Author Topic: Need group therapy?  (Read 461 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Need group therapy?
« on: July 20, 2021, 12:39:33 PM »

Mmmm, that is therapeutic!   ::thumbsup::   ::whoohoo:: 

And, remember...

H/T-WZ

God-given, baby!

Exercise your Freedom and Protect your Liberty!  Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Need group therapy?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2021, 01:51:08 PM »
I've been getting lots of practice shooting the BB gun at squirrels (durn tree-rats!) from the front porch.  My accuracy has greatly improved and BBs are cheap.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2021, 02:02:53 PM »
Yeah, my method of choice at the lake, more quiet.  Thing is the accuracy is short-range...mine is an old Daisy pump...I think max is 10 pumps but heard not good for cylinder to always max up to that, not sure if true or not but I usually go 7-9...and farther out there is a definite drop to factor in...but inside 10 yards pretty stable which is common tree-rat range...usually go longer when higher in a tree and shooting up, while not the most comfortable there is less lateral movement.  If I am able to obtain employment in the area and live up there permanently I'll be a resident and fishing and small game licenses cheaper...and the latter will see my .22's get more of a workout.

Sometimes when bored I'll draw rings on a paper plate and stick it on a tree and plink away, good way to judge drop and wind.  And as you say, BB's are cheap and I got lots laying around.  And BB's seem to have better velocity and penetration than the lead pellets, not enough oomph...probably work better in a higher FPS CO2 system.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2021, 03:38:12 PM »
Seems yours is more of a pellet gun.  BB gun requires racking once in between shots, no CO2.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2021, 04:30:17 PM »
It's a pump to pressurize air in the cylinder...and a simple AR-like bolt latch to load a BB from the reservoir by sliding a feed ramp thumb latch back and tilting the barrel down to get a BB to drop into position or hand-load a lead pellet (without the thumb latch and tilt).