and represents the low ebb of human development. There's nowhere to go but up. And there is no greater illustration of the cringeworthy-ness of the Selfie Generation than this moron who set the pace for the moron stampede to come:

I was born the middle kid (#3 out of 5). Growing up I never felt the need to act out in order to attract attention. My sister (youngest of the five) ALWAYS needed the limelight. Perhaps it was my revulsion to her endless antics that accented my distaste for narcissists.

Consequently I have no objection to event administrators prosecuting this dolt. I will say that they will have a tough row to hoe, having encouraged this sort of (mis)behavior in the first place.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
This is why we can't have nice things.

IMO the Selfie Generation is the most pathetic and represents the low ebb of human development. There's nowhere to go but up. And there is no greater illustration of the cringeworthy-ness of the Selfie Generation than this moron who set the pace for the moron stampede to come:

I was born the middle kid (#3 out of 5). Growing up I never felt the need to act out in order to attract attention. My sister (youngest of the five) ALWAYS needed the limelight. Perhaps it was my revulsion to her endless antics that accented my distaste for narcissists.

Consequently I have no objection to event administrators prosecuting this dolt. I will say that they will have a tough row to hoe, having encouraged this sort of (mis)behavior in the first place.

Yahtzee!!!